Crystal Study Group: Super Seven

shelikes2read

As for the overly potent Super 7 crystal, maybe there are some things that would tone it down. Grounding stones might help. Onyx is in the Chalcedony family (as is Quartz), so its energies should be compatible. Rose Quartz (more Chalcedony) is a stone with soft energies -- maybe that will affect the Super 7 stone's energies the way cushiony walls, ceiling, and carpets work to dampen sounds.

Just a few thoughts that might help matters.

Padma

I actually do have a crystal point that I'm starting to wonder if it's a Super Seven or not.

It's an elestial point but it was polished, the better to show the fascinating internal structures inside the point -- including what I believe is another crystal point that got enveloped as the quartz grew. It's not like a phantom -- you can see a reflection of the outline from certain angles, not so much from other angles.

The point of the crystal point is amethyst. The body is clear. And I realized, after seeing it in sunlight coming in through the window, that the translucent base is a light smoky color. It's got some other random inclusions inside it that are likely to be different substances from one another.

There have only been a few stones that I've seen their image online and immediately had a reaction of, "That's my stone, so I had better buy it pronto". This was one of them. I've had it about 12 or 13 years, and I suspect that was before the phrase "Super 7" was coined. Otherwise, this stone might have earned such a label.

Do you HAVE to be able to identify all seven stones in a Super 7, in order to label it as such?

Pics to follow, once I have some daylight to work with. At this hour, all I've got is manmade light and photographing this stone in inferior light isn't going to give me the kind of image I want.

Would love to see your Super - see link for photo of mine below :) no, you don't need to be able to see all the other elements present...mine only shows clear quartz and amethyst. From Healing Stones for You:
"Any configuration of these stones have a truly spiritual vibration embodied within them... and they are powerful tools to move your spiritual growth forward.

For anyone who has been doing ascension work... Super Seven stones should definitely be part of the process as they are such powerful assets.

They are made up of the energy from seven minerals... Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Rutile, Goethite, Cacoxenite, Lepidocrocite and Smokey Quartz Crystal.

The combination of these different energies mixed into one stone... makes this a potent stone for both spiritual and physical healing. "

Here's another quote from healing stones for you http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/super-seven.html website: "It is not always possible to see the evidence of their presence within the crystals... as they are often extremely small particles within the crystals.

Within some stones it is easy to see a lot of evidence of the more well-known crystals... yet within others you will see a lot less."

Hth! Sounds like you have a fascinating specimen of Super Seven on your hands! :) (good thing, as the mine is running low, and there is no other source now known for Super Seven...)

As for the overly potent Super 7 crystal, maybe there are some things that would tone it down. Grounding stones might help. Onyx is in the Chalcedony family (as is Quartz), so its energies should be compatible. Rose Quartz (more Chalcedony) is a stone with soft energies -- maybe that will affect the Super 7 stone's energies the way cushiony walls, ceiling, and carpets work to dampen sounds.

Just a few thoughts that might help matters.

Funny you should mention Rose Quartz - when I was replying to Wildchilde, it was the stone that jumped to mind, but it fluttered past, and clear quartz came up too...I think you are on to something - if one wanted to make the Seven less edgy, I think Rose would do the trick ;)

Attachments

• Super Seven clear.jpg
    Super Seven clear.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 191

wildchilde

******waves ecstatically******* HI LOTUS!!!! thanks for dropping by! I have missed you too. :heart: Hope all is well in your part of the world.

I am not surprised you mentioned trying out the Super Seven on it's own first...I was actually thinking the same thing myself. Last night I had a strong urge to put one of the beads on an "invisible choker" and wear it for a day or two to see what happens. I think it probably would be a good idea because I just can't get a good "read" on it's potency holding it in my hand to tell if it is going to be too powerful for regular wear. Then again, this necklace is for special healing work purposes so I won't being wearing it everyday necessarily. agggh, I hate indecision! LOL

I appreciate both of your comments on stone combinations. I may have to let the stones decide for me in the end. I do find it interesting that originally I was going to use smokeys instead of the sapphires and I may go back to that as I think those would resonate much better and help with grounding. I am also feeling like I may have to take out the charoite's altogether, which is just killing me inside! But I feel like perhaps both of them together is going to be too overwhelming. Although I love rose quartz, I am just not feeling it for this particular piece (although that may change at any time! lol)

SLTR, I can't wait to see pics of your point! that sounds fabulous!! LP already answered your questions so I won't be redundant, but I will note (in case you didn't see it) that The Crowned One posted at the beginning of the thread that it is not lepidocrosite but hematite that has been found to be the '7th' stone in this amazing combo.

