"The Celtic tree oracle" :your opinions and experiences.

easyboy82

I received it today from Scotland :) (I'm talking about the set which comes in the nice wooden box) .
I quickly read through the little book and I saw the author gives only one spread, quite complex and useful for an in-depth past-present-future reading on a period of time from one to several months.
Anyone here uses these cards? How do you use them? Do you think they're good for daily draws/advice too? Which spreads do you use?
Thank you!

ilweran

I used to use it, and have used other Ogham oracles. I mainly used it in the same way I use Rune cards - 3 card, past-present-future spread.

.traveller.

I've used them for smaller draws. Think of them in terms of runes/symbols.

They require work and time, but will reward you in proportion to what you are willing to put in.

raeanne

Hi EB82,
I have this set. It was my first Ogham oracle. If you are interested in learning more, I started a Study Group a long time ago. It has been active only sporatically. It is in the Divination section and listed in the "Note: Index of Indices:Runes, I Ching, Numerology, Palmistry etc" post that is the third post from the top. I was still very new to Ogham when I started those so I would really like to get some more people to participate! I hope you enjoy your journey with the Ogham!

easyboy82

Thank you!
I know nearly nothing about Ogham and I wanted to have a little knowledge of this celtic system..by the way this set has been translated in Italian too some years ago but it is now out of print, that's why I had to look for the original version in Scotland :) I don't know if in the future I'll get a real wood sticks set, for the moment I use these cards..very nice cards by the way, I already feel a good sensation about them...I have the impression they could be even better than tarot for me when I'm not looking for fortune telling but for a spiritual card-of-the-day draw or for concise but deep advice about a situation..

X Raseanne: wow thanks a lot! What an interesting study group! I plan to read all your posts there, they will be a good addition to the content of the little book coming with the set!