Interpreting OOTK

Awaken to Silence

Hello,

If anyone here is familiar with the Opening of the Key spread, I'd like help with interpreting a reading.

The question: Will X and I be working together?

My significator: Queen of Swords
Her significator is Queen of Wands though it does not show up here.

First the four aces:

Yod: Nine of Wands
Heh: Ten of Cups
Vav: Four of Swords
Heh final: Death

Interpretation: Neither of us will be emotionally satisfied by working together, and something of value will have to die if we force the union.

Significator was in yod stack, so spreading it out:

1. Ace of Cups
2. The Star
3. Two of Cups
4. Queen of Disks
5. The Chariot
6. Princess of Disks
7. Knight of Disks
8. The Empress
9. Ace of Swords
10. Knight of Swords
11. Eight of Cups
12. Ten of Disks
13. Ace of Wands
14. Seven of Cups
15. Seven of Wands
16. The Moon
17. Queen of Swords
18. Nine of Swords
19. Nine of Wands

There are three aces, which could suggest new ideas or actions, but it seems to not have an outlet here.

I'm concerned why Queen of Swords is surrounded by 9 of Swords and the Moon. The moon usually represents deception to me, right? But where could that enter in? Same for 9 of Swords, Cruelty.

The best I got was that she will take control of the endeavor and I will be dissatisfied with it. But because of my love for her, I sacrifice myself anyway.

Queen of Swords counts to Seven of Cups here. I never understand what Debauch means.

The Empress seems like it could represent her, along with Knight of Disks. She also has Ace of Swords: perhaps her ideas are the ones that lead?

That counts to Nine of Wands, then Eight of Cups. Indolence is another tough one for me. Being weighed down? Emotional dissatisfaction?

But then there's the Ten of Disks, Wealth, which is also confusing.

The 8 Cups counts to Queen Disks, which seems to be another aspect of her. Seems to be very well-dignified with the two water cards surrounding her.

Then it counts Ace Cups, then Knight of Swords. I have no idea who this might be, but by my counting I reverse the direction here.

Then we run into another ace, the Ace of Wands. Perhaps this is an ignited passion. But with the Seven of Cups next to it, perhaps that passion is quenched.

Finally we have Queen of Disks, and the cycle begins anew.

Pairing:

1. Ace of Cups and Nine of Wands: A desire to work together but quenched by the fire of wands. Perhaps both of our personalities are too strong.

2. The Star and Nine of Swords: A dream, but severed by the sword, metaphorically speaking. Much pain in that.

3. Two of Cups and Queen of Swords: Neutral, but there is love there. But the Queen could take it or leave it I feel like.

4. Queen of Disks and The Moon: If the queen is X as I surmise, then her own delusions will be stripped?

5. The Chariot and Seven of Wands: We work hard at it anyway. But water quenches fire again so we don't move far.

6. Princess of Disks and Seven of Cups: Friendly, but passive. Nothing to do. Not sure about Seven of Cups. Also I don't think Princess of Disks came up in the counting. Counting from her leads back to Queen of Disks, so probably another aspect of X.

7. Knight of Disks and Ace of Wands: X's passion

8. Empress: Ten of Disks: Neutral, but could be successful? Financially at least, but perhaps not emotionally or spiritually.

9. Ace of Swords and Eight of Cups: No mental passion.

10. Knight of Swords: No idea.

In summary, it seems that my own passions would be stepped on if I joined with X. Not out of malice or anything, but simply because X has a very strong personality. She might come out ahead but not me.

When counting, I know you can look at the cards around each card to see the elemental dignity, but can you also include the cards in the count itself? So for instance, it counts Queen of Swords, Seven of Cups, The Empress. That would be air, water, earth. So could I interpret those three cards as a group based on that? Based on that the Queen of Swords and Empress seem to be at odds, and the result is Seven of Cups.

Similarly, next is Nine of Wands, Eight of Cups, and Queen of Disks. So that's fire, water, earth. Fire weakens water but earth strengthens it. So the Queen of Disks seems to be contributing to the Eight of Cups energy while the Nine of Wands energy weakens it. Still it is relatively strong though.

