Horary Readings

Nytebugg

Minderwiz said:
Yes It should be a favourable outcome -

As you set a time limit of a year on your question, it should be no longer than that. I'd say more towards the end of the period rather than early on - though one perfectly possible interpretation is that you are introduced to 'Venus' in the near future by a mutual friend (probably female and older than you) though it will be some time before you click - indeed it might be that you don't really like each other to begin with.
a favourable outcome would be very nice. :)

I have kind of a friendship thing going on now that has been slow to actually get anywhere...2 steps forward and one step back sort of thing.
Also, it isn't out of the realm of possibilities of someone new coming into my life.

Minderwiz

Reading for Moonspirit

moonspirit said:
I'd like to sign up as well. I'd like to know if my corresponding with P will develop into a solid relationship? :heart: Sat 10:51pm June 5th

The chart is cast for the hour of the Moon and has Sagittarius rising. Moonspirit is therefore signified by Jupiter, on the cusp of Aries. Lilly would be happy if Jupiter and the Moon have something in common - in the same triplicity for example. Jupiter rules Pisces, of the Water triplicity and the Moon rules Cancer also Water. Furthermore Jupiter is exalted in the Moon's sign of Cancer. The only consideration before judgement is that the Moon is slow.

P is signified by Mercury, which is also quite interesting, given the relationship through correspondence. Jupiter in Aries is in none of the dignities of Mercury, which is not a good indicator for a developing relationship, neither is Mercury in any dignity of Jupiter - what seems to be the case here is a platonic relationship of pen friends. Jupiter has only very moderate dignity through Terms. Mercury in Taurus is only slightly stronger, but only because of mutual receptions with Mars and Saturn. Neither of these two are likely to be particularly helpful. Indeed Jupiter is separating from an opposition with Saturn, the ingress into Aries, shows indicates a loss of strength by Jupiter.

Mercury is applying to a trine to Saturn (12 minutes from perfection) and is applying to a square with Mars, which will be perfected after Mercury moves into Gemini. Mercury also has accidental debility from it's position on the cusp of the sixth house. Planetary strength and aspects of the two significators does not indicate a real will on either part to make the relationship a stronger one. Worse still, Mercury is separating from a sextile to Jupiter - it is literally moving away from a relationship.

Can the Moon come to the rescue, as it did in Nytebugg's horary? The Moon is in early Taurus and will make no major aspect to Jupiter whilst it is in Taurus. Although the Moon will eventually conjoin Mercury this will not occur till both planets have changed signs to Gemini. Moreover both Mercury and the Moon will aspect other planets before their conjunction (Mercury trines Saturn and the Moon conjoins Venus) - the aspects alone are very likely to prohibit the matter, the change of sign makes it all but certain.

From the Horary, I have to conclude that the chart does not offer much hope of things developing much beyond what they are now. I also did a double check by casting a chart for the time and place you posted your question - In that case the significators were Saturn and the Moon which were in close and applying opposition at the time. Lilly sees an opposition between significators as more or less ensuring the matter will not come to pass.

I'm sorry to be pessimistic but neither chart indicates the desired outcome.

Attachments

• Moonspirit.jpg
    Moonspirit.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 81

moonspirit

Minderwiz said:
The chart is cast for the hour of the Moon and has Sagittarius rising. Moonspirit is therefore signified by Jupiter, on the cusp of Aries. Lilly would be happy if Jupiter and the Moon have something in common - in the same triplicity for example. Jupiter rules Pisces, of the Water triplicity and the Moon rules Cancer also Water. Furthermore Jupiter is exalted in the Moon's sign of Cancer. The only consideration before judgement is that the Moon is slow.

P is signified by Mercury, which is also quite interesting, given the relationship through correspondence. Jupiter in Aries is in none of the dignities of Mercury, which is not a good indicator for a developing relationship, neither is Mercury in any dignity of Jupiter - what seems to be the case here is a platonic relationship of pen friends. Jupiter has only very moderate dignity through Terms. Mercury in Taurus is only slightly stronger, but only because of mutual receptions with Mars and Saturn. Neither of these two are likely to be particularly helpful. Indeed Jupiter is separating from an opposition with Saturn, the ingress into Aries, shows indicates a loss of strength by Jupiter.

