Cleansing with sound energy

wildchilde

Hooray, I found my Baoding (Chinese Harmony) Balls! Couldn't figure out WHAT had happened to them since my move here years ago. Well, while I was in search of something else entirely -- isn't that always the way? -- I opened a box and there they were. Hurrah.

They are balls with chimes built in -- mine are chrome, like the ones in this video. But mine are somewhat smaller and I only have two, not four.

Hurrah! As soon as I saw this post I was imagining the critters rolling them around on the floor getting their own sound therapy! That would be cool :)

btw, I think your two separate websites are a great idea and well worth the effort.

also, as far as your laryingitis issues...both you and your husband should start taking some potassium immediately. It will clear your sinuses and balance your system so that your throat is not constantly irritated.

shelikes2read

Hurrah! As soon as I saw this post I was imagining the critters rolling them around on the floor getting their own sound therapy! That would be cool :)

btw, I think your two separate websites are a great idea and well worth the effort.

also, as far as your laryingitis issues...both you and your husband should start taking some potassium immediately. It will clear your sinuses and balance your system so that your throat is not constantly irritated.

We do take various vitamins and minerals, but I'd like to see us add a few more potassium-bearing foods to our diet. We sometimes have bananas in the house, for example, but not right now. Maybe it's time for a restock. it certainly can't hurt, and from where I sit, with all these darn germs going around, it can only help.

I had to laugh at the image of the critters playing with the Baoding balls. I bet they WOULD love them. I just did what is evolving into my tuning-fork ritual (see previous posts) and when I exited the studio, there was my Chihuahua looking all happy at the foot of the stairs. She's elderly and doesn't like to climb the stairs anymore, but she's getting her tiny self as close as she can to the sound.

I think I'm going to either take my tuning forks downstairs, or take her UPstairs, and give HER a tuning fork treatment. She has been having some health issues lately, for which we have been seeing the vet. However, just like my "hit it from all angles" approach to beating back the headcold, I'm all about beating ALL medical difficulties back with every possible weapon. Therefore, She Who Is Wee might be getting a lot closer to her beloved chime sounds than she ever thought possible, in the VERY near future. :)

stonesatiety

I too am fascinated with audible vibration and perfect fifths. If two didgeridoos (a Euro name for Native Australian wind instruments usually made of termite-hollowed trees) a perfect fifth apart are played together, they sound quite pleasing to a western-tuned ear. As I continued to play, I found that any didges played together would go together, if the players were open to such.

From researching and looking at available instruments, the original creators and players of didge play 'em as they come without tuning them to a western or eastern scale. Why would they? The native makers often tune didges to the western scale for sale on the world market, however. Three of my authentic abo-made didges are right on a western key, one used in ceremony, so just happened to fall on the key of E. The two others I have are a little off major keys, but I wouldn't trade 'em!

In clearing/healing work, any pitch of didge works on anybody, unless they don't care for the sound. A person may prefer a low B range to a high G, for example. There's something about the complex vibration and attendant spirits that blows old crud from us like wind blows sand.

Another way that works well for me is my quartz crystal bowl. It is also organically made in the sense that it is hand blown without trying to tune it. The complex sound it makes clears/heals anybody. In fact, this type bowl is so powerful I had a few customers run from the store years ago when I began demonstrating. Nothing is forced, the powerful vibration/intent can't help but gently loosen holds immediately. And the bowl has a presence similar to a quartz crystal!

I have yet to try your recordings shelikes, because my old computer's sound files don't work right now. I hope to either repair it soon or remember to listen on a friend's computer. Thanks for all the info.

shelikes2read

I too am fascinated with audible vibration and perfect fifths. If two didgeridoos (a Euro name for Native Australian wind instruments usually made of termite-hollowed trees) a perfect fifth apart are played together, they sound quite pleasing to a western-tuned ear. As I continued to play, I found that any didges played together would go together, if the players were open to such.

From researching and looking at available instruments, the original creators and players of didge play 'em as they come without tuning them to a western or eastern scale. Why would they? The native makers often tune didges to the western scale for sale on the world market, however. Three of my authentic abo-made didges are right on a western key, one used in ceremony, so just happened to fall on the key of E. The two others I have are a little off major keys, but I wouldn't trade 'em!

In clearing/healing work, any pitch of didge works on anybody, unless they don't care for the sound. A person may prefer a low B range to a high G, for example. There's something about the complex vibration and attendant spirits that blows old crud from us like wind blows sand.

