Cleansing with sound energy

shelikes2read

The binaural beats thing is great, shelikes. I first experienced this years ago when didgeridoos of different keys were played together. Most perplexing and unusual feeling were didges close, but not perfectly matched. For example, I have an E flat perfect and an E flat +10. The slight difference in frequency feels wild!

Today I played a yirdaki in E, first didge playing in awhile. It's a heavy, rough thing machete hacked from eucalyptus (hollowed by termites) by a ceremonial player in North Arnhemland, Australia. Yirdaki is the real name for didges created by a certain group of Native Australians in that area.

This yirdaki has a solid, calm presence. When I first tried to play it years ago a weak hissing sound came out. I was trying to play it by blowing through my lips and it felt like a rock. The yirdaki was made and played by a master, so I knew to listen to it and trust. It smiled and said play with your body. When I held my attention on my diaphragm, exhaling and not worrying about my lips, the yirdaki growled beautifully. What power and ease! Eventually I learned to focus on my neck. All my didge playing received a huge boost!

I shared all this because I've found the presence of those clearing and everyone/thing else involved can be as important as the sound vibrations. When I first experienced a healing blow from two didge players here in town, I knew I had to add didges to my healing skills. I felt the didge spirits with us. They told me they are present whenever a didge is played, anywhere. (Not only this particular planet. Too much information?) This has proven true over the years. Cultural traditions belong to the culture, but the instrument--in this case didgeridoos--can be used with sacred intent by anybody.

When I went to play Garr (meaning Spider, the name it likes) again, I got a few weird sounds, then the deep, rumbling growl so characteristic of this style "hollow tree." It's an E, but it sounds much deeper with the harmonics its heavy body creates. I played some traditional-style sounds for my pup, who LOVED it! Sully loved standing there cocking his head this way and that, sniffing. I stopped to talk through the 'daki now and then and when Sully wandered off, my howling brought him back. :) Then I explored playing with the harmonics of the drone and my voice. Surprising effects come from matching one's voice to the key of a didge, then going a little higher or lower, that same binaural beat thing!

My body relaxed the moment the yirdaki began vibrating, as did Sully, Chairman Meow the cat and everybody else. Stones love sitting at the end of a didge, and often will send energy back up the didge--you can feel the pressure as you play--making circular breathing easier! That's the latest clearing with sound experience here. Thanks for keeping this going shelikes.

It's indicative of the amount of attention I give to Facebook, that I read your post and reflexively started looking for a LIKE button to click. Well, forums don't have such things, so I'll write it: LIKE LIKE LIKE! :)

The same ebay seller that has quartz tuning forks also has quartz crystal didgeridoos. They're pretty, but there is likely to be some sticker shock involved. ;) On the other hand, there's probably a lot of work involved in fabricating these quartz items, as they are BIG. A search for didgeridoos in general brought up an interesting-looking "travel" didgeridoo that is a spiral, rather than straight, along with the regular-shaped ones (some of which have amazing decorative art on them).

I"m fascinated by the concept of using musical instruments, not just tone-producing instruments, with healing in mind. I"m also interested in how our four-footed critters respond to different instruments. I've had cats who've liked my guitar, and one cat who exited the room when the violin case came out (and nearly had a fit when my friend brought over her clarinet). There are surely harmonics above and below the human range of hearing, that our pets are able to pick up on. Plus, I am 100% convinced that they perceive our intent, as well, so when we break out the HEALING intent, here come the critters. :)

shelikes2read

Oh, and I saw the cutest little TEENY TINY singing bowls this afternoon in a local metaphysical shop. They were widdle bitty not-quite-palm-sized ones. I was working with a limited budget, though, and there was a book I liked as well, so I got the book instead and made a mental note about the singing bowls.

stonesatiety

Glad you enjoyed the input. I wasn't sure whether the didge stuff would fit in, but after our play session, I had to share!

The only crystal didge I've seen (and played) was created with guidance from the Crystal Divas by some friiends, same friends who first created their Deva's Gift quartz crystal bowls, again with spirit guidance. The process of hand blowing glass made from quartz crystal is quite expensive, especially the way specified by the Divas for joining the handle and bowl area. My friends even stopped offering their bowls for awhile--they don't make much on a bowl--but the demand was great and they went back into production. I got one of the bowls years ago and lost my desire for other bowls. It's magical! I trusted my friend to send the one that said it was for me, and it was! Pure yum. Whew. The crystal didges actually sound deep and full, and can now be had coated in gold or platinum, which lowers the pitch considerably. Very nice sound and feel. They are pricey! The travel didges actually sound good, if the maker knows what they are doing. My didges are wood other than the piece of PVC pipe I learned on. :)

In the realm of non-tone producing instruments, I've used my West African djembe drums for clearing and healing too. A drum actually has pitch, but most people don't notice. Congas are tuned to each other, but djembes are tuned to the correct head tightness. I so love the complex rhythms that always make me feel like dancing. If that's not evidence of powerful clearing/healing, I'm not sure what is! Both playing and listening effects me that way. If I had known of the Mandengue tradition in high school, I surely would have become a drummer.