Mercury is applying to a trine to Saturn (12 minutes from perfection) and is applying to a square with Mars, which will be perfected after Mercury moves into Gemini. Mercury also has accidental debility from it's position on the cusp of the sixth house. Planetary strength and aspects of the two significators does not indicate a real will on either part to make the relationship a stronger one. Worse still, Mercury is separating from a sextile to Jupiter - it is literally moving away from a relationship.

Can the Moon come to the rescue, as it did in Nytebugg's horary? The Moon is in early Taurus and will make no major aspect to Jupiter whilst it is in Taurus. Although the Moon will eventually conjoin Mercury this will not occur till both planets have changed signs to Gemini. Moreover both Mercury and the Moon will aspect other planets before their conjunction (Mercury trines Saturn and the Moon conjoins Venus) - the aspects alone are very likely to prohibit the matter, the change of sign makes it all but certain.

From the Horary, I have to conclude that the chart does not offer much hope of things developing much beyond what they are now. I also did a double check by casting a chart for the time and place you posted your question - In that case the significators were Saturn and the Moon which were in close and applying opposition at the time. Lilly sees an opposition between significators as more or less ensuring the matter will not come to pass.

I'm sorry to be pessimistic but neither chart indicates the desired outcome.

This certainly does not sound too good. Right now it is definitely a "penpal" type of relationship. We have a lot in common but the problem is distance so I can understand nothing developing stronger. He is really wanting to give it a go though and seems to be a really sweet person. Interesting Mercury representing him since he has Moon and Mercury in Gemini. Well I'm hoping for the best either as friends or something more. Thanks for the reading! :heart:

Update
Hi Minderwiz

Wanted to give more feedback and let you know you were right on with this reading. It didn't amount to much after all. I had a career question I wanted to ask if you are still taking requests?

Minderwiz

Order of Business :)

I have two clear questions and a couple which I'm not sure about. I'll do the clear questions first and give the other two time to firm up their questions. So first up:

VenusRising
cutiecutie

the other two are:

margi said:
Hi Minderwiz!!

I would love a horary reading...just read in another thread you're taking sitters again, and to post in this thread.
My question would be about my family/finances for the rest of the year. My chart is posted in the thread above.
Thank You so much!!!
~margi

margi, what exactly is your question, is it simple 'improvement' or is there a more specific issue that concerns you - e.g. 'Can we afford a new car?' , or 'Can I still afford to pay the mortgage?'

and sapienza, who I know is in the process of refining her question.

I'll do those two as they come in.

Minderwiz

Question for VenusRising

I've been working on your chart and I've come up with something I need clarification on. How close is your relationship with your BF? Is this a fairly new relationship and you are in a settled relationship or is this a fairly new relationship - that will help me choose the right houses.

Also your question seems to carry the inference that you think your relationship with her is not going as well as you'd hoped. So does the question really boil down to asking are you right in your assumption.

margi

Hi Minderwiz,

Yes, just simply improvement. If that is too general, than will our finances and family life stabilize soon. Not looking at a new car, but would like to know if we will be more secure with what we have and need.
My chart's a piece of work, though!

Thank you so much!
~margi

VenusRising

Minderwiz said:
I've been working on your chart and I've come up with something I need clarification on. How close is your relationship with your BF? Is this a fairly new relationship and you are in a settled relationship or is this a fairly new relationship - that will help me choose the right houses.

Also your question seems to carry the inference that you think your relationship with her is not going as well as you'd hoped. So does the question really boil down to asking are you right in your assumption.
my bf and i have a very serious and stable relationsip for about two years now.
i think his mother likes me...my bf always says how much she likes me. but i am not sure if she is just being nice because i am with her son. my bf seems to be her favorite child.

