Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 25 - #25

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 25
Number: 25

Symbol: A DOUBLE PROMISE REVEALS ITS INNER AND OUTER MEANINGS.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Aries 25 is:
ARIES 24 ~ AN OPEN WINDOW AND A NET CURTAIN BLOWING INTO THE SHAPE OF A CORNUCOPIA.

The Quest Symbol for Aries 25 is:
ARIES 26 ~ A MAN POSSESSED OF MORE GIFTS THAN HE CAN HOLD.

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 25 is:
LIBRA 25 ~ THE SIGHT OF AN AUTUMN LEAF BRINGS TO A PILGRIM THE SUDDEN REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY OF LIFE AND DEATH.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Aries 25 are:
CANCER 25 ~ A LEADER OF MEN WRAPPED IN AN INVISIBLE CLOAK OF POWER.

LIBRA 25 ~ THE SIGHT OF AN AUTUMN LEAF BRINGS TO A PILGRIM THE SUDDEN REVELATION OF THE MYSTERY OF LIFE AND DEATH.

CAPRICORN 25 ~ AN ORIENTAL RUG DEALER IN A STORE FILLED WITH PRECIOUS ORNAMENTAL RUGS.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Aries 25 are:
CANCER 7 ~ TWO FAIRIES (NATURE SPIRITS) DANCING ON A MOONLIT NIGHT.

VIRGO 19 ~ A SWIMMING RACE.

SAGITTARIUS 1 ~ RETIRED ARMY VETRANS GATHEER TO REAWAKEN OLD MEMORIES.

AQUARIUS 13 ~ A BAROMETER.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Dr Jones Keyword is sensibility..

Solarfire body part Sternocleidomastoid muscle muscles are muscles in the neck that act to flex and rotate the head.

I think people with this symbol have good investigative abilities, they get to the truth of the matter so to speak.. and these people also often hold secrets their own or others ;)

When I pull this in a reading I always make sure I dont sign any important document for a few days - or at least I check where mercury is, and read all the fine print!

Like its opposition symbol - the information in the leaf, I beleive the answer is there to be known.

MCsea

Element Banded Iron
Discussion Banded iron formations are ancient sedimentary rocks, bands of iron oxide and chert (mainly). This element then holds spiritual properties of chert and iron oxides (magnetite and hematite). The power in this rock is amazing, it hold the promise of revealing- all the questions from the beginning of earth time, it has a warm glow (spiritual and physical), strength and grounding affects. The physical formation of this stone – with the banding echo’s the duality in the symbol, with the keyword reflected in the emotion stored in the stone.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 473

tink27

Interesting picture purple_scorp with the double rainbows and the thundering clouds!

I have to admit, I've struggled with this symbol....what is I thought a double promise.

Searching on the internet, I googled double promise and found this...
http://theologytoday.ptsem.edu/jan1993/v49-4-article4.htm ....an interesting study on the I AM principle.....but I still didn't understand the symbolism.

Is it possibly looking at everything we've been told and weighting it against the Universal Truth? It seems a double truth sends us scrambling to search for answers......and in our search begins the journey up Jacobs Ladder...which could be our own independent search for the truth. How interesting that the second rainbow is a reversed reflection of the first!

I also found this http://www.crystalinks.com/rainbowtwins.html and the story of Noah's arc, a Sunday school story http://www.essex1.com/people/paul/bible11a.html . So is this symbol of keeping our word, not only to ourselves but to others as well?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow On Wikipedia it talks of a second rainbow as inteference

Occasionally, another beautiful and striking rainbow phenomenon can be observed, consisting of several faint rainbows on the inner side of the primary rainbow, and very rarely also outside the secondary rainbow. They are slightly detached and have pastel colour bands that do not fit the usual pattern. They are known as supernumerary rainbows, and it is not possible to explain their existence using classical geometric optics. The alternating faint rainbows are caused by interference between rays of light following slightly different paths with slightly varying lengths within the raindrops. Some rays are in phase, reinforcing each other through constructive interference, creating a bright band; others are out of phase by up to half a wavelength, cancelling each other out through destructive interference, and creating a gap.

In another site and I can't find it now, it said God decided that man would always sin.........geez I wish I could find it now because it really urked me!!

I also learned that sin was a word used in ancient times in the sport of archery. When an archer missed 'his mark' he would say "I have sinned".

So are we in a state of 'sin' when we miss the bull's eye of our whole being. The whole statement of Aries, I AM then must be when we are at the controls of our thoughts and emotions......which in turn drives out the limitations we have not only inherited in this lifetime but which we have acquired in countless lifetimes.

Is this symbol on how we divide ourselves? Could it be a turning point between religion and spirituality....of integrity and honor?

Also, we can't have two dominant halves, now can we? One or the other would cancel the other one out. It's kind of when we want to do something, but out of fear, our strength becomes divided.

I also think a double rainblow can be a powerful combination of faith and vision....

Ohh I really need guidance on this.......help!!!

tink :love:

MCsea

HI Tink...

