"House of God" = Meteorites?

baba-prague

Another meteor image - old one

I just realised that we had this in an old German book we own (we collect imagery and haunt antiquariats!)

If this conversation is still ongoing and of interest I can find out more about where this is from.

The interesting thing (one of the interesting things) is that again it shows meteors as associated with lightning.
Edited to add - no it doesn't, my mistake. See post below please.

Attachments

• stone_storm.jpg
    stone_storm.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 181

le pendu

THANKS BABA!

Well.. *I'm* certainly interested in an ongoing conversation. I really think there may be a connection in all of this.

I'm really curious what the drawing is of??? Is it Biblical????

Looks like a camel is involved.

Fascinating.

robert

Elven

back again :p

Thats a very interesting picture! It looks as if the ground is opening up and swallowing them - le pendu's camel, and there are the sheep and the shepherd maybe? there seems to be other animals in there as well - maybe baba you have a better idea of what they are?

I am putting this here more as my own reference - but comment if you like ;) I know its not concrete evidence, but I find it interesting, We recently (last week) had a meteor shower here in Australia as a comet broke up - Im not sure where else saw this - but it was big news on the East coast - today we have sent troops in urgency to help as Indonesia, as it breaks out in civil unrest. Our PM has said that we may have to expect casualties :bugeyed: What!! Yes, I know coincidence? But this new flare up is serious, and I find it interesting as this thread started me thinking about the meteorites again and to keep an eye on things, especially the unexpected, and specifically war or disaster - This is a very sudden flare up, but not totally unexpected - sounds like a Tower moment to me. Also this month has been a bit full - tsunamis, earthquakes, volcano erruptions and now early monsoonal floodingsand land slides. This is very close to home now, just across our oceans.

But back to the picture ... :D resume normal programming :D

Blessings
Elven x

baba-prague

My German is not up to this. Neither is my eyesight as it's written in that Gothic script. But the image is from 1718 and - ah, not meteorites at all, it's actually the "hailstorm mixed with fire" that struck Egypt. Aha! It's the seventh plague:

Storm (fiery hail) (9:13 - 9:35) ברד
The seventh plague of Egypt was a destructive storm. God commanded Moses to stretch his staff skyward, at which point the storm commenced. It was even more evidently supernatural than the previous plagues, a powerful shower of hail intermixed with fire. The storm heavily damaged Egyptian orchards and crops, as well as men and livestock. The storm struck all of Egypt except for the Land of Goshen. Pharaoh asked Moses to remove this plague and promised to allow the Israelites to worship God in the desert, saying "This time I have sinned; God is righteous, I and my people are wicked." As a show of God's mastery over the world, the hail stopped as soon as Moses began praying to God - hail which was then in the air never reached the ground; it simply disappeared. However, after the storm ceased, Pharaoh "hardened his heart" and refused to keep his promise.
(from wikipedia)

Interesting - the plot thickens!

PS - yes it is a camel - it always seemed to me unfair that the animals were involved.

Edited to add, close-up here:

Attachments

• stone_storm_crop.jpg
    stone_storm_crop.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 157

Elven

Thankyou baba! :D

What then is a hail and fire storm? - are comets made of ice and burning gases?

Hahaha - I thought I saw a mushroom in amongst all those hailstones too :)

back aftera think and a research session.

Blessings
Elven x

baba-prague

It's in Revelation too, the first trumpet of the seven:

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=73&chapter=8&version=31

I think the plagues of Egypt are supposed to correspond, to some extent, to the Trumpets of Revelation.

Elven

Thankyou baba!
I was reading up on severe storms and came across something interesting, which was how to tell (1) a severe storm as opposed to just a storm, and (2)that a severe storm is approaching.

According to BoM, severe storms have to have any of the following: (my highlights)
Hail greater than 2 cm in diameter
Heavy enough rains to produce flash flooding
Winds gusting over 90 kilometres an hour, enough to rip branches off trees and damage tiles on roofs. Winds 110-130 km/hr are capable of pushing trees over.
Tornadoes, whirlwinds that whisk over the land, with winds ranging anywhere from 100 to 300 kilometres per hour, are also classified as severe storms.

