Full moons

vision777

I notice there will be full moons at the begininng of the months ahead for next year. What can one expect if there is a full moon in the begining of the month? is there any thing different about that?

Rosanne

Hi Vision777- your question interested me from an Astronomy point of view; I guess you are asking from an Astrological view?
Full Moons in 2007
January 3rd
Full Wolf Moon
8:57 am
February 2nd
Full Snow Moon
12:45 am
March 3rd
Full Worm Moon
6:17 pm
April 2nd
Full Pink Moon
1:15 pm
May 2nd
Full Flower Moon
6:09 am
May 31st Full Blue Moon 9:04 pm
June 30th
Full Strawberry Moon
9:49 am
July 29th
Full Buck Moon
8:48 pm
August 28th
Full Sturgeon Moon
6:35 am
September 26th
Full Harvest Moon
3:45 pm
October 26th
Full Hunter's Moon
12:52 am
November 24th
Full Beaver Moon
9:30 am
December 23rd
Full Cold Moon
8:16 pm
This is from my Farmers Almanac for 2007 and I noticed that after May all the full Moons are at the end of the month. In June there are two full moons so the last one is a Blue Moon. So as I guess the Full Moons have 29.5 days between them maybe the same date will come up again every 13 or so years. I am rambling on in the hope that someone with Astrological leanings will answer your question :D ~Rosanne

dadsnook2000

For vision777

A new moon is just a convenient "marker point" of an ever-continuing, regular cycle of the Moon around our Earth. The point when/where a new moon occurs will only have significance, and may not be given significance, from an astrological point of view when it aspects the Sun (this may be an eclipse point if both Sun and Moon are near the same declination) or another planet or a point which an astrologer sees as being important -- a solstice or equinox point, the Moon's nodal axis, a prior eclipse point, etc.

Since Tropical and Sidereal Zodiac signs often occur at different times than the start of our calendar month, a new moon at the start of the month means nothing as a general rule. Dave

Rosanne

Yay Dave! Seasons greetings to you! Thanks for that clear answer that was intriguing me as well. ~Rosanne

vision777

dadsnook2000 said:
A new moon is just a convenient "marker point" of an ever-continuing, regular cycle of the Moon around our Earth. The point when/where a new moon occurs will only have significance, and may not be given significance, from an astrological point of view when it aspects the Sun (this may be an eclipse point if both Sun and Moon are near the same declination) or another planet or a point which an astrologer sees as being important -- a solstice or equinox point, the Moon's nodal axis, a prior eclipse point, etc.

Since Tropical and Sidereal Zodiac signs often occur at different times than the start of our calendar month, a new moon at the start of the month means nothing as a general rule. Dave
i said full moon not new moon

Barbaras Ahajusts

Full Moons

Full Moons always affect me. I have never noticed if they fall at the beginning of the month or not. Interesting. I guess it depends where my Sun is kicked back at. ;)

I will have to follow this one through.

Although, that full moon right before Christmas time 2007 is interesting. Maybe a bunch of babies being born if they are ripe at Christmas time??? :laugh:

Barb

dadsnook2000

Full, new, whatever

Full, new, whatever. Now, if you have a new moon or a full moon in your natal chart then you may be sensitive to a recurring event of the same nature even if it does not occur at a sensitive point in your chart. However, it will tend to be more significant if it occurs at a significant point in your chart.

By it self, it just is what it is. Dave

Sophie

I think there is a difference between the astrological significance of a full moon - Dadsnook has dealt with that - and the physical, psychological and religio-magical significance of the full moon. The moon influences the tides, the menses of women, how plants grow, the aches and pains of humans and animals - these are physical manifestations. Psychologically a full moon affects our moods and emotions - some people are more affected than others. There is a strong link between the moon and water, so it's no so strange that our emotions should be affected, after all. In many religions and in magic, the full moon has a great deal of importance - for fixing the calendar of rituals, for power (spells performed at the full moon have more power), as a symbolic fulfillment or manifestation.

dadsnook2000

For Helvetica

It is interesting when you find those people who are highly sensitive to the Moon and not to the Sun. Donna Cunningham wrote a book about being a Lunar person in a Solar world, I believe. For these sensitive Moon people, they will often react to the major Moon Phases no matter what they contact or don't contact in their chart.

For the rest of us, we tend to mostly respond when a Moon event contacts a sensitive point in our own chart. It is an interesting exercise to keep track, for a couple of months, the new Moon and full Moon position and where they occur in our chart. It can teach us a lot about how/when we tend to feel and react.

The last new Moon occurred on Dec. 20th right on my Descendant degree. This could suggest an opportunity to deal with others in a new or refreshed manner compared to my natal Moon's expression at the IC. By the time the Full Moon is reached the answer should be clear.
Dave

Tara2007

When it happens has not made a difference to me

vision777 said:
I notice there will be full moons at the begininng of the months ahead for next year. What can one expect if there is a full moon in the begining of the month? is there any thing different about that?

Astrologically what the full moon is in can make a difference in how it affects you. A full moon in Aries is a good time to put energy into new things, full moon in Gemini good for communication.....I have followed the full moon cycles for some time now - and astrologically speaking - it what sign the moon falls in that is the main subject. There are many many particulars surrounding what/where other planetary aspects affect your chart, but for me where the full moon "sits" that month is the most important.

However, to answer your question, I have been getting readings for years and have yet to find any significance to the full moon, or any cycle of it for that matter, being placed at the beginning of the month.

BUT...there could be a numerological link here....but that's another topic.