Sun Sign Astrology vs. Chinese Astrology

PisceanRedhead

Hello all,

I'm a Pisces (Feb 26) that was born in the year of the Goat/Ram. Lately I've been paying more attention to both of my horoscopes, and have found that the Chinese Horoscope has been much more accurate than the one for my sun sign. (I tend to read the scopes in advance, considering them for a moment, then the next day, I read for the previous day to see if it correlates to anything that actually occurred.) I try not to read the scopes as any sort of guarantee of what each day will bring, just as more of a broad idea of what may happen (which may or may not be relevant to me at the current time or in the current situation).

Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Do you prefer one over the other or do you consider both messages equally?

~PR

dadsnook2000

What can I say?

What can I say? Astrologers and most students beyond the early-studies stage would tell you that Sun-sign astrology is very general and mostly is more wrong than right about what little it can tell you about you. Depending upon what you want to include, there are some 1800 to 3000 basic combinations of useful astrological issues that can be considered in terms of helping someone better understand themselves and deal with what is unfolding before them.

If you wish to follow the newspaper horoscopes I can suggest that you read both your Sun-sign and the sun-sign that represents the sign that your Ascendant degree is in. Read the Sun-sign in terms of character and intent. Read the Ascendant-sign in terms of how you feel, what you want to do. This will at least have some applicable meaning for you. Dave

jayem

ha, i have the exact opposite problem as you.
im the rabbit in chinese astrology, and i dont see it as describing me really at all. in western im a scorpio, and usually my scorpio horoscopes are more accurate (i tend to read them both before and after my day to see how true it was). i actually found a really good site for western horoscopes: www.astro.com
basically, you input all your birth data (like you would a birth chart) and it generates a daily horoscope for you. i find these extremely accurate since theyre unique.