Lumina Tarot

Scarlet Woodland

Yes, the deck is full of white, skinny, "beautiful" patrons and could use some diversity but I like to think of the patrons as from another world and somehow this works for me! I think this may be partly because this deck lets my jump into a "reality" that I usually try to steer clear of in my own life. The pressure to conform, wear makeup, be skinny, to present and pretend... the list goes on.

In my head I like to think of them meeting up with the patrons from my Gaian tarot deck and I just have so much fun.. because both of these decks represent their own niche of people from different "bubble" worlds and it is okay to visit and play..

I've chosen to see the people in this deck as otherworldly too which is working out well. Decided to view them variously as fey, archetypal or occasionally ironic ;)

Am glad to have found a way to experience this deck that works for me, as I really do like it and the lady I've spoken to at inner hue is beyond lovely.

MissChiff

I received this deck but have not worked with it in fact it will probably be after the new year. I do like the images.

Madrigal

Mine arrived last week. Did an initial flip-through. Some of the images are stellar, and others kind of meh. Pips are somewhat unillustrated. I have yet to work with it. It's not really similar to the WU apart from the medium used. The vibe is quite different. Initial impression is that the WU has more gravitas to it but that's being said without having worked with the Lumina so take it with a grain of salt. It's really quite beautiful. Instagram has lots of pics of it in use.

rylla

When those of you who received the deck get a chance to work with it pls share how it works for reading. Is it that effective like the WU? I'm on an edge here. I like WU, a like most of the pictures I've seen but, shipping included, it is not an inexpensive deck. So I'd like to make an educated choice :) (if this is even possible when you are crazy about tarot decks and art). Thanks.

illyria

This deck has an intriguing combination of styles and focal points as a whole, rylla. Geometry, nature scenes, animals, humans. Like Madrigal, I found some cards truly inspired, and the others, just alright. I was surprised that I loved so many of the pips! I have to admit that I had to get used to the artwork with people in them; they looked like they were sourced from all sorts of realms, real and imagined. Nomads, nymphs, tribal elders, flower children, men in suits--that kind of deal. Jarring, though not enough to be off-putting for me personally.

I can say that the Lumina is VERY different from TWU. There are aesthetic similarities, but the context couldn't be more divergent. They each speak their own unique language. TWU is deep and still and ageless, an internal dialogue. The Lumina is youthful and kinetic, outdoor conversations that buzz all around you, yet you can somehow piece them together for them to make sense.

rylla

This deck has an intriguing combination of styles and focal points as a whole, rylla. Geometry, nature scenes, animals, humans. Like Madrigal, I found some cards truly inspired, and the others, just alright. I was surprised that I loved so many of the pips! I have to admit that I had to get used to the artwork with people in them; they looked like they were sourced from all sorts of realms, real and imagined. Nomads, nymphs, tribal elders, flower children, men in suits--that kind of deal. Jarring, though not enough to be off-putting for me personally.

I can say that the Lumina is VERY different from TWU. There are aesthetic similarities, but the context couldn't be more divergent. They each speak their own unique language. TWU is deep and still and ageless, an internal dialogue. The Lumina is youthful and kinetic, outdoor conversations that buzz all around you, yet you can somehow piece them together for them to make sense.

How well put! One gets the essence of these 2 decks just from your description. Thank you very much illyria! Glad to hear that they are both unique in their own way. (I have to confess I could not resist and ordered this deck :) )

illyria

How well put! One gets the essence of these 2 decks just from your description. Thank you very much illyria! Glad to hear that they are both unique in their own way. (I have to confess I could not resist and ordered this deck :) )

Yay! I hope you enjoy it! :) I really only just got mine last December (shipping took a while), so I'm sure I'll discover things about this deck that'll surprise me over time.

Mariqueen

The Hierophant looks like Charles Manson.
Magician reminds me of Jesus.
Some cards I like others not so much.
I have the oracle and I like that a lot...there are no people in it...

Flipped through a lot of the cards...

Female Courts are fab...a lot of the pips could be considered unillustrated...

Justice :heart: Fool :heart: Hierophant :heart:

Six of Pents brilliant! Five of Cups :heart: Knight of Wands :heart: King of Pents yes! Ten of Swords brilliant! Five of Wands!!! Emperor meh, Magician=Jesus, Star meh.

There is enough creativity here for me to put this into the cart.

Where are you guys getting the magician looks like jesus? The magician looks young and hot, not two adjectives I correlate with jesus...................

Melia

I've just purchased the Lumina Tarot and eagerly await its arrival.

I've been absent from this forum for a long while for personal family reasons, so I'm only now reading up about decks that have been released in the last year and half. This is the first tarot deck I've bought in a very, very long time.

The hierophant/Jimmy Manson card is just wow ... wow. The mirror imagery on the high priestess card is simply clever. The dragonfly symbol is very special to me, so the 3 cups is just incredibly joyous to me. The Queen of Swords is always a card I look at in any tarot deck before deciding whether to purchase it or not. It's interesting the sword in this QoS is quite prominent offset against her physical size (in comparison to the KoS ... which is interesting in it's own right ... he is seated, feet on the ground, holding 2 swords showing balance). ... There are so many card images I love that resonate with me so strongly, and so very few that don't.

The comparisons with the Wild Unknown are not unexpected, but this deck is more humanised and feels a lot warmer and much more engaging to me. ... illuminated ...

The astrological symbols on the majors is a big plus for me, as astrology is something I use extensively. I also appreciate that the majors are not numbered, so the strength card isn't locked in to either 8 or 11 in the deck (strength is 11 for me). The only drawback for me at this point, without having the deck in my hand, is that card stock appears to be very thick, but I'm sure I can live with this.

This is just a beautiful deck that ticks a lot of boxes for me.

P.S. I don't see a resemblance with Jesus in the Magician card at all. ... and thank you to those who have uploaded videos online reviewing this deck - they are so useful and I can't thank you enough!

Farzon

Just discovered this thread today... I feel not sure if I should get this one yet. I love the style - a bit like the Wild Unknown but much smoother. Judging from the pictures I've seen, I think it doesn't share the WU's raw power. For those of you who have them both, how do you feel about that?