Time Event Will Happen Spread

Daizdy

Just wanted to let anyone know, the method I posted about predicting the time an event will happen, does work. I did it twice and one has come about so far! :D

Astraea Aurora

Hi folks,

this thread is fairly old, but I have a question.

Daizdy said:
Aces are seasons.
Thirteen cards in the suit represents weeks within that season.

One suit has 14 cards, but it only needs 13 cards to cover all weeks within one season. If I use the ace to tell me which season it is, this leaves me with cards 2 - King. So from a logical pov it goes like:

Ace = indicates the season
2 = 1st week
3 = 2nd week
4 = 3rd week
5 = 4th week
6 = 5th week
7 = 6th week
8 = 7th week
9 = 8th week
10 = 9th week
Page = 10th week
Knight = 11th week
Queen = 12th week
King = 13th week

In your example, Daizdy, you said 7 of Wands = 7th week. But I get 7 of Wands = 6th week if I count as listed above.

How comes?

I ask because if I use "7 of [insert suit] = 7th week" I never have the chance to have "1st week" cause this would require an ace. I can see why you use an ace to indicate the season but the counting leaves me puzzled.

Anyone here to help me with this?

Astraea Aurora :grin:

Edit: Or is The Fool the only chance to get "1st week" because he represents "within the next week"?

ArwenNightstar

Astraea Aurora said:
I ask because if I use "7 of [insert suit] = 7th week" I never have the chance to have "1st week" cause this would require an ace. I can see why you use an ace to indicate the season but the counting leaves me puzzled.

For me, the Ace isn't the season because the suit is the season. Cups are Autumn, Coins are Winter, Swords are Spring, and Wands are Summer. :) So I can't help but I can confuse. HEE

Astraea Aurora

ArwenNightstar said:
For me, the Ace isn't the season because the suit is the season. Cups are Autumn, Coins are Winter, Swords are Spring, and Wands are Summer. :) So I can't help but I can confuse. HEE

Hi Arwen,

that's a good way to look at it. Hmmm, OK, I think I have a way to do it.

*Pull an Ace to indicate the season, pull another corresponding suit card to determine "1st till ...th week" *

Hehe, at worst I can get "1st till 14th week" - which means the whole season through! :D

Thank you! Astraea Aurora :grin:

4lbert

I find that using seasons in relation with the card elements wield better result than using the element to designate days, weeks/month

Sheri

When I do readings involving timing of things, like "when will my house sell?" or "when will I meet my next boy/girl friend?", I assign time periods to positions and throw some cards.

For example, a look a the year ahead by quarters would be 4 cards, each representing the quarter of the year and usually one for further out. You could also throw an advice card for how to enhance or mitigate the event (if the event is a bad thing).

If a particular quarter looks good, then we can throw more cards reassigning positions to months, weeks or days.

The positive feedback I have received has been really good so I continue to use it. I think the key to this or any other spread is there should be consistency with assignment to positions (or cards) so that you can be sure of what you are seeing when you ask.

:love: Sheri

Lady Orchard

Very interesting, had to share! I've just tried this spread, using ArwenNightStar's suggestions on seasons for suits.

I started seeing somebody recently and it is going very well, so for a bit of fun I asked - if we get engaged, when will that happen?

I got ace of swords so using the summer solstice as the start point, counting forward with the weeks and then days - I ended up with what will be our first anniversary - TO THE DAY! Seems a logical day for somebody to propose lol, time will tell!

Mind

Daizdy said:
Aces are seasons – Use the date of the beginning of the season.
Thirteen cards in the suit represents weeks within that season.
Major Arcana cards represents days. The Fool (0) is immediate. It happens within the week.

Use the event card from your reading as the significator card.
Shuffle and deal face up, one on top of the other until you deal an Ace. Place it next to the significator card, working left to right.
Reshuffle and deal again until you deal a card within the same suit as the Ace. Place it next to the Ace.
Reshuffle and deal again until you deal a Major Arcana card. Place it next to the week card.

Example: Ace of Wands – Fall
Seven Wands – the 7th week
The Hermit (9) – within nine days (before or after) of the 7th week.

Ok, I get most of this until the last line about the days.

I just tried something that came out as Winter, 5th week, 14th day. But if this '14th' day is either side of the 'week' card, then it would no longer be the 5th week... I'm a little confused!

Mind

Also...

ArwenNightstar said:
Here is something from my own website.

Suggestions for Timing Cards
These suggestions come from my friend Moondance.
Here are the tips she gave me.

Cups = Days
Wands = Weeks
Pentacles = Months
Ace-10 = one to through ten
Princess/Page = eleven
Prince/Knight = twelve

Any Sword = undetermined, up to you
Queen = undetermined, up to you
King = undetermined, up to you

Major Arcana = NOW! This is an ongoing psychological or spiritual process.

I would add that the Major Arcana are generally indicators of something that is outside of our normal sphere of control

I'm also curious to try the system above, but what sort of spread would you need to use to do that? I am still very new to all this!

Dolphin_Dreamer

I can't remember who it was, but someone had a 'challenge' going to try thier timing spread. I think it was really similar to this one.. You might find it on the site, I know it was moved once and the person was wanting to start a group or something with it...
Daizdy said:
Bec, This is why I found the spread I posted so appealing and why I was curious if anyone had tried it with success. It was pretty cut and dry, very simple to remember and do. The only thing it does not tell us is the year. So, it may be less beneficial in a reading, say...for someone wondering when they will meet the love of their life. Unless maybe the spread is modified to include a card which represents a year. (wondering....hhhmmmm) My own reading is a perfect example for what this spread is beneficial for:

The company I work for was bought out by a company far more advanced than we are. The buy-out happened a few months ago and still some technical things to work out so things are still running as usual and rumors are flying around about this company bringing in their own employees and letting the rest of us go.

So, I already know that the "event" is going to happen, I just don't/didn't know when.

Maybe there some AT'ers out there, who like me, have an event that's going to happen but just don't know when, who can give this spread a test run, so to speak (or is that a wise thing to do....testing tarot....hhhmmm). If it is a good spread for telling time then maybe we can come up with a way of adding a year card.....