RWS symbols...more

Teheuti

Rosanne said:
Can anyone discern what is hanging from the left hand sleeve of the Queen of Swords?

Rosanne, the bracelets on both hands are Victorian mourning bracelets - usually incorporating the hair of the deceased. It is part of what identifies her as a widow. However, I still like the idea of a cut rope or chain.

Mary

Rosanne

Teheuti said:
the bracelets on both hands are Victorian mourning bracelets.
Yay even better! Thanks Mary, they did look like charms to me, but clones have them as tassels.
I found some information- Departed husband Left hand- children right hand. It is interesting that there appears to be two charms on the right wrist. I wonder did Queen Victoria grieve for Children- I know she mourned Albert~Rosanne

Teheuti

Rosanne said:
Yay even better! Thanks Mary, they did look like charms to me, but clones have them as tassels.
I found some information- Departed husband Left hand- children right hand. It is interesting that there appears to be two charms on the right wrist. I wonder did Queen Victoria grieve for Children- I know she mourned Albert~Rosanne
I always thought they were tassels. Interesting that the hands have different significances. Am not sure how many of her children died before she did.

Mary

ArcanoMáximo

another question

why the horse of the 6 of Wands is the only one with no hair?
That was the usual when in a parade of victory?
hmmm...

Fulgour

Neither hair nor there...

ArcanoMáximo said:
why the horse of the 6 of Wands is the only one with no hair?
That was the usual when in a parade of victory?
hmmm...
I think you'd have to ask the Horse, of course!

Attachments

• VI of Wands with Pantomime Horse.JPG
    VI of Wands with Pantomime Horse.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 123

ArcanoMáximo

:D :D :D :D
hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....
you rock Fulgour!
At least it has good legs, a thing that i can't see at all in the 6!
Thanks by this special information!
LOL!