Anyway, I know this is long, but any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Awaken to Silence

I think I figured out most of this reading. The only thing I'm still wondering is the purpose of the Knight of Swords in the center after all the pairing is done. The last card remaining is usually the outcome, but it is a bit odd it being a court card. Perhaps it represents me, that I have a choice in what I want to do?

Fianic

From just your four card overvirew:
If you are more adaptable, you will achieve a more satisfactory result. Keep a positive state of mind and things will change. I can't say for sure if "be adaptable" means changing your job or compromise in some way with your colleague.

Onto your card counting:
Overanalysing the situation has caused misunderstanding. You can correct this with affirmative action. Work hard at being loving. It will be a slow process but endure. Counting back to the Nine of Wands stresses that you need to be the one who takes the initiative in this change. The 8 of Cups shows that if you don't, then the situation won't change.

Having a realistic approach will aid in your success. Focus on the work and cooperation will come. Think yourself as a leader of this "dance" between the two of you. You will hwve to take the lead and make this work.

To reiterate, there is much hope for change if you take the initiative to change things. The Knight of Swords suggests swift and immediate action. The previous cards suggest however that change will come over time so you need to be persistent.

The key of the matter is that you must resolve your misconceptions indicated by the 7 of Cups, whatever they are. My analysis is that it is the idea that it will never work out.

Hope this helps.

Awaken to Silence

Thank you for your reply. Replying below:

From just your four card overvirew:
If you are more adaptable, you will achieve a more satisfactory result. Keep a positive state of mind and things will change. I can't say for sure if "be adaptable" means changing your job or compromise in some way with your colleague.

I'm not seeing how you are getting this. Each element in the first three stacks are excessive: fire in fire, water in water, air in air. Then there is death, perhaps the end of the matter at hand, and not an active card to cause any change. Can you please explain how you are getting your interpretation?

Onto your card counting:
Overanalysing the situation has caused misunderstanding. You can correct this with affirmative action. Work hard at being loving. It will be a slow process but endure. Counting back to the Nine of Wands stresses that you need to be the one who takes the initiative in this change. The 8 of Cups shows that if you don't, then the situation won't change.

Having a realistic approach will aid in your success. Focus on the work and cooperation will come. Think yourself as a leader of this "dance" between the two of you. You will hwve to take the lead and make this work.

To reiterate, there is much hope for change if you take the initiative to change things. The Knight of Swords suggests swift and immediate action. The previous cards suggest however that change will come over time so you need to be persistent.

The key of the matter is that you must resolve your misconceptions indicated by the 7 of Cups, whatever they are. My analysis is that it is the idea that it will never work out.

Hope this helps.

Can you also explain all of this? The Queen of Swords consistently counts back to the Queen of Disks, which suggests to me that she is actually the one to take the lead, not me.

Also with the Queen of Disks surrounded by supporting cards, but the Queen of Swords having Nine of Swords with her, it seems like X might enjoy the process while I would be quite frustrated with it to say the least.

Fianic

Thank you for your reply. Replying below:

I'm not seeing how you are getting this. Each element in the first three stacks are excessive: fire in fire, water in water, air in air. Then there is death, perhaps the end of the matter at hand, and not an active card to cause any change. Can you please explain how you are getting your interpretation?

Interesting that you interpret it as excessive. I saw the elements as more or less balanced. Taking the initiative came from the 9 of Wands. To me it was confirmed later.

Can you also explain all of this? The Queen of Swords consistently counts back to the Queen of Disks, which suggests to me that she is actually the one to take the lead, not me.

Also with the Queen of Disks surrounded by supporting cards, but the Queen of Swords having Nine of Swords with her, it seems like X might enjoy the process while I would be quite frustrated with it to say the least.

I didn't interpret the Queen of Disks to be her. Overall I saw the reading as being more about you because her significator isn't here.

The reason why I would argue that the cards are indicating a misunderstanding from your part is because the Queen of Swords has a tendency to see things more negatively than they are, even though she's usually closer to the truth than most people. This is confirmed for me when she counts onto the 7 of Cups. With the 7 of Wands this shows that this can be dealt with if you take action.

I may be wrong. But I have taken the deception in the Moon card to be self generated. Because again it's next to your significator. I took the fact that the other person's significator isn't in this string to mean that this wasn't caused by her.

Hope that clarifies some things.