Sibilla meanings

mary ventura

I've just recently developed an interest in Sibilla decks and also Lenormand decks. I love my Everyday Oracle. Yesterday I received another deck from Alida, called Sibilla Originale del 1890, published by il Meneghello. The artwork is pretty much the same as the Everyday, but the printing process is different. I like both decks -- each has it's own unique mood.

Here are some scans comparing the two decks. The comparisons are the first 4 pictures in the album.

Sibilla Comparisons

You can see it best if you select size Large or size Original.

Mary V

PS, if you like Lenormand, there's also a pic in that same album showing scans of 4 cards from my Blue Owl Lenormand deck compared with the same 4 cards from my White Owl deck.

canid

I like the Everyday Oracle better, I think. More detail. I haven't been using mine much, now I'm going to have to dig it out...

Bernice

Thank you for posting the link to those comparisons Mary. Love the way you've set up the page :)

Bee :)

mary ventura

Bernice said:
Thank you for posting the link to those comparisons Mary. Love the way you've set up the page :)

Bee :)

Thank you Bee. I've just started with that album, and it will get better as time goes on (with any luck at all).

I really like comparing cards from different decks. I do it with my TdM decks and now with my Sibilla & Lenormand decks. I do it with card meanings too. I have a Sibilla spreadsheet with all the cards listed, and various columns of meanings from various sources. This is totally a left brain thing, and the funny thing is that once I finish the spreadsheet I rarely look at it again, because just the act of gleaning from all these sources seems to paint the meanings onto my brain in wonderful layers. I never try to memorize meanings; my brain doesn't work that way. And I never refer to a book, LWB or whatever, when I'm doing a reading. I might do it later, but the printed word isn't part of my reading process.

Mary V.

Golden Moon

Everyday oracle and il mellgio(spelling) are the same cards?

cardlady22

I thought it (LS Every Day) was a color variant of La Vera Sibilla by Masenghini. Am I wrong?

WolfyJames

cardlady22 said:
I thought it (LS Every Day) was a color variant of La Vera Sibilla by Masenghini. Am I wrong?

No you're right, it's the same deck.

Metafizzypop

What a handy thread. I'm glad I found it.

conurelover

Vera Sibilla

There has been a little more interest in this deck lately and I was wondering if one could learn this deck based purely on what has been discussed in this thread.

I don't know anyone that uses this deck and have seen little on it out there. It looks like daily 5 card draws are common according to facebook?

Could one learn this deck based by the LWB that came in the package?

dancing_moon

I'm learning and using this deck, just starting out though. :) I think the LWB and this thread are a good springboard, but the deck can tell so much more, which opens up with usage and experience. I'm currently experimenting with different spreads, so we can exchange readings and compare notes (I have the LoS Every Day Oracle). ;)