Correlating the Courts

ravenest

its not a court ... it appears to be from a playing deck.

It relatess to comments about the obscurity of what not only some people think the court / title / colour system is but seemingly obscure references the people that developed it themselves came up with.

The Thoth GD and RW all have variant titles ... even the GD has different titles relating to the same card ... and the colour scales that apply to the four worlds have tarot card titles that are again seemingly different .

Its enough to make one's head spin (without a lot of detailed analysis ) like a merry-go-round .... or a spinning wheel ... like the song lyrics above ... on a carousel, the painted pony is what one is riding on

So trying to nut this all out is like being on a painted pony on a merry-go-round.

No ... you are NOT nuts ( actually you got secretly voted in as the most recent favourite intelligent poster ... :shhh: ... I'm serious about that by the way) ... its just that some people communicate in a visual symbolic language ... it can save a LOT of typing ... like I just did ... <phew!> but for you .... its my pleasure :) I CAN be bothered

But for LRichard;

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/340909375/element_meh_mousepad.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90

ravenest

Although .... maybe LRichard just like the girl on the horse :laugh: })

Marie-Bernard

Although .... maybe LRichard just like the girl on the horse :laugh: })

LOL!

Thanks for the explanation, I was trying very much to puzzle that out - I was a step away from getting out 'Mystical Origins' to see if the 9 of Cups had some historic association as a messenger. :p

Richard

It's the Rider from Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Lenormand, a 36 card oracle deck. The Rider brings news. Nothing deep, but all the cards are eye candy.

Attachments

• gilded.jpg
    gilded.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 81

Marie-Bernard

It's the Rider from Ciro Marchetti's Gilded Lenormand, a 36 card oracle deck. The Rider brings news. Nothing deep, but all the cards are eye candy.

Okay, I've never seen an oracle deck before, but based on the three cards you've drawn I could make a prediction for you right now if you'd like. Something about multiple partners and making babies...go ahead and fear death by drowning while you're at it. :)

To keep this semi on topic, Do oracles have the same four court cards as Tarot decks do?

ravenest

Sorry, thats a Lenormand forum question :laugh:

Richard

Okay, I've never seen an oracle deck before, but based on the three cards you've drawn I could make a prediction for you right now if you'd like. Something about multiple partners and making babies...
Been there, done that already.
go ahead and fear death by drowning while you're at it. :)
Sorry, I float like a cork.
To keep this semi on topic, Do oracles have the same four court cards as Tarot decks do?
No.

Richard

...go ahead and fear death by drowning while you're at it. :).....
Anyhow, I didn't draw The Drowned Phonecian Sailor :D...

Here, said she,
Is your card, the drowned Phoenician Sailor,
(Those are pearls that were his eyes. Look!)
Here is Belladonna, The Lady of the Rocks, The lady of situations.
Here is the man with three staves, and here the Wheel,
And here is the one-eyed merchant, and this card,
Which is blank, is something he carries on his back,
Which I am forbidden to see. I do not find
The Hanged Man. Fear death by water.

- T. S. Eliot​