Storing multiple decks

blue_fusion

HeavensVault said:
Any thought to what I could use to lacquer my wooden box with?

Also, matt vs shiney? Maybe a thick matt? And somethng that won't make the ink run from printing stuff out. Sometimes I make copies so I can reuse the print.

PS: aren't you the one that designed that fabulous new deck?

matte's generally pleasing to the eyes, but for some reason scratches easily (though there are scratch-proof ones, i think). just don't ever try using those cheapo plastic-based lacquer varnishes. when something bumps a surface that's been lacquered with it, the contact area breaks into unsightly, powder-y something.

PS: if you're referring to the Dusk Deck, thank you for calling it fabulous! :D

firefrost

blue_fusion - Nice boxes! I especially like the pillar-type one!

blue_fusion

firefrost said:
blue_fusion - Nice boxes! I especially like the pillar-type one!

thanks! it's currently housing the mythic. :)

Oddity

I have a tiny cupboard where I store all my personal nice things, like notebooks, incense, candles, pretty stones and seashells and such. Two drawers are for tarot and related things, except for the one deck that I read with, which goes in a painted glass box on top of the cupboard.

AJ

Sometimes you can use found space...I was dusting this week and realized I had this empty shelf just hanging there not doing any work. So I brought up some of my favorite decks and a few spread cloths and hooray, more shelving. Now I'm looking at the rack that displays my grandmother's tea cups, and the shadow box that has my salt dip collection :)

We live in an A-frame house, that is why the wall looks funky.

Attachments

• dec 003.jpg
    dec 003.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 277

rwcarter

Thought I'd actually post a pic of how my tarot collection is stored. Oracles are stored in a separate bookcase. My collection is nowhere near as big as gregory's. (BTW, firefrost, I only need to be gregory's new bestest friend for a week, then I'm happy to let someone else be her new bestest friend. If we rotate this way, then 52 people a year would be able to enjoy gregory's collection. Think of it. A Tarot Timeshare! :laugh:)

The second picture is a close-up of all the decks that are in bags. It's a little hard to see, but I've put marking tags on each bag so I can tell at a glance which deck is in the bag instead of having to open each bag to find a particular deck.

Rodney

Attachments

• tarot collection.jpg
    tarot collection.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 435
  • tarot bags.jpg
    tarot bags.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 310

Debra

rwcarter, that looks great--but would drive me crazy!

I've just moved my "shelf o' tarot" into a couple of plastic bins with lids and handles.

I can tell already that this isn't a good solution either.

Glass Owl

The second picture is a close-up of all the decks that are in bags. It's a little hard to see, but I've put marking tags on each bag so I can tell at a glance which deck is in the bag instead of having to open each bag to find a particular deck.

Ah, I know that this is an old post but I just have to say that your posts about your deck tags inspired me to go ahead and label my deck bags too. Thank you, Rodney, It makes it so much easier to find my decks and now those decks are not as easily forgotten.

Attachments

• 20140521_162607.jpg
    20140521_162607.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 235

rosetiger12

I have a a few shelves filled with box kits and a couple drawers of loose decks and some decks on my nightstand at the moment. More are on the way, so clever rearranging of my room will be necessary, lol.

Ah, I know that this is an old post but I just have to say that your posts about your deck tags inspired me to go ahead and label my deck bags too. Thank you, Rodney, It makes it so much easier to find my decks and now those decks are not as easily forgotten.

Nice solution for bag storage.

I'm curious as to what tarot is in the box between the Tarot of Paris and the Tarot of Northern Shadows. I don't recognize it from my random tarot searches.

Alta

I'm curious as to what tarot is in the box between the Tarot of Paris and the Tarot of Northern Shadows. I don't recognize it from my random tarot searches.
Looks like the Illuminati to me.