Spread for examining close platonic bond?

practical magic

I am grieving the loss of a friend, and slowly coming back to my tarot practice. I want to thank the one friend who allows me to speak freely about my grief, honours my process, and is basically in the trenches with me, with a spread honoring our unique friendship that developed quickly a couple of years ago, is weatherproof and has really stood the test of time, but despite owning just about every book ever written about or containing tarot spreads, and spending hours browsing the forum, I've not found anything that quite meets my needs and I'm not very skilled at creating my own. Any ideas for a 3-7 card spread that will do this?

Hemera

Have you checked the Relationships page (#6) in our Tarot Spreads Index? There are some spreads under "Love & Romance" that could equally well be used for special friendships. Instead of creating a whole new spread you could always just modify an existing one.

Luna's Crone

great idea

especially for a platonic friend, because they are serious and very real relationships. eveyone laughs at bromance or chic-manse (guess that is what you would call it), but a love bond spread with some tweaking would probably be the best things ever. the love and everything is already there.

Once again Great Idea Hemera!!!!

sheese makes me wanna cry because that like the best thing ever. really silly. can't blame it on hormones cuz i am out of those.

Luna's Crone

I am grieving the loss of a friend, and slowly coming back to my tarot practice. I want to thank the one friend who allows me to speak freely about my grief, honours my process, and is basically in the trenches with me, with a spread honoring our unique friendship that developed quickly a couple of years ago, is weatherproof and has really stood the test of time, but despite owning just about every book ever written about or containing tarot spreads, and spending hours browsing the forum, I've not found anything that quite meets my needs and I'm not very skilled at creating my own. Any ideas for a 3-7 card spread that will do this?

I am so sorry for you loss. The emptiness can be just an awful feeling. I am glad that someone was there for you. It helps you from leaning to far into that hole. And I am glad you are working on a spread for your friend. That is so very very special.