I see this symbol as an expression of
"As above, so below..."

purple_scorp - love your image - as always, the rainbow - as Tink has explored, as well as the 'horizon' the above - sky/space and below - the mountian and ground - with the full potential of nature, the promise of more - the rainbow...

Back to Tink I recently read a conversation with God I think its called,
it helped me let go of things that annoyed me about what 'God' is supposed to have said or not said or what people interpret the Divine says.. It gave me faith to find out my own truth... anyway I dont personally agree 'man' is meant to sin, I also think we are not meant to be perfect on this planet either - we are here to grow.. grow indicates change (above and below) perfection does not require change.. indeed I believe the Divine - or God changes in time and space also..

the rainbow is the token of the covenant the Lord made with Noah and every living creature with him, as a promise that no more would a flood come upon the earth to destroy all flesh:
http://www.geocities.com/cobblestoneministries/evidenceofGodsLove.html
Gen 9:12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations:
Gen 9:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
Gen 9:14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
Gen 9:15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
Gen 9:16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.
Gen 9:17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

All of the above to me shows duality divine - human, flesh - spirit, darkness - light, destruction - safety, change and growth..

MARINA

purple_scorp

MCsea said:
purple_scorp - love your image - as always, the rainbow - as Tink has explored, as well as the 'horizon' the above - sky/space and below - the mountian and ground - with the full potential of nature, the promise of more - the rainbow...MARINA
Thanks Marina. :)

"A DOUBLE PROMISE REVEALS ITS INNER AND OUTER MEANINGS"

I thought a lot about this title before I chose my image. I remember googling "double promise" images and seeing things like photos of baseball games which made me say, hey???? And not being a baseball fan thought, no, this won't do for my image.

What did come to my mind was my palm. I do a bit of palm reading you see, and I noticed just recently that on my right-hand, which is generally read as what you've made of your life - as opposed to the left-hand which is what you are born with, your potential so to speak (assuming you are right-handed), that my life-line now has a sister line. In other words, I now have a double life-line (though the second line is much fainter).

Did you know that the lines on our palms often change?

When reading palms, it is said that when a double line occurs, it is like a form of protection for the first. That one is now accompanying my life-line gives me a lovely, warm tingly feeling.

So, when I found the double rainbow image, it reminded me of my life-line because, both are arches and are formed in the same direction.

I'm not quite sure what any of this has to do with the symbol's meaning as such.....but thought I'd share anyhow.

But tink, I just wanted to say that maybe you have to drop my image of the rainbow and explore a little deeper into your own psyche to find the meaning???

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

purple_scorp what a wonderful find in your palm! yes I have seen my lines change I have less 'allergy' lines now and a line on my middle finger that indicated a bad back got lighter - so my back was not as bad as we thought..

I picture this symbol as a planet - jupiter - saturn - venus one where there is cloud cover, we see the outer but we explore the inner... we see it in the sky and read them in our astrology charts.. :)

but I do love the rainbow image :)

MARINA

tink27

Marina said:
All of the above to me shows duality divine - human, flesh - spirit, darkness - light, destruction - safety, change and growth.

This really helps Marina, thankyou.

Marina said:
Back to Tink I recently read a conversation with God I think its called,
it helped me let go of things that annoyed me about what 'God' is supposed to have said or not said or what people interpret the Divine says.. It gave me faith to find out my own truth... anyway I dont personally agree 'man' is meant to sin, I also think we are not meant to be perfect on this planet either - we are here to grow.. grow indicates change (above and below) perfection does not require change.. indeed I believe the Divine - or God changes in time and space also.

Yes, I believe there is a Divine power, more powerful than we could ever imagine. As far as Religion, I have none. The first time I heard of a double promise is right here! I've never heard it before today.....that's why my search within keeps coming up emptyhanded, the phones ringing but nobody's answering.

purple_scorp said:
But tink, I just wanted to say that maybe you have to drop my image of the rainbow and explore a little deeper into your own psyche to find the meaning???

Thanks purple_scorp, I'll sleep on it tonight.

purple_scorp said:
to my mind was my palm. I do a bit of palm reading you see, and I noticed just recently that on my right-hand, which is generally read as what you've made of your life - as opposed to the left-hand which is what you are born with, your potential so to speak (assuming you are right-handed), that my life-line now has a sister line. In other words, I now have a double life-line (though the second line is much fainter).

Did you know that the lines on our palms often change?

I have some knowledge of palm reading, it is fascinating as you say to compare the hands to see the journey a person has been on. I find it fascinating your life-line now has a sisterline. I can see this more clearly than the double rainbows.

Now talking of sister-lines and Marina's above and below.....each of us has two polarized energies, one on the right and one on the left, that desire to form a lasting relationship with one another. As our awareness increases, the energies of the right and left, female and male, weave their energies up the spinal column and merge together as one at the master gland uniting with the intelligence of our mind and the intelligence of the Universe. And when this happens, zowie, we have electricity!!!!!!!!!

okay, okay, I'm going to sleep on it!

Thanks so much purple_scorp and Marina, you helped immensely.

tink :love: