1889 Oswald Wirth Tarot Pictures in High Resolution (1200dpi)

Ross G Caldwell

Thank you Kenji!

This is really a treat.

The crowned one

Amazing! Thank-you! A dream deck for me, nice to see it at such a high resolution.

roppo

You're great, kenji! The subtle coloring is so attractive.

Rhinemaiden

Kenji... thank you for sharing this beautiful deck!

Sumada

No doubt about it, these are an absolute delight.
Thanks from me too!

Freddie

awesome scans

Thanks,

Freddie

Rhinemaiden

Now that we're all ohh-h-h-h-ing and ahh-h-h-h-ing over the scans of this deck, I'll ask the next logical question... is there a reproduction currently on the market? I love the elegant simplicity of this 1889 deck. It makes the other Wirth decks I've seen look overdone. Tarted up, if you will. ;)

Le Fanu

fabulous scans, thank you!

r.e Rhinemaiden, the answer is no. A definite no.

However, of the tarted up ones, the L'Aigle ones are the nicest, but they don't look like these ones!

Teheuti

Now that we're all ohh-h-h-h-ing and ahh-h-h-h-ing over the scans of this deck, I'll ask the next logical question... is there a reproduction currently on the market? I love the elegant simplicity of this 1889 deck. It makes the other Wirth decks I've seen look overdone. Tarted up, if you will. ;)
There will be a reproduction of the 1889 Wirth deck in the upcoming reprint of Wirth's 1927 book The Tarot of the Magicians (English title), which is coming out this year from RedWheel/Weiser. I've written a long introduction for it. The images will be illustrated in color on the final pages, such that you can cut them out (or scan them) and make your own deck.

You can also do this with Kenji's wonderful scans. Thank you, Kenji.

Mary