Reader Personality Poll Spread

yirabeth

I think you're interpretation is great! I would only add that it's stage fright (Magician) that might keep you from sharing your goodies with others (Empress). Seems like you've got a lot of knowledge and intuition backing you though. :)

Ummmm...whatcha doin' hanging out in my head?! Get outta my head girlie!! :laugh:

Yes. Stage fright. I haz it.... *sigh* I'm working on it though:) It is my ultimate goal to read professionally, not now but in the future. When I'm like, really good ya know... :p

Chiska, maybe that's possible! I know I used my main squeeze for this little reading (Shadowscapes) but for instance, I've done readings with my Hoi Polloi and they're just harsh harsh harsh! It's a struggle to put what needs to be said in a nurturing and encouraging way rather than "hey you dimwit, look what you're doing to yourself.." LOL

So I don't like to use it a lot. Which is weird because I just LOVE the deck for *me* -- go figure...LOL

PathWalker

Just a start-up post - I'll come back to it later but this loks intruiging:

Empress 8
The Magician 7
Hermit 27
High Priestess 11
Temperance 25 (she was the very last card in the pack!)

Amanda

High Priestess - 12
Magician - 5
Hermit - 2
Empress - 6
Temperance - 24

So...my primary reading style is Mystic? I read the description and while it hits on some areas, in most it does not. Especially the ones below.

I would say, that from seeing you around, the High Priestess might be your primary reading style because of balanced intuition and logic. And maybe, do you like to create moods, or be alone when you do your readings? Also, she has high ethics and a high moral code. I know you mention later also about different decks giving you different insights.. and that is backed up by Temperance having the most in that pile, as you suggest. For instance, the Magician was the very last in my draw but had the most cards, so I would say that while I am mostly a Healer (Empress) and that's what people get from me in readings, knowing my facts about tarot and presenting facts to create a solution is my biggest supporter to helping others heal. Whereas, Temperance as your last but biggest pile might suggest that you take your cue a little more from everything to give the best insight depending on what you think would work best for someone (Magician). Like, you might actually take more time considering what they need from you, as a reader, and adjust yourself accordingly... you know by choosing an appropriate deck, or what-have-you... whereas I might be more direct, based on what I know (Magician). And actually, because your Hermit is so low, it kind of counters those things you highlight about the High Priestess that don't make sense. I think that having a low Hermit (which I also had) might suggest that we don't see ourselves as experts, and therefore, are more cautious about how we guide our sitters... and shy away from any personal responsibility we might need to have to them in the small ways, like practicing more on guiding through personal examples that aren't conclusive, but still gives the sitter something to think about so they can come to their own conclusion... like perhaps, we are a little more closed off to our sitters, from them getting to know who we are and it's not so obvious how we are working our magic here. I hope what I'm saying makes sense, I'm kind of dancing around the Hermit thing myself I think because it's also my weaker area. LOL

What do you think?

Chiska

Chiska, maybe that's possible! I know I used my main squeeze for this little reading (Shadowscapes) but for instance, I've done readings with my Hoi Polloi and they're just harsh harsh harsh! It's a struggle to put what needs to be said in a nurturing and encouraging way rather than "hey you dimwit, look what you're doing to yourself.." LOL

So I don't like to use it a lot. Which is weird because I just LOVE the deck for *me* -- go figure...LOL

I used a deck I have used ONCE.

I should give it a try with Fantastic Menagerie, Mythic and Thoth.

Chiska

I would say, that from seeing you around, the High Priestess might be your primary reading style because of balanced intuition and logic. And maybe, do you like to create moods, or be alone when you do your readings? Also, she has high ethics and a high moral code. I know you mention later also about different decks giving you different insights.. and that is backed up by Temperance having the most in that pile, as you suggest. For instance, the Magician was the very last in my draw but had the most cards, so I would say that while I am mostly a Healer (Empress) and that's what people get from me in readings, knowing my facts about tarot and presenting facts to create a solution is my biggest supporter to helping others heal. Whereas, Temperance as your last but biggest pile might suggest that you take your cue a little more from everything to give the best insight depending on what you think would work best for someone (Magician). Like, you might actually take more time considering what they need from you, as a reader, and adjust yourself accordingly... you know by choosing an appropriate deck, or what-have-you... whereas I might be more direct, based on what I know (Magician). And actually, because your Hermit is so low, it kind of counters those things you highlight about the High Priestess that don't make sense. I think that having a low Hermit (which I also had) might suggest that we don't see ourselves as experts, and therefore, are more cautious about how we guide our sitters... and shy away from any personal responsibility we might need to have to them in the small ways, like practicing more on guiding through personal examples that aren't conclusive, but still gives the sitter something to think about so they can come to their own conclusion... like perhaps, we are a little more closed off to our sitters, from them getting to know who we are and it's not so obvious how we are working our magic here. I hope what I'm saying makes sense, I'm kind of dancing around the Hermit thing myself I think because it's also my weaker area. LOL

What do you think?

