The Wild Unknown Tarot - II Cups

Sulis

Against a dark background are 2 crystal glasses. Leaning against each glass so that the stems meet and cross are 2 red roses.

Cups are about emotions and feelings, 2s are about choices, balance and things meeting and coming together.
This is a really straight-forward card - an emotional choice, a choice that involves the feelings, a meeting or coming together on an emotional level, balancing the emotions or feelings.
Roses are the flowers of love and this card looks like it shows the aftermath or a romantic dinner, it has that St Valentine's day feel to me.

Can anyone see anything else in this card?

Attachments

• 2 Cups.jpg
    2 Cups.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,876

Starshower

I think you've described & interpreted this card perfectly, Sulis. :)

The only thing I can possibly dream up to add is that the glasses don't look transparent, like crystal ones would. They are opaque goblets, only showing the top surface of their contents ... just as, at the beginning of a relationship / partnership / friendship, we can't yet see all of the emotions etc involved. Not even our own!

I love how the rose stems are in front of / behind the 2 glasses ... in similar, but complementary poses. :heart:

Sulis

The only thing I can possibly dream up to add is that the glasses don't look transparent, like crystal ones would. They are opaque goblets, only showing the top surface of their contents ... just as, at the beginning of a relationship / partnership / friendship, we can't yet see all of the emotions etc involved. Not even our own!

I love how the rose stems are in front of / behind the 2 glasses ... in similar, but complementary poses. :heart:

Wow Starshower, thanks for this.. I like the way you've linked the glasses only showing the top surface of their contents with relationship beginnings.. That's how I see the 2 too :).. It comes straight after the Ace so it's the pause when we decide what to do with that energy (linked numerically to The High Priestess, Judgement and Strength), the relationship, if that's what it's to become is in it's very early stages..

Nice - thanks :).

crystalwings

:

Wow I like this Starshower :)

To the back of this card the bottom is intensely black. As we pass the glasses/goblets at about half way up the card, flickers of white light come from the top of the card in diagonal directions from left and right to the top of the glasses/goblets, penetrating and dispersing the darkness and causing movement… Black is in the shadows hidden for view, so in this context I see the back as hidden, secretive, unknown emotions and feelings, hiding vulnerabilities and insecurities. It could also mean hiding information. While black hides white brings to light, white is the colour of wiping the slate clean, it opens the way for a new beginning, purity, and innocence.
The word 'Rose' can be rearranged to spell the name 'Eros' - the god of love.
Two roses together signify a commitment or engagement. I didn’t notice any thorns on these roses, a rose without thorn means you don’t have to fear the giver or it could indicate love at first sight. A rose with leaves invites hope. The rosebud specifies the innocence of a budding love, while a rose in bloom states I love you. Spiritually roses mean passion and sacrifice.

Erizae

What I can see are two rose-buds, emphasis on buds. It could mean that at the start of relationships, we still have some things to hide, and we may not have opened up fully to each other yet.

Also, the roses have been stripped of their thorns. I can't come up with an interpretation for that though. :/

Lastly, what holds my attention is how the roses are propped up. The roses are standing by relying entirely on the cups between them. I see it as romance needing emotions for the relationship to flourish and thrive, but move one of the cups in a misunderstanding or quarrel and there's a chance the roses may fall over..

I love how the roses are propped against each other though.. it gives me an impression of comfort and contentment in each other's presence :)

Esskay

Lastly, what holds my attention is how the roses are propped up. The roses are standing by relying entirely on the cups between them. I see it as romance needing emotions for the relationship to flourish and thrive, but move one of the cups in a misunderstanding or quarrel and there's a chance the roses may fall over..

I love how the roses are propped against each other though.. it gives me an impression of comfort and contentment in each other's presence :)

I agree - the fact they are not symmetrical, but perfectly balanced means it's their leverage that keeps them both up. They wouldn't be able to stand alone. As they are facing in opposite directions with the energy behind them heading off - harmoniously - in different directions too, I think this speaks of interdependence. They support one another. They work well together. But they are not exactly the same, and they come from different directions and are looking in different directions.