Padma

******waves ecstatically******* HI LOTUS!!!! thanks for dropping by! I have missed you too. :heart: Hope all is well in your part of the world.

I am not surprised you mentioned trying out the Super Seven on it's own first...I was actually thinking the same thing myself. Last night I had a strong urge to put one of the beads on an "invisible choker" and wear it for a day or two to see what happens. I think it probably would be a good idea because I just can't get a good "read" on it's potency holding it in my hand to tell if it is going to be too powerful for regular wear. Then again, this necklace is for special healing work purposes so I won't being wearing it everyday necessarily. agggh, I hate indecision! LOL

duuuuuuuuuuuude! :D *Waves energetically and joyously ;)* When I say I am back, I mean it ;) lol! Was just in winter seclusion, is all. Everything is good. Growing under the ground, as seeds do in winter's end, after a good nap :)

I think it is awesome good to wear it on it's own, first. Try to be aware of it "seeing" and "breathing" - it does. Let the stone do the talking after tuning into it...You will be amazed :) and I think it is a very good call to let the stones decide what will happen on the necklace ;) as we both know, we don't choose the stones - they choose us. So I think they are uniquely qualified to pick their companions :)

PS thanks for refreshing TCO's very salient point on the components! I had forgotten, myself...

flying black kat

Where can I buy one of the Super Seven Crystals? I am not sure if I have one or not. Most of my crystal are in storage.

Really like this thread.

Kathy

Padma

Where can I buy one of the Super Seven Crystals? I am not sure if I have one or not. Most of my crystal are in storage.

Really like this thread.

Kathy

hmmm...I got mine at my trusty local New Age store, which has a massive crystal section...you can try to find a store like that, or you can buy one online...you might start a new thread asking for recommendations on a good online crystal shop, a trustworthy one...? As I don't buy them online, I cannot help you there, wish I could! I guess you could try Etsy - I've never had a problem with anything I have bought there...and some people there do just sell crystals :)

shelikes2read

OK, I've attempted to take some pics of my maybe-Super-7 point. It dawned on me last night that between having some daylight, and using the gear I've obtained for jewelry photography, I'd be able to do a better job NOW at photographing than I could've done even a few weeks ago.

However, the first thing I discovered today is that photographing a largely-transparent stone is full of challenges. Internally, it does have the elestial structures, and some scattered inclusions. The outside of the stone has been polished in order to bring that out, and although I'm not always in favor of polishing stones, in this case it's an enhancement because the stone acts like one of those river rocks I've seen, and draws your eye inward to wander around.

The point of the stone is amethyst. Most of the body is clear, and other than the structures and the speckles of inclusion, I mean WATER clear. And it seems to me that the base of the stone is faintly smoky. Here it is in the diffused light of the light box. Its bottom has, conveniently, been flattened so that the point can stand upright. And I needed a contrasting flat surface for it, so I used... a hockey puck. :D
0360FE33-D71E-4E3B-A653-75A69A0126E5-2873-000004512C5CE9AC_zps28ef8e05.jpg

In direct light:
A3117C85-FDE8-46F1-BBC6-3E43B8960F9B-2873-0000045136801931_zps41355691.jpg

15DE83BC-CE6A-42C7-9347-201E30D42DFE-2873-000004514099EAFC_zps4cf8a8c3.jpg

It's hard to photograph the effect I'm going for here. What's a 3-D image in person is hard to reproduce in the 2-D of photography. The bottom is polished and clear, and looking into it is like looking into the polished side of a round quartz river rock. The eye is drawn inside and wanders around. We're looking up through the stone in this picture, through the clear base. The light reflections are not coming off the base, but off the internal structures of the stone.
56769051-DB71-424C-9208-B005C8EB0B10-2873-0000045149C22637_zpse5bb90c7.jpg