Severe storms are born in thunderclouds. Looking like marshmallow castles, thunderclouds, or cumulonimbus, are towering masses of circulating air that can extend 15 kilometres from the base of the cloud to the tropopause, the part of the upper atmosphere between the troposphere and the stratosphere.

But despite their height, severe storms are generally localised and the width of the cloud may be only a few kilometres. What drives these storms is their powerful updraughts and downdraughts, supporting large amounts of water and ice which falls to the ground as rain and hail.

I get the impression that the Tower of clouds is the indicator of the approaching storm just by its appearance - it certainly 'looks' and 'develops' representing a Tower like figure. Height to width ratio. (can this be considered as an approaching omen? considering we are talking about the card - can this be intergrated into the interpretation?)
And a severe storm has a criteria - I guess it depend upon what its made up of - a hail of bullets is still a description of a hailstorm of sorts I guess ;)

Do you think this is relevant - or is this all pie in the sky stuff? Am I making a Tower out of a sandcastle? :)
..or am I putting 'the Tower before the Storm'

Blessings
Elven x

edit to add:
In China, there's been stories of hailstones as big as basketballs," said Parkyn.

Lightning
It can cause burns, loss of hearing or even electrocution, especially if you are unlucky enough to be the tallest object in an area, and a convenient place for the lightning strike to earth.

Lightning strikes happen when storm clouds discharge the unbalance in the atmosphere between a strong positive and negative charge. The violent burst of energy can take the form of a jagged strike, a sheet, or even a ball.

Most lightning occurs within the cloud itself, but will also flash between clouds and strike from the cloud to the ground. Rarely, it can even travel from the ground up to the cloud above.

As the air is ripped apart by lightning heating the air to around 30,000ºC, it creates thunder. Because light travels faster than sound we see the lightning strike before we hear it. Measuring the time lapse between the two is one way to judge the distance of the storm.

I can interpret that into the Tower too in some respects. Except maybe for the thunder - maybe cards should have surround sound ;)

Blessings
Elven x

baba-prague

I don't know Elven, but your posts are interesting and widen the thinking - thank-you!

I'm inclined to think that maybe The Tower is a depiction of the "First Trump" from Revelation. I've thought for a long time (along with many of course) that much of the Trumps sequence has references to Revelations.

The hailstorm mixed with fire may be a literal reference to a meteorite storm (can they precipitate hail? It would be interesting to know). Or of course it may simply be a metaphorical description of supernatural destruction.

But that's just my take on it for now - and I can't claim to have gone into this in anything like the depth that others here have.

Elven

baba said:
I'm inclined to think that maybe The Tower is a depiction of the "First Trump" from Revelation. I've thought for a long time (along with many of course) that much of the Trumps sequence has references to Revelations.

Ok - I undersatand :p so there is the context of 'a revelation'? in the card?

baba said:
The hailstorm mixed with fire may be a literal reference to a meteorite storm (can they precipitate hail? It would be interesting to know).
Yes they can predict the hail storm from these cloud formations - the description above which has the 'towering' type clouds carries hail (ice)- thats why i thought of the predictive aspect of the tower card. If you see this type of clouds accumulating - you can expect ice and water falling. The clouds width can be a couple of kilometers wide, but the height can be about 15 kilometers tall.

Blessings
Elven x

kwaw

baba-prague said:
http://www.tarotforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=10048

It is interesting isn't it. However, I've just turned to another book here and it says firmly that this is The Prodigal Son who is grazing pigs.

They look like pigs to me, and reminiscent of calendar images that show the labours of the months, the labour of the month of november being for the swineherd to take out the pigs to forage for acorns to fatten them up for slaughter:

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/england/great-malvern-priory-photos/slides/eos_380.htm