Another way that works well for me is my quartz crystal bowl. It is also organically made in the sense that it is hand blown without trying to tune it. The complex sound it makes clears/heals anybody. In fact, this type bowl is so powerful I had a few customers run from the store years ago when I began demonstrating. Nothing is forced, the powerful vibration/intent can't help but gently loosen holds immediately. And the bowl has a presence similar to a quartz crystal!

I have yet to try your recordings shelikes, because my old computer's sound files don't work right now. I hope to either repair it soon or remember to listen on a friend's computer. Thanks for all the info.

If you like perfect fifths, you might like the violin or viola, as their strings are all tuned to fifths (G-D-A-E for the violin, or C-G-D-A for the viola). Or the mandolin might work for you, as it's tuned to the same pitches as the violin.

I have started to explore books on sound healing now. I listened to a free online seminar by Jonathan Goldman on sound healing, and wound up purchasing some of his music plus looking up the rest of his available collection on Spotify. So now I have even more ways to create a healing environment: playing music that's specifically designed for things like healing, chakra balancing, reiki work, and so on. I also tracked down a book he wrote in 2008: The 7 Secrets of Sound Healing.

Certain tones and certain beats help the brain achieve the same brainwave frequencies as are found in light (or deep!) meditation states, or even sleep. I've had some fascinating meditation experiences so far while using them. And, ObCrystals (lol), by using the tones AND Fluorite, which is the OTHER project I'm working on these days.

It keeps things interesting around here, lol. :)

shelikes2read

Spoiled kitties are spoiled, lol. My laptop lives on a TV tray in front of the sofa. I have therepeutic music (the album Reiki Chants by Jonathan Goldman) playing on the computer. The music actually has the Reiki energy encoded into it, so listening to it is beneficial on multiple levels.

Both cats are zonked on the sofa, right in front of the computer. One kitty is SO sound asleep, that he's got that "I'm running in my sleep" paw-twitch going on. :) I'm glad they like their Reiki treatment, lol.

I shouldn't be surprised. I was playing this same album in my studio this afternoon, the better to infuse my workspace and all my jewelry items, supplies, and tools. When I was done. I opened the door and discovered two stripey critters parked right outside the room, curled up in front of the door.

So it's not just the tuning forks they like. They like metaphysical music, as well. That's good to know. :)

shelikes2read

My latest adventure happened today, when I received an order from sound healer Jonathan Goldman. He writes music that contains healing, chakra-balancing, and reiki tones. My purchase allowed for an online download PLUS CDs of the music, so I've been listening to the music already, but it's still nice to have a hard copy of it.

The purchase also included a tuning fork that resonates with the pineal gland, which connects to both the Third Eye and Crown Chakras. And it was going to include an "activator". Well, I thought that was interesting, and wondered what an activator was. I mean, I knew that it was going to be round and flat, and that it was for striking the tuning fork against. But I wondered what it would be made of, would it be hollow, etc.

Well, what was the activator? A HOCKEY PUCK. It has Jonathan Goldman's site's logo on it, but it is an InGlasCo official hockey puck, made in Slovakia. I darn near fell on the floor laughing. I'm a major hockey fan and I've got a houseful of pucks already. This, however, is my first METAPHYSICAL puck. ;)

This isn't even the first time I've seen a real hockey puck repurposed for some other task. As a jewelry-making wire artist, I know that there are times when hammering the wire will help to work-harden it and make the pattern stronger. I saw something described as a "hockey puck anvil" on one of my jewelry supply sites as a surface for hammering wire items. It was reasonably-priced, so I ordered it, and discovered that they LITERALLY meant "hockey puck". That was the source of another laughing fit on my part (not to mention, I dug up one of my black practice-used pucks and added THAT to my jewelry-making tools, as well).

So now I have THREE hockey pucks in my studio, none of which are going to be seeing any ice time any time soon. LOL. Two are for jewelry-making and the third goes with my sound-healing tuning forks and chimes.

And the pineal tuning fork works great, but I was glad I was relatively well-grounded before trying it out. I can see where someone would start to go all spacey if they boost their Third Eye and Crown Chakras a whole lot without having been grounded.

wildchilde

Spoiled kitties are spoiled, lol. My laptop lives on a TV tray in front of the sofa. I have therepeutic music (the album Reiki Chants by Jonathan Goldman) playing on the computer. The music actually has the Reiki energy encoded into it, so listening to it is beneficial on multiple levels.

