The Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group (The Dark Sister) 1st and 2nd editions

firefrost

No, Karen, you're not in trouble, this is the sign-up thread, I believe.

I've posted my view on The Fool, and Sulis put it where it should be.

Hang on, I'll get the link.

ETA http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=90510

If you go and read, be gentle with me!

Master_Margarita

I'm definitely in for this one, though active participation will have to wait until my deck actually falls into my clutches.

baba-prague

Sulis said:
Hi Karen,

This is the sign up thread, you didn't post in the wrong place.
The link I gave earlier on in this thread is to the Bohemian Gothic Tarot Study Group index thread - an index of threads in this group: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1299674#post1299674

And the latest link I gave was to the Tarot Study Group guidelines to help those who haven't posted in Tarot Study Groups before; this forum can be a bit confusing for those new to study groups: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=32949

Thanks Sulis. I honestly think my brain is still in deepest holiday mode!

Embla

I would love to join. I just did my first reading for somebody else with the BG Silver, and the Danse Macabre came up. I need to learn so much more about that card! I have posted the reading in Personal Readings if anyone is interested.

Promise

I'd love to be involved, but alas, my deck still hasn't arrived. Amazon says it's not due to ship until January 14th, and that makes me sad. Maybe it'll ship out earlier than that. I hope so, at least.

I will most definitely lurk the study group and see what kinds of things you guys come up with, though.

faunabay

I've just realized something about myself and study groups. While I like the thought of it and want to do it...... once I sit down with one particular card to study there are so many things that jump out at me all at once that I can't get a clear picture in my mind as to what it says to me.

It seems that when I am doing a reading with a question and other cards to apply the one card to I'm fine. It sort of narrows the focus for me. But when I sit down and try to do the study group my mind just goes blank.....well actually not blank there's just so much there that it overwhelms my mind, then it goes blank. :)

This is just a personal observation I've recently realized about myself. I need that focus to read the cards well. I think if someone (even doing it for myself) were to say for example, what does the card show in regards to.....whatever - pick a thought? I could come up with something. But to just go at it wide open I go blank. hmmm.....

Master_Margarita

faunabay, maybe think of a study group card as a one-card reading?

I do a daily draw and my musings about my card or the day sometimes sound kind of study-groupish to my ears.

ETA: Although it's certainly true, and your point is well-taken, that the cards acquire a richer meaning in context.

:heart: M_M~

faunabay

Master_Margarita said:
faunabay, maybe think of a study group card as a one-card reading?

Oh that's a great idea! Thank you. I'll try that and see if it clears some of the mishmash of thoughts that go through my head all at once.

Maybe I can come up with something like "what does this card have to say right now?" That way I won't try and come up with every single thing I see, but can focus on certain things. hmmmm..... Good idea!

nicki

Count me in, will get started asap.

nicki

RubyV

I'm in for the study group.

Are others still interested, or all we all so seduced by her dark beauty that we just sit there playing with her for hours?