TOADies Anonymous.

zhadee

Don't be too hard on yourself. I have failed as well. Little tipsy and had the Kindle handy... (d*mn you, Amazon Prime!)...... two decks...
oh, tipsy and Amazon is a bad combination :party:
Which two decks did you get?

JylliM

Had a little fun this morning modifying 12 steps for us:

1. We admitted we were powerless over acquiring decks - that our storage had become unmanageable.
  2. Came to believe that a spring cleaning greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  3. Made a decision to turn our Pinterest and Amazon accounts over to the care of our non-TOADIE family members.
  4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our collection.
  5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our buying habits.
  6. Were entirely ready to reduce our collection to only those decks we "really love".
  7. Humbly asked to increase our storage space.
  8. Made a list of all decks we haven't used for a while, and became willing to make them available for sale or giveaway.
  9. Made direct sales to forum members wherever possible, except when to do so would injure a fellow TOADIE.
  10. Continued to take a comprehensive inventory and when we increased our collection promptly admitted it.
  11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our knowledge and understanding of decks we already own.
  12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other TOADIES and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

Haha, brilliant! :)

zhadee

xxxx, and xxxx.
hah, I googled one of the two :p and found a random oracle offered. A two cards pick which was accurate.

I have failed again, because I just managed to find an assortment of 8 playing card decks. I'll meet the seller on wednesday.
And know what? He offered to throw in two more! :D I'm very naughty.
<shuffles over to the naughty corner>

Booklioness

hah, I googled one of the two :p and found a random oracle offered. A two cards pick which was accurate.

I have failed again, because I just managed to find an assortment of 8 playing card decks. I'll meet the seller on wednesday.
And know what? He offered to throw in two more! :D I'm very naughty.
<shuffles over to the naughty corner>

We are all squeezed into the naughty corner ;)

CharlotteK

Oh dear, the collection is growing again. I got some ebay bargains, I was seduced by a tarot in a tin, and have also been stocking up for Halloween :/

I have moved all my decks into two 40l underbed storage boxes, from out of various drawers around the house. I thought I'd have plenty of room for all my tarot books, but oh no, I need another one for those!

Can I last with no more decks until September? I still have three kickstarter/preorder decks pending too!

Dogs&Coffee

I have some kickstarters in the wings ( I don't count those though... supporting artists directly vs. Amazon/major publishers is different feels), but otherwise seem to have not been into deck buying lately.... just haven't seen anything that makes me want it. Am I cured?

DDwarks

I'm going to share one of my tricks with you all and hopefully, it will help :)
If you want to buy that deck go ahead and buy it BUT......

You are NOT allowed to look at the cards one by one when they arrive.

You shuffle deck/ cut it into piles / shuffle the deck again etc......BUT without looking at the cards..

The only way you get to see the cards is if you pull them in a reading...THAT'S IT!

I promise you guys, it not only makes you use the deck before you go buy another one but the excitement!!

You WANT to use the deck because you WANT to see and GET TO KNOW the cards! It becomes a deck that keeps on giving :heart:

One new deck takes me about 3 weeks to actually meet properly and by then I actually understand all the cards and want to use it on here. Which adds on another few weeks ;)

If it's the excitement of a new deck you're​ after, try it my way :D I promise you would be giggling and squealing for weeks :D

Booklioness

You shuffle deck/ cut it into piles / shuffle the deck again etc......BUT without looking at the cards..

The only way you get to see the cards is if you pull them in a reading...THAT'S IT!

I promise you guys, it not only makes you use the deck before you go buy another one but the excitement!!

You WANT to use the deck because you WANT to see and GET TO KNOW the cards! It becomes a deck that keeps on giving :heart:

One new deck takes me about 3 weeks to actually meet properly and by then I actually understand all the cards and want to use it on here. Which adds on another few weeks ;)

If it's the excitement of a new deck you're​ after, try it my way :D I promise you would be giggling and squealing :D

Thank you!

Eadwine

If it's the excitement of a new deck you're​ after, try it my way :D I promise you would be giggling and squealing for weeks :D

This is actually the way I am going about things.. I am getting to know my deck as I work :) It's great to see a new card pop up.. what do I see in this one now. Yep, makes you curious and works like a charm! :thumbsup: