Thelema, OTO, Golden Dawn...

sweet_intuition

Hey ravenest

Thank you so much for sharing your views and experiences. It was really interesting to read what you shared, and I must say, It's given me a whole different outlook of all the pre-conceived notions and ideas i had about the O.T.O.

Thank you

isthmus nekoi

This is my personal opinion, but if one is to make the most of joining a magickal order, a self initiating and highly disciplined personality is best. I think if one is primarily interested in networking, making new friends etc. then one can do that elsewhere more easily. Like being on ATF :p

A freemason once told me that the structure of the society was like an aircraft. Most freemasons go inside, admire the cockpit and the cabin, and have no clue that this thing can be airborne.

And thanks for the detailed post, ravenest!

[edit] by self initiating, I meant that you tend to motivate yourself, not that you initiate yourself into an order!

ravenest

isthmus nekoi said:
A freemason once told me that the structure of the society was like an aircraft. Most freemasons go inside, admire the cockpit and the cabin, and have no clue that this thing can be airborne.

That quote is brilliant! Its going in my memory .

One of the things I got from the OTO, and I believe AC believed the same is that that quote applies equally to ourselves, i.e. we are full of unrealised potential ... if only we could tap into it, for me, this is a BIG part of Crowley's system.

ravenest

Wrong Crowley mate!

Lillie

ravenest said:
That quote is brilliant! Its going in my memory .

One of the things I got from the OTO, and I believe AC believed the same is that that quote applies equally to ourselves, i.e. we are full of unrealised potential ... if only we could tap into it, for me, this is a BIG part of Crowley's system.

The world is full of sleeping people...