healing properties of lolite

intuitiveinsight

Hi everyone,
I have a stone called lolite.
I baught it in a crystal healing shop. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this crystal?
If so what does it do?
Blessings,
Intuitiveinsight

shelikes2read

I have an Iolite tumblestone. I'm always fascinated by its color! :) It seems to change a bit in hue, depending on what kind of light it's viewed in.

Its indigo/violet color resonates with the Third Eye and Crown.

There are some stones that I just can't get enough of looking at. Iolite is one of them. I can lose a lot of time just gazing at it and appreciating how pretty it is.

intuitiveinsight

correct name of crystal

Hi guys,
I just found out it's called lodelite also known as shaman's quartz.
So it's part of the quartz family. There are some mossy inclusions.
Blessings,
intuitiveinsight

delizt

so we are not talking about Iolite,? which is a purple stone that changes hue...mine shift from a purple to a warmish brown, it's a lovely stone for third eye work, its gentle and nurturing and I have tumbles I just love to hold..I find them very calming.

the other stone you mention, the quartz with the mossy inclusions, Shaman's stone is for dreamwork, and since it's quartz, it's an all-around healer, hope this helps

Briar Rose

I have iolite. Greek for violet. Also called the Vikings compass because of the way it detects the sun on cloudy days. Also called water sapphire. It is a silicate of aluminum and magnesium.

For me, iolite is very soothing. I find it protects me from certain energies, and builds strength to my inner knowledge. It gives me a lighter feeling. It is not have a heavy feeling , but a gentle one. I feel it works well with moonstone.

How do you work with it?

celticnoodle

What a pretty gemstone! I can see where it is also known as a water sapphire. a gorgeous blue gemstone. I am attracted to blue stones and purple ones too.

I googled for its healing properties and see that it is a 3rd eye chakra and known as a vision stone. It works to open your intuition. For chakra healing, it is good to be placed on your throat directly or forehead. It is a good gem to help with overcoming relationship issues and addictions, especially alcohol addiction.

also good for the sinuses, respiratory system, liver and for migraines too. Its a beautiful stone!

intuitiveinsight

Shaman quartz and Ialite are two different stones.
I do enjoy shaman quartz, for me it helps dreams become a reality. Shaman quartz can be used for meditation.
I'll sometimes see myself going inside of a crystal to gather more information about what it can do for me. A basic way to work with stones can be to meditate with the stone.
Sleep with it under your pillow, or wear it as jewlery.
You can also program a crystal, an easy way to do that is to tell it what you'd like it to do. For example if you have a shaman quartz, tell it that you'd like it to help you to improve your dreams at night when you sleep to have them become more vivid and help you remember them.
You can then place it under your pillow. I've done this before. I've also slept with a crystal before beside me.
Blesssings,
Intuitiveinsight

stonesatiety

I did a search on this and found Lodelite. Is that what you mean? The small case "L" made it confusing with the first post of Iolite. If so, I have numerous quartz crystals with such inclusions. I'm not sure where to start! I've done all kinds of things with them.