Psychic Fair - any advice?

psychic sue

Woo Hoo! (Homer Simpson stylee!).

I am doing a psychic fair on July 21st at The Station Hotel in Dudley (which I think is haunted isn't it?).

Anyway although I have loads of tarot experience, I have never done one of these fair before. Anyone got any tips?

Knight of Wands

No advice, but good luck :D

michmm

Wish you all the best, sue... never done anything like that, so can't really give you any advice!
But my good wishes are with you!
love n hugs
mich

Lula Jing

I have only ever been the querent at that type of event... so don't have any tips but good luck!! Will you be recording the readings?? I know I always like to have them taped so I can listen to it again later. It's easy to miss things and there is always some 'background babble' that can be distracting at times!!

You are so brave!! I hope it goes really well for you. :D I'm sure you will be great and will have a fantastic time. Bet the time goes really fast... remember to take your water and get a break in if you can!!

Oops... I thought I didn't have any tips!! :laugh:

What deck(s) will you be reading with??

Chronata

When I did Psychic fairs...the best things to bring were...

Alternate decks (a few oracles as well as other decks I like for specific purposes and ages)

Water. Lots of bottled water!

Pen and paper for the client to take notes

Business cards...or flyers or something with your contact info

A comfy seat cusion (I needed it for the small of my back...as hours got very long, and I didn't get much chance to stand or walk around!

A guest book( my most invaluable tool for these shows! I would get addresses, e-mail and birthdays of the people I read for, and then do little follow ups later, when my business was slow. Sending little one card readings on their birthdays...almost always got a response...and further business!)

Good Luck with the fair, Sue! They can be really fun...really draining...really boring or really crazy...and you just never know until the time!

Lillie

Good luck with it, Sue!

The Station Hotel is haunted, they had it on 'Most Haunted'. It was the one where the bed moved on the locked off camera.

I used to live round that way. My mate said she had seen a ghost at the castle/zoo. So, I guess it's one of them towns with many ghosts!

let us know how you get on!

psychic sue

Thanks for the tips and well-wishes! I will definitely take a guest book! Great idea!

I will be taking:

Rider Waite
Morgan Greer
Druidcraft
Robin Wood

The Promoter said he would lend me a huge piece of velvet to cover the table - then I will take my own purple velvet spread cloth to put on top. I will also display my crystal ball and lay out a couple of spreads with a couple of the decks. Then people can choose which one they want. The promoter is printing me some fliers, but I might make a few business cards too. He also advised me to take a table lamp.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Love

Sue x

PS _ I have never been to anywhere "haunted" before (apart from my house!) so it will be interesting to see if I "see" anyone.

Lula Jing

I've got a really good feeling for you Sue... I thought you might take your Druidcraft... don't really know why. :)

You will look quite the picture with your crystal ball and table lamp... LOL

I saw the MH episode too... so I'm sure there'll be a few spirits poking their noses in...

Netzach

Make sure you have a large clear notice on your table saying what your charges are. I think a lot of people are put off from requesting readings because they don't want to ask how much it costs and then find that it's more than they want to pay.

Don't let anyone haggle over the price - if they want a reading, they pay the charge.

If it's a one-day fair, you might want to have an "introductory offer" of a reduced price in the first hour or two or, if it's a two day fair, for the first morning.

Don't give your clients blank sheets of paper to take their notes on. Print it up before you go with your name and contact details. They will probably chuck out or lose your cards and fliers - but they'll keep their notes.

Wear something comfortable - ideally layers so you can adapt according to how hot or cold it is. I've done book fairs in the middle of summer where it's been freezing because of the air conditioning.

Have an appointments sheet so that people can sign up for a reading even if you're busy with another client.