Light shining through from base to point:
90BDB02D-7AE1-4879-BCB0-DA1E821BBDA6-2873-00000451528ABA5E_zps53b91db3.jpg

It's hard to get a sense of the clarity-vs-elestial-structures contrast, but I'm trying. This also helps give an idea of the size of the stone:
CCF08AB0-1B6F-4F8A-B37E-C4CB4D1153B1-2873-000004515E47B0CF_zps828a8e6a.jpg

I've always felt something special about this stone, from the first time I set eyes on it on a South African crystal site that, I regret to say, appears to have gone under. They sure had some wonderful stones. Too bad I wasn't rich enough to afford more of them, lol. But I've always kept this stone in the original bubble wrap it was shipped in, and in an old hard-shell eyeglass case for extra protection. I don't do that for other crystals. Just this one. I keep feeling like it's SO unique it needs and deserves extra protection.

The verifiable aspects of the stone are that it's an elestial Amethyst/Clear Quartz point, with some internal inclusions along with various internal structures that are surely the result of crystal faces being enveloped and merging together. I was the one who discovered that in the correct lighting, the base of the stone is faintly smoky -- even the vendor didn't realize nor make mention of that. And only recently have I started to wonder if it fits the Super 7 category.

shelikes2read

Would love to see your Super - see link for photo of mine below :) no, you don't need to be able to see all the other elements present...mine only shows clear quartz and amethyst. From Healing Stones for You:
"Any configuration of these stones have a truly spiritual vibration embodied within them... and they are powerful tools to move your spiritual growth forward.

For anyone who has been doing ascension work... Super Seven stones should definitely be part of the process as they are such powerful assets.

They are made up of the energy from seven minerals... Amethyst, Clear Quartz, Rutile, Goethite, Cacoxenite, Lepidocrocite and Smokey Quartz Crystal.

The combination of these different energies mixed into one stone... makes this a potent stone for both spiritual and physical healing. "

Here's another quote from healing stones for you http://www.healing-crystals-for-you.com/super-seven.html website: "It is not always possible to see the evidence of their presence within the crystals... as they are often extremely small particles within the crystals.

Within some stones it is easy to see a lot of evidence of the more well-known crystals... yet within others you will see a lot less."

Hth! Sounds like you have a fascinating specimen of Super Seven on your hands! :) (good thing, as the mine is running low, and there is no other source now known for Super Seven...)

Funny you should mention Rose Quartz - when I was replying to Wildchilde, it was the stone that jumped to mind, but it fluttered past, and clear quartz came up too...I think you are on to something - if one wanted to make the Seven less edgy, I think Rose would do the trick ;)

I really love this stone. That's so pretty. I hope that its energies and yours mesh so well that you can wear it at will. I'd surely want to wear a lovely stone like that.

celticnoodle

Okay. I'm hooked. I've read most of the posts (still hae this last page to do) and I WANT THIS STONE!!! (or should I say "stones"?). sounds DELICIOUS!! :D

Padma

I really love this stone. That's so pretty. I hope that its energies and yours mesh so well that you can wear it at will. I'd surely want to wear a lovely stone like that.

eee! lol ;) it eeez aliiiiive! lol...I cannot wear it easily - but it is like having a third (and ruthless!) eyeball around my neck ;p I wear it in situations where I need more information - or where I don't trust the other people, and need some kind of shield. The stone allows me to "see" through motives more clearly, and thus affords me protection.

I LOVE your crystal point, sheloves! It is stonking gorgeous! I am sure what you have there is Super 7. I love the faint hint of smoke around the bottom - and the incredible water quality of the crystal :) If I were you, I would wrap it in silver wire (point down) and wear it! If you don't do that craft, a bead shop person should be able to do it to your specs. LOVE - thanks for the pics, and I would say, if that stone chose you, you are a mighty special person :)