Minderwiz

Thanks, that seems a definite first seventh relationship to me, which would mean that his mother is signified by the fourth house of the chart (tenth house - mother - from seventh house - bf.

Minderwiz

Reading for VenusRising

This is a question relating to the feelings of the mother of your boyfriend. The chart cast has Sagittarius rising, ruled by Jupiter. As the hour ruler is also Jupiter the chart is radical. There are no considerations before judgement.

You are signified by Jupiter, in the third House in Aries. Although Aries is a Fire sign, and Jupiter rules the Fire triplicity by night, the chart was cast just before sunset, so the Sun is still triplicity ruler (the Sun rules by Day). Jupiter does have some dignity through terms, but overall is not very strong.

The next issue is to find the significator of your boyfriend's mother. Two approaches to this are:

Firstly, that of John Frawley who would always use the seventh House for the other person unless they have some clearly stated role which takes them out of the seventh, such as a friend, brother or sister, parent or child. Here the relaionship is boyfriend's mother so the mother is not seventh House. Frawley would say that the boyfriend should be given the seventh, no matter how ephemeral the relationship. This would be the tenth house from the house of the boyfriend (seventh House) bringing us to the fourth House of the radical chart. The fourth House has Aries on the cusp, so it's ruler is Mars. The Seventh House has Gemini on the cusp and so he is signified by Mercury.

The second approach is that of Lee Lehman, who sometimes uses the fifth house for a romantic relationship, the deciding issue being not the length of time of the relationship but the feelings/attitudes of the couple. It's clear that you see this as a committed relationship so again the seventh would seem the appropriate House for your boyfriend, which also brings us to Mars as the significator of his mother.

However if HE thinks of the relationship in a different way, Lee might well use the fifth House for him, which would give us the radical second House as the house of his mother and Saturn as her significator.

Personally I'd go for the Frawley approach rather than Lehman's and as her first take would also use the seventh for the boyfriend I'll use that approach.

Her significator is therefore Mars, in the eighth House in Virgo, which is ruled by Mercury. We could judge her feelings and sympathies from the essential dignities of Mars' placement. Her main feelings are for Mercury, which we have seen is her son, and this seems to fit your description of her. Mercury is also exalted in Virgo, so she really adores him. The triplicity ruler is Venus, the Terms ruler is Mercury (again!) and the Face ruler is the Sun. Mercury rules three of the five essential dignities, so she really does almost worship him. The issue is who is Venus - Venus rules the MC and tenth House - which is the fourth House from the seventh and the opposite House to hers. This is the house of her partner and (usually) his father. If her partner is not his father, then it's her partner that has her affections, assuming she has one, otherwise it's his father.

The Sun rules Leo, intercepted in the eighth house - his house of possessions and income. This is the least important thing for her, and is probably simply a reflection of her wanting the best for him.

Do you (Jupiter) feature anywhere? Well Virgo is the detriment of Jupiter, so her feelings towards you are not positive. Given the strong feelings for her son, I'd guess she might see you as a threat and it's that that she doesn't like, not you as a person. Your task is therefore to show that you are not a threat, and that she's gaining a daughter, not losing a son.

Would there have been a different outcome if I'd used Saturn as her significator, following Lehman's second line of approach? Saturn is in Virgo!! The only difference would be that Saturn is in its own terms, and so she would have some feelings for herself and slightly less for her son (though still pretty overwhelming) and Saturn is in the Face of the Moon, which rules Cancer, the sign on the eighth cusp and his money and resources.

Whichever approach I use, I get virtually the same result. Even if I decide to use the Moon as her signifiator, being an older woman, I find the Moon in Gemini, ruled by Mercury and with Jupiter in detriment.

I think you already suspect that her feelings are hidden and not particularly positive - but I still think it's your role, not you that she doesn't like - any girlfriend would be viewed in the same way.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be any overt hostility, so there's still hope for improvement. Work on her and Good luck!

Attachments

• VenusRising Horary.jpg
    VenusRising Horary.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 82