First Post! Q: Adding NEW cards to your personally designed deck?

anju

The reversal of this card is interesting to me because you're seeing a reflection of the card upright, as if you're watching something through a window, or as if you're experiencing something which is veiled or protected. I was looking at this upside down and I felt like my vantage point was underneath the water, looking up through it. This has a strange meaning to me but I'm not sure how to word it..

Ill post up my 'the Path' card soon, :) thanks for the kindness :)

MandMaud

It's gorgeous, Anju. Particularly, for me, the sky/cloud. My son and I have recently been talking about Pompeii as it happens...

ETA: I doubt you'll match your Garden though, for me at least. :)

Idea for a meditation card - do you mean a subject for the image?

Forest?

anju

Yeah exactly! My purpose in doing this is to help open pathways through the clutter of the mind to connect with deeper archetypes of the soul/spirit. I know I'm going to want to share this deck when it's complete, so I'm also open to sharing in the creation process. That way, for me, it's less about ego and more about connection, wisdom, good stuff like that :)

MandMaud

Idea for a meditation card - do you mean a subject for the image?

Forest?
When I typed it I didn't realise how invisible it would be in context! :laugh:
Is it an idea you like?

Thoughtful

My purpose in doing this is to help open pathways through the clutter of the mind to connect with deeper archetypes of the soul/spirit. I know I'm going to want to share this deck when it's complete, so I'm also open to sharing in the creation process. That way, for me, it's less about ego and more about connection, wisdom, good stuff like that :)

Love why you are doing this as you explain above. I have always been on the lookout for a tarot deck that does exactly that.
You say about sharing this deck when complete, hope you do, l would buy it immediately.

anju

Forest is close to a card I want to do based on Artemis and certain things that she represents, but I haven't dug deeply enough to know what I'm going to do exactly. You're mention of a forest card is confirmation that I should explore the idea more :)

TheStarsAndTheMoon

The path card looks fantastic! I'm lacking any ideas I could offer though. If I think of one I'll post it. :)

MandMaud

Forest is close to a card I want to do based on Artemis and certain things that she represents, but I haven't dug deeply enough to know what I'm going to do exactly. You're mention of a forest card is confirmation that I should explore the idea more :)

Wonderful. :) Can't wait.
How about baby?

Pam O

Welcome to AT! We are excited to have new members like you join in to the Aeclectic discussions! :thumbsup:

The Garden with thie moon refelection is so stunning!!!

Thanks for sharing your creations! (You might want to embed a copyright to protect aginst pirates... I know, it is sad but they are out there, and it looks like you have put a lot of time into your art!

I vote for the oracle deck in addition to your Tarot deck. There is a deck that popped into my head a believe you might want to check out. I believe it was published by Hay House. As a bonus, the box it comes in is super heavy duty, not one that deteriorates when you take the cards in and out like most other publishers! I will see if I can find it. It is one that I enjoy. <<<off to scout around>>> Oh look, I found it: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/earth-magic/

Tree? (Very different from "Forest"...)
And Canyon? Huge symbolism comes into play...
Crossroads? (Also different from "Path"!) Choices come into the picture here!
Then Mountain? That just came to mind too...

Various card combos could be very powerful if related cards are pulled in one spread!
Ex: "not seeing the forest for the trees" when it is time for someone is lost in details to step back, look from a far like a hawk or eagle to see the big picture.
My mind reels to see what others you are going to share with us! :)