Minors so Far

Dean

I have been creating the next suit for my deck minor's and have done a few pictures to show the overall view of whats been done so far, the disks have been added today.

I have not always preferred the name pentacles for this suit, and tend to go for decks that use either ( Disks or Coins and i have not yet decided on which i will use before i subit my work to my friends publisher. At the moment i have put the name disks as the suit for now.

Here are the latest cards done below.

Thankyou

Major Tom

These look like a lot of fun Dean. :)

Debra

I like 'em, too. I have always liked your sense of color especially. This deck is its own thing--not derivative visually.

In the arrangement of the wands you asked about on an earlier thread (somewhere)--I think it would help if you had an Idea of what the card means. A bunch of wands as "obstacle" looks different than a bunch of wands as "dissension" or a bunch of wands as "swiftness." You seem to have that for the Swords--they look like what they mean.

Disks, sticks, knives and cups.

Cheers,
Debra

Dean

Major Tom said:
These look like a lot of fun Dean. :)

Thankyou Tom, the idea for the shapes and patterns do have abit of a riddle to them, when you read the cards with my friends book set that will come with the deck when its finished. :)

Dean

Debra said:
In the arrangement of the wands you asked about on an earlier thread (somewhere)--I think it would help if you had an Idea of what the card means. A bunch of wands as "obstacle" looks different than a bunch of wands as "dissension" or a bunch of wands as "swiftness." You seem to have that for the Swords--they look like what they mean.

Debra

Hi Deb's, and thankyou

I see what you mean about the arrangements used as an obstacle, i have come up with a few different versions of some on the wands on another thread, someone had helped me decide on not depicting the pips as the same has scenic type decks. I think scenic type decks can explain the meanings more easier then making a pip symmetry format look like an obstacle, i found doing this with my swords was alot easier then the wands, so i wanted to come up with more of a different approach from most pip decks that i have.

Dean

beachcomb

these are really really cool. i love the colours used and the geometry.

Dean

beachcomb said:
these are really really cool. i love the colours used and the geometry.

Thanyou, i'm glad you think they look cool it's always good to get approval from someone else, this helps with how the deck will finally look. ;)

Dean