Life's a stage

re-pete-a

Seeing we're all here to grow,with help from other growers, we're going to expose a side of ourselves that may take a bit to digest,.We've hit a point in our viewpoints where we're sure that all that happens in front of us is to check how we're going.Is our mood meter still swinging violently ,or become just a twitch.The more we tap dance on stage to our ego's tunes the more entangled we become,stepping back and watching this stagework allows the mood meter to flicker to and fro,.......perhaps that's why at this point ,the stage has become noticed by us, perhaps more unfolds in these tarot as we grow and learn by experience, we're a great believer in the fools way,read,ponder,(not think over) allow space and trust in spirit that understanding will come.It can hurt,but only for a short while as our mood meter readjusts..........................Moderator, if this is inappropriate,please delete..........
________
INTERRACIAL CHINESE

Teheuti

In an article for _The Craftsman_ magazine, Pixie Smith wrote regarding her work as an artist: “The stage has taught me almost all I know of clothes, of action and of pictorial gestures.”

Sometimes I try to imagine a card as if a theatre curtain were rising and for a moment I just take in the actors as they are blocked on the set. It's a tableau that's supposed to give me my first impression of the psychological states and interactions of the characters. I think all the Minor Arcana number cards can be looked at this way - at least on one level.

Mary

Rosanne

There is the view that these 'stage cards' have a special meaning. There are some threads about it- but basically the stage cards are
Swords 2-5-7-9
Wands 2-4-9-10
Pentacles 2-4-6-8
Cups 2-5-8-10
They are considered more symbolic than the non stage cards- or particular stages as you go through life- what you must do or not do for you to progress or grow. The non stage cards are situations that come up from your attitude shown in the stage cards.
Example: 8 Pentacles shows if you are persistent and consistent- this will bring material and spiritual growth. I like Mary's idea of a freeze frame when the curtain comes up!
~Rosanne

GenoviaJ

Are we talking about stage as in stages of development or stage as in theater?

Rosanne

I was talking about the RWS cards that actually look the figures are on a stage.
(in a theatre)
~Rosanne

re-pete-a

Instincts are one thing,inspiration another,we seem to have an abundance of the other ...Thats why we evolve and not remain the same as .Which brings me back to the original starter,and you all have helped,perhaps we see more,the more we evolve, within the cards.WE mean arn't the pictures supposed to open our minds to intuition..Also another point concerning stages ,encouraged by ROSANNE's thoughts ,that perhaps the MAJOR's have the same theme ,STAGES of attainment eg;2,4,5,11,???
________
RITALIN REHAB ADVICE

re-pete-a

we've just had another probable, it could be the "stages" of life one goes through....stages of dementia,we're repeating ourselves here,pretend this isn't here!
________
ESSENTIAL VAAAPP VAPORIZER

Parzival

Life's A Stage

Teheuti said:
In an article for _The Craftsman_ magazine, Pixie Smith wrote regarding her work as an artist: “The stage has taught me almost all I know of clothes, of action and of pictorial gestures.”

Sometimes I try to imagine a card as if a theatre curtain were rising and for a moment I just take in the actors as they are blocked on the set. It's a tableau that's supposed to give me my first impression of the psychological states and interactions of the characters. I think all the Minor Arcana number cards can be looked at this way - at least on one level.

Mary

Maybe all the arcana are actors on stage, which makes us the audience watching a great mystery drama. If we identify sympathetically and with understanding with the characters, we experience Katharsis -- our own personal worries and woes are purged and we realize our Higher Selves, the Actors who we truly are.

re-pete-a

Frank,,,thanks for that snippet,that may help clear up some doubts that life is a stage.It certainly clears up why Pixie uses it,first impressions usually end up proving themselves over time,whether we like it or not.we're free to choose.
________
ELWOOD ENGEL