Anyplace on net to look up astro/career info?

seaweed

O.K., sorry if this sounds weird, but aside from Astro.com, can anyone think of a place where a person could plug in their natal data (or even a progressed chart) to get some career suggestions unique to the individual's chart? (Or does this only exist in a career report from someone like Liz Greene?)

Here's the story, I've been reading books, reading Astro.com's descriptions for general suggestions (scientist, polititian, visionary leader, research, archeologist, psychologist--actually tried out the last two,) but I don't see how these suggestions would apply to my life as it is now (a more than a bit gimpy and creatively tapped : ) I've just racked my brain for *so* long, perhaps I've lost perspective as to what would be a good fit, sustainable and make me happy. Happiness may seem like a luxury, but many years of varried & progressive illnesses make discovering & restocking happiness in my life essential. I crave something I can actually do, and believe in, whole-heartedly--a cause to nurture & invest in.

So, long story short, can anyone think of a good chart/career match-up site?

Thanks & much appreciation for your suggestions : )

Seaweed

dadsnook2000

Vocation is a complex subject

I didn't see your birth data listed so I can't offer any casual observations. It should be kept in mind that an Astrological Vocational assessment is only part of the story.
* The chart shows what our potential and preferences might be.
* The economy surrounding the place we live may or may not support the type of vocation (variety) we are looking for or feel we might want to pursue.
* Our ability to travel to where opportunities are is an important consideration in terms of having the means, being able to afford the cost, and being able to cope with the time span to reach and return from work.
* Our education, experience and skills have to be sufficient to make us personally "competitive" in the vocational market.
* Our flexibility in being able to change any of these conditions is important.

All of that being said, I don't know of any Report Writer tools available on the web. There may be some chart sites that offer casual guidelines. If you don't wish to go to a professional astrologer for a reading then I would suggest that you buy a book on vocational astrology. Otherwise, you might post your data on AT in the Astrology Forum's listing, and see who can offer any comments. Dave.

star-lover

i've asked a similar question in the past and received a similar answer ie there is not quick simple answer and this is true

if a career is about putting energy into expressing who you really are and what you are very passionate about - then perhaps focus on strong factors in your chart - planets on angles, sun/moon rulerships aspects and house placements, asc/chart ruler needs to be looked into

there is a certain something that will come through strongly and as dave said - you have to balance that with the opportunities available in your personal circumstances and chose a road

i have gemini on the mc - and honestly i have always loved learning, reading, writing, chatting, but it had no focus - i have to explore the 10th house ruler mercury in my chart and where it is placed and what aspects it makes but i also have to take alot of heed to stronger factors - ie major/strong aspects on my ascendant and to my personal planets

you can play around with it all and something will come through trust me - or many things - be flexible

sorry if i confused you, but i do believe its like having lots of ingredients in your charts and if you can manage to hone into what each one means then try and blend the best ones and come up with your own recipe for success - remember most people don't have their dream passionate job - youre not alone

dadsnook2000

For Star-Lover

You noted, "most people don't have their dream passionate job." This is why I've had 23 careers in my life. I just liked a lot of things, so I'd change jobs and fields of endeavor from time to time. Machinist, Inspector, Draftsman, Hydraulic Systems Designer, Electrical Power and Automation Engineer, Printed Circuit Board Designer, Consumer Product Stylist, Technical Writer, Marketing Writer, Technical Illustrator, Graphic Artist, Industrial Parts Sales, Software System Sales, Software Marketing, System Developer, Marketing Manager, Defense Plant Superindent, etc. It seems I did almost anything I wished. How do I see that in my chart? Dave

star-lover

LOL dave you MUST have gemini on your mc lol or pisces

or a strong mercury or double sign somewhere strong

thats alot of interests and occupations

star-lover

just looked up your info and infact you have pisces mc
he hee jumping up and down got some thing right

and no i didnt peek

dadsnook2000

Work is who you are

For many of us, men especially, work represents who you are. I've always looked at work as a "fun" thing. No fun, quit the job. Liked challenges, always took on work that I wasn't qualified for or had no experience in. But, I always succeeded in what I did, got lots of raises and advancements and even some industry awards.

For me, vocation was expressing some key aspects in my chart. I didn't always focus on MC or 10th house stuff. Generally what I did represented planet aspect patterns or Saturn place in my chart as it transited through the houses. I'm not sure I could advise someone about which type of job to take since all of the "rules" and "book stuff" seems so narrowing to me. Work and someones future strikes me as being too important to fool with. And, what one does now needs to be different from what we did last year and it will change next year. We are growing, changing beings and our work experience should aid in our growth. Dave

star-lover

For many of us, men especially, work represents who you are.

what does that mean that women cant express who we are through jobs carreeer?

or is it rather that men dont have that much choice

thingt is workin mothers dotn have alot of choice either....they are screwed which way they go but dads arent

dadsnook2000

Context

The context for ones remarks and experience has to be kept in mind. When I grew up society was just emerging from the "Man works, woman works at home" syndrome. The role of men was to work (one job, several jobs) to support the home and family. The role of women was to keep the house, raise the kids, take care of all of life's business and tasks that the man couldn't do after work hours. As we moved forward in time, and technology became more important and big business became bigger, the images from Hollywood and TV created the executive image along with the need for bigger cars, homes and longer vacations, plus two houses, etc., etc. We all got caught up in materialism. This happened as women took on bigger roles and expanded their own visions for themselves. After being accepted for who they truly were, women were encouraged to take on the role of multi-achiever. We all "liberated" ourselves into a real mess.

I think it has only been in the past decade-plus that we have all come to see what life should be and can be. Just in time for globalization, free trade, and the rise of "service" jobs. Men have joined the overworked world of women and we are all in the same pot. Each of us has to really position ourselves in terms of training, skills, location, planning, and approaching opportunities with care and passion. How many of us can do that well? I think that many people follow a hit-and-miss approach to life, taking what we can get and not going after what we want.

I'm trying to simplify things. Getting life down to the two dozen or so things that I would like most. Dave

star-lover

ok thanks for that dave didnt mean to sound rude yesterday

i guess i was thinking about women having the same set up internally as men but being restricted in x number of ways in life - which is not fair - being at home and only having say 20% chance of expressing all your talents is a restriction

ive always thought motherhood and all it entails has not been given as many *prizes* if you like as men's achievements

both roles have to change or meld eventually