Animals! My last cat buddy loved to listen to my drumming and didging. I would play more quietly, but she was fine with occasional rocking out. My teacher had a dog who always accompanied him to drumming and dancing sessions whenever possible. He named the dog after a favorite rhythm. My Akita pup Sully so far loves music. In fact he prefers going "bye bye car car" to rock and roll radio. ha! On the other hand, Chairman Meow has some things he's not quite ready to release, so he trots away when I bring out a particular crystal (a chatty Cathy stone few seem able to resist) and at times the didge. Same as your guitar-avoiding cat! I keep an eye on the furry ones, because they tell us right away how they feel, which always holds a reflection of some sort for me.

shelikes2read

I have been working hard lately learning about binaural, monaural, and isochronic tones. Binaural tones require the use of headphones, while monaural and isochronic tones do not. There seems to be some research that points to getting better "frequency following response", where the brain's own waves start to mimic the frequency of the sounds we are hearing, from the brain with monaural and isochronic tones.

Frequency following response works better when the tones are close to the frequency our brain is already producing. Therefore, I have tried an experiment.

I have created an isochronic file with Chakra balancing tones. It starts with a Beta frequency, the frequency of our awake and alert state. The frequency gradually drops down to Alpha frequency, which matches our brainwaves during meditation and relaxation. It stays there for several minutes, then gradually increases back to Beta frequency to help us resume our alert state.

Here is the file. Please give it a listen and let me know your results. It lasts 15 minutes.

While you will not need headphones to benefit from the isochronic beats, you WILL most likely need headphones to hear some of the lower-pitched tones, which computer speakers do not properly produce.

https://soundcloud.com/gabey-momo/isochronicchakrabetaalpha

stonesatiety

Hi shelikes. I have to borrow time on another computer to try your link. I look forward to it!

A few days ago I had the same yirdaki sitting next to my computer chair and Sully the young dog came beside me, sniffed at the 'daki, looked at me, then back. A didging request! He looked at the end of the 'daki, cocking his head this way and that in anticipation, as he does now. When I started playing, Sully relaxed beside it with a favorite toy. :)

One thing that came to mind on how we respond. A didge vibrates the entire area, so our bodies dance to the bone with the complex vibrations. As I think I mentioned somewhere, a few people don't care for didge sound/vibration, but the majority seem to enjoy it.

stonesatiety

An update on yirdaki dog. I brought the yirdaki out to play and lie on the couch during the day. Sully, who was lying on the fireplace tiles, his favorite place, looked at the yirdaki, looked at me and started short, quiet whines, what he does when he wants something. ha! A strong play request. When I started playing, he stretched and rolled around on the tile. Sully totally digs the deep earth vibrations! Who better than a tree--link between earth and sky--and a human--similar in so many ways to a tree--to broadcast the love of deep, deep earth dwellers? ha!

shelikes2read

I love that Sully enjoys yirdaki music so much. It's great when the fur-kids respond to the same beneficial energies we are attuned to. It's not just sound, either -- I've read about people's cats lying down right on a Tarot spread, or on a crystal display.

I know when I see an animal respond to any such energy-producing activity (card reading, crystal use, sound cleansing, etc.), I definitely sit up and take note, and feel like I"m doing something right. :)

shelikes2read

Dr. Oz picks up on sonic therapy. Here are some videos from his TV show.

I just got the book from Dr. Mitch Gaynor (the interviewee), but haven't read it yet.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/sonic-therapy-future-medicine-pt-1
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/sonic-therapy-future-medicine-pt-2
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/sonic-therapy-future-medicine-pt-3
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/sonic-therapy-future-medicine-pt-4

Here is the playlist of the actual sounds being referenced in these videos. Binaural Trinity was prescribed to relieve stress-induced food cravings; Delta Bliss was to relieve insomnia; Gamma Waves were to improve memory and relieve absent-mindness; Harmonic Symphony was to relieve migraines.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/crystal-sonic-therapy-playlist

stonesatiety

Dr. Andrew Weil created a cd called Sound Body Sound Mind, Music for Healing, published in in 1997 by Upaya. It's a amazing how it relaxes you and takes you deeeeep into sleep, then brings you back out. They used classical musicians for it, which was a challenge given the length of some of the sounds needed. I highly recommend this for anybody interested in sound healing.

shelikes2read

I think I'll look him up on Spotify. I highly recommend Spotify as a place to track down albums from artists you are interested in. I am probably a bit late to the party, as Spotify was available in Europe for years before it became available in the USA. But I've found some albums on there that I don't own, but would very much LIKE to own now that I've heard them.

In other news, I haven't been on this thread nor the Fluorite thread in several days, but I still am wearing/carrying the pair of Fluorite cabochons on my person daily. Today, I had a bit of a nerve-wracking morning. My dog had a sudden bout of digestive upset that caused me to have to wash her dog bed and blankie, which was not something I'd expected to be doing this morning. She's fine now, thank goodness, but my concern for her and the need to wash everything ASAP had my nerves on edge earlier today.

It seems like I have become more aware of what kinds of energy I am giving off when I am in a frazzled state. And today, after all the chaos, when I tuned in to the Fluorites, they in no uncertain terms gave me the vibe that they wanted a cleansing, immediately if not sooner. Unfortunately, I haven't got the time to sit down with the tuning forks until later today, if at all. So I am relying for the moment on the quick DIY method: I put the stones in my wrist wallet along with the business end of my earbuds, and I am playing back the 15-minute sound tones file that I listed earlier in this thread. That should improve the energies of the stones.

Mind you, MY energies probably could use a smoothing-out, too, after this morning. So later, I'll see if I can block out some free time to commune with the tuning forks. :)

P. S. Fortunately, the DOG'S energies are just great. She has forgotten all about her little mishap, and is now curled up in a little ball of cuteness on the loveseat, having a nap. :)