Both cats are zonked on the sofa, right in front of the computer. One kitty is SO sound asleep, that he's got that "I'm running in my sleep" paw-twitch going on. :) I'm glad they like their Reiki treatment, lol.

I loved this!!! So nice to know your four legged babies are getting as much out of your sound healing adventures as you are! As you know, I absolutely adore Jonathan Goldman and have many of his CDs! The Reiki album has been programmed to also impart Reiki healing energy along with the naturally healing tones and all animals respond very well to Reiki (as do humans) so it is no surprise there! (As a Reiki Master I have given hands-on Reiki to all manner of animals from dogs and cats to horses and hybrid wolves!)

shelikestoread said:
Well, what was the activator? A HOCKEY PUCK. It has Jonathan Goldman's site's logo on it, but it is an InGlasCo official hockey puck, made in Slovakia. I darn near fell on the floor laughing. I'm a major hockey fan and I've got a houseful of pucks already. This, however, is my first METAPHYSICAL puck.

Bwahahaha!! This is hilarious! I would have never thought of this, but it is actually a great idea! (especially for you hockey fans, eh!?)

shelikestoread said:
And the pineal tuning fork works great, but I was glad I was relatively well-grounded before trying it out. I can see where someone would start to go all spacey if they boost their Third Eye and Crown Chakras a whole lot without having been grounded.

very well said! Sometimes I participate in a pineal toning group (check out Jonathan Goldman's Vocal Toning the Chakras if you need more info on pineal toning) and it is amazingly powerful. It is very important though to always make sure we are well grounded. When I first started doing the pineal toning I had a very difficult time hitting the lower registers, so it can take practice to make sure we are aligning all of our chakras not just "the higher" ones.

shelikes2read

The latest...

I have listed in this thread some frequencies that resonate with our seven main Chakras, ones that are calculated based on values like planetary, solar, and lunar cycles. These are not tones that will be found on a piano keyboard; however, chimes and tuning forks have been created to produce these tones. There are also videos on Youtube (at least one of which is linked in this thread) that play back these tones.

However, there is a different system of tones matched to Chakras that IS easily replicated by a piano.

C - Root
D - Sacral
E - Solar Plexus
F - Heart
G - Throat
A - Third Eye
B - Crown

If you are interested in using tones to clear and brighten your Chakras, and you haven't got ready access to the planetary tones posted elsewhere in this thread, it should be easy to replicate the musical pitches listed above with any musical instrument or music-producing app.

This leads me to the reason for this post. I have not got large amounts of spare funds to work with, and I have already invested in tuning forks and chimes to replicate the planetary tones mentioned above. My research into sound therapy keeps bringing me to sets of tuning forks that replicate C through B, but I haven't got funds right now to run out and get seven more tuning forks. So I have wondered what to do.

Then I ran across a tuning fork that is adjustable. The website of one of the people who have written about sound therapy, Francine Milford, has got a lot of sound therapy items for sale, including her books and about a zillion tuning forks and sets. She has got a weighted tuning fork that when you move the position of the weights, you change the tone of the tuning fork. It can be made to replicate ALL seven tones (C through B), and it only costs the price of ONE normal tuning fork.

So I set some funds aside and placed that order. My adjustable fork arrived today. So I did a nice little Chakra tuneup with it. As usual, the cats were parked outside the studio when I finished, and my dog had migrated from her regular daytime nap spot on the sofa to her dog bed where she spends the night, which is at the foot of the stairs. She doesn't normally use her dog bed during the day. She's tiny and elderly and doesn't like to climb the stairs, so she curled up in the closest cozy place to the studio, which is right at the top of the stairs.

Those critters seriously love their Chakra tones, both the planetary ones and the Western-music ones. Now I'm REALLY going to make them happy, and play the Reiki music I wrote about a few posts ago. :)

shelikes2read

I had a LOL moment this afternoon.

I am in the process of developing a Chakra meditation that involves sound, plus repeating what I suppose would be a mantra. I'm still deciding on what words I want to use for some of the Chakras, so this is not ready to post.

But I was trying out the latest version of this meditation this afternoon. I got to the Heart Chakra and was mentally intoning "I am one" on the inhale, and "with all life" on the exhale. So there I was, on the sofa, focusing on love and repeating "I am one with all life. I am one with all life. I am one w..." and suddenly my train of thought was interrupted by the arrival of a HUGE ROUND PURRING ORANGE CAT in my lap. I laughed my head off. See what happens when we give off the right vibes? We attract love right back. XD :D