I think that you are a Healer. :D Every reading I've had from you or interpretation help (like now), has cleared the cobwebs, but has also left me with solutions that will improve things in the long run.

Your interpretation makes sense - I don't really put much stock in my ability to read the cards using time tested and honored interpretations. My obstinence comes out and I say, "Don't tell me what the 4 of Coins is supposed to mean!...I'll tell you what it is saying NOW."

I agree about the Hermit. I don't want to be a person's inner guide. But, often, I tap into depths that make me uncomfortable. Perhaps, because I am not a Healer, I don't know how to help a person feel better. The GOP (general operating procedures) for the cards usually place blame (Interpreter), but too often, I just see the conditions that created such a dark time for a person - no blame, it just is. And that might be a gentler description of the HP - seeing the secrets but not affixing blame. But not so simple as saying, "It is what it is, deal with it." That is fatalistic, and I don't subscribe to that. I am more of a "That was then, this is now," kind of person. Stuff happened in the past, but it is the NOW that is most important. The FUTURE is what you will make of it.

I was a bit put off by alot of what was quoted from the book. It was so much longer than the others and went into more detail about negative aspects. I was probably being overly sensitive!

((((( Amanda! )))))

Amanda

I was a bit put off by alot of what was quoted from the book. It was so much longer than the others and went into more detail about negative aspects. I was probably being overly sensitive!

((((( Amanda! )))))

No you're right, I think maybe the author has a bias because she's a licensed psychologist/health practitioner, and probably heavily cautions against the new-agey mumbo jumbo. LOL And I can agree with her there somewhat and understand why she might put more warning lables under that one. LOL

But I am right there with you, I was typing that one up thinking, "Sheesh, is this one ever going to end?!" :laugh:

Jes

Well it looks like you've got a more practical approach, since the Hermit came up as your primary and the Empress's stack is so high. Because the Empress is so high, I'd say you're primarily in it to help people (or yourself) and aren't shy at all about sharing your readings with others, and will help where you can. And I say 'where you can' because it seems that even though Temperance suggests the rest are in mostly good balance, your Magician and High Priestess are a little low, so it makes me think that you don't have as much knowledge about tarot in general that you could and maybe haven't gotten totally comfortable with using your intuition in conjunction with the knowledge you have. Are you fairly new to reading tarot cards?

Hi Amanda_04, thanks for taking a stabb at this. I have been milling it over a bit. i am not that new to tarot, I have been reading for 13 years now, but I suppose my approach to tarot has changed in the last few years. But still i woudn't consider myself new.

They way I am reading this is that My highest type is the Empress/healer. i think this is me and the way I read all over, plus having so many in the pile would indicate so to me. I agree that temperance suggests there is a good balance, BUT that the magician and high priestess are areas i need to work on bringing together instead of working on seperately.

Its interesting.

:)

alyna

after 2 = Empress
after 36 = Hermit
after 4 = temperance
after 0 = High Priestess
after 18 = The Magician

and this is 100% true in my case. I always question them back, tell them to do it on their own instead of waiting for someone else to do it. Some people tell me I'm like a proud father :D

and the empress as first shows my strong 4th house, my motherly instincts towards people , my ability to nurture and my chiron in Gemini.

I keep marvelling at how the tarot reflects our astrological charts, and its so good to know that I'm actually a strong papa-bear type of person :)

and I have 0 for the High Priestess. I think both Empress and High Priestess (my feminine sides) need more work.

Blessed_Rose

1. Teacher = Hermit
2. Interpreter = Magician
3. Healer = Empress
4. Mystic = High Priestess
5. Alchemist = Temperance

2- Magician (actually, as I was shuffling it fell out along with the Queen of Cups)
16- Temperance
16-The High Preistess
23- Emperess
18- The Hermit

with a few cards left over. Queen of Wands, Knight of Coins, and The Tower.
Not sure if that's good or not.

I do feel that I read what the card already there and applify that with what position the card is. I don't know though. I think I need to do more readings to understand this a bit better.

Zelmira

I love this idea and I just did the spread. I am kind of puzzled. With the Tarot of the 78 Doors I got:
13 The Empress
1 The Magician
3 The Hermit
3 Temperance
44 The High Priestess

My primary card is kind of high, but not as high as the last one. Does this mean I am more an intuitive reader with intention of helping others. As I understand it they complement each other.
Any comments? Thanks,
Zelmira