Important Tips to Newbies

gregory

I (me myself only me) do not use elements. Or generic meanings. Or generic symbols. Or generic spreads. Or anything that doesn't come out of my very own and personal head.

I seem to get OK results. (anyone who has had a reading from me that was crap, feel free to say so now !)

You have to do your own thing. The only time I EVER used generic meanings was a total disaster. And goodness knows I have read books, been into decks etc. for extremely many years.... Making rules for others is the way NOT to go, in MY not very humble but all mine opinion :D

But if anyone wants the rules for my method I will post them.... (well, to be fair, I will post a link to what got me into this !)

Kircher Tree

I'm with RANZEL on this one. I could almost remember the day that the Tarot actually started to work for me was the day that I began paying attention to the elementals.

I'm not saying it is for everyone, and I don't think RANZEL was either. But to ignore the elementals is to potentially miss a lot.

re-pete-a

No one is against renzel, no one is saying he's wrong, just making allowances for the other 3591/2 degrees difference that make up the full circle.

gregory

Kircher Tree said:
I'm with RANZEL on this one. I could almost remember the day that the Tarot actually started to work for me was the day that I began paying attention to the elementals.

I'm not saying it is for everyone, and I don't think RANZEL was either. But to ignore the elementals is to potentially miss a lot.
The day I abandoned all those things was the day I started getting readings that worked, and fit. :D

There are ways and ways of saying what method works for you, but the BEST and most helpful way is to say "this is what works for me" and the worst is to say "this is how to do it and everyone will get something out of it." Everyone won't. Some may, but there is nothing that works for everyone.

Except breathing :D

firefrost

gregory said:
But if anyone wants the rules for my method I will post them.... (well, to be fair, I will post a link to what got me into this !)

Ooohh...the original guide to Glorp! Yes please!!

I notice the elemental values when a reading comes out mainly all one suit - for me, it's hard not to. As for any missing - again, for me, that all depends on the balance.

Having said that, it's by no means the 'be all and end all' of my reading, and I wouldn't dream of telling anyone it should be done this way.

I would strongly suggest to all newbies to do what everyone else does - find your own way, with your own tried and trusted friends and guides.

As someone posted earlier - there are many threads about 'Ways of reading' here. Experiment, see what suits you best, whichever way it is.

Just my own ten pennorth.

reine de saba

re-pete-a said:
There's a a passion for eating red hot chillies and onions and custard together with Anchovies, and any one who doesn't should check it out.

FINALLY someone else! Gd it's delicious, isn't it? Very Good for divinatory dreams as well.

Except that they're rather dark...

you can use meringue in a pinch instead of the custard

jester hat under the chef's hat,

saba

Milfoil

Thirteen said:
We understand that you've found your method, and that it's exciting to have found something like this and you really, really want to share it. . . .But I PROMISE you, it won't work for everyone. Because not everyone is you. The sooner you learn that the better a tarot teacher you might one day be.

Sage words.

This applies to so many aspects of life. Those who feel obliged or compelled to force their beliefs or opinions on others:

a) reveal their missunderstanding of what it is to be truly wise. They confuse authority, learning and agrandisement with wisdom.

b) rarely find their words accepted.

The longer I live, the more I realise how VERY little I know about anything and how each student who comes to me (not the other way around) is actually my teacher!

Last term, whilst studying counselling skills at college, there was one member of the class who would not see that counselling or teaching is not about offering direction but about listening and facilitating the client/student to find their own truth. He taught me a great deal.

Its the same here, a truly wonderful teacher aims for each student to excell the master and that cannot come from a 'one size fits all' approach. If we all followed one path we would still consider the earth to be flat!

gregory

Milfoil said:
If we all followed one path we would still consider the earth to be flat!
It isn't ?????? :bugeyed:

reine de saba

but seriously folks

I'm with every one in "to each his own"

I for one am drawn to read elements, but even so.

This last week has twice given me 10cups for two different person's job change and a 10coins for the breakup of an unmarried childless young couple

(I thought I hated the tens already)

So not only is it a question of "to elemental or not to elemental"

even the given meanings within those elements might be subject to dialectal variations

- back to my journal with a headache

saba

Ligator

Dear Ranzell!

There is not one method which is the right and correct one, but we can learn from each other and make our individual appoaches to the tarot more efficient and powerful.

I use elementary digneties and always looks at the elements before I do a reading.

At first I approached the Tarot by learning what every card stood for. Root learning. Boring stuff!

Then I discovered the beauty of elements and I too reacted as you do. At first I viewed it as THE method to know all about the Tarot and get precise readings.

And my readings improved... But I still found that many did readings without ever using the elements which were more precise than my readings...

And soon I learned that intuitive and psychic reading, from pictures and symbols, worked even better... :eek:)

Keep up the good work on the elementary dignities... But dont forget that the there are no absolute truth when we are dealing with the Tarot!

/Torbjörn