Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks (Expanded Thread)

pippi

Index has been updated to this point! :)

Mystic_Blue_Jay

My first trimmed deck :D

I trimmed my Sun and Moon Tarot deck. I trimmed it because a. when I got the deck more than a month ago, the printers forgot to round off the upper right hand corner of the deck. And b. the borders are just too thick and white.

I usually don't trim my decks. I feel that the border is a part of the card and shouldn't be removed. But in this case, the Sun and Moon tarot looks better and fits in my hand better too. I might round out the corners but I'm not sure. :)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I used a rotary paper trimmer to trim the borders off the cards.

Attachments

• trimsunmoon02.jpg
    trimsunmoon02.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,702
  • sunmoontrim04.jpg
    sunmoontrim04.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,026

pippi

Added the Sun & Moon Tarot to the index. Thanks for posting those. I've been wanting to see this deck trimmed for awhile! :)

AJ

Sun and Moon sure has a pretty back.

I trimmed my Mythic yesterday, differently than the ones above so am sharing an image. I don't mind these soft yellowy borders so left the sides, trimmed the bottoms to the inside border, and top at the line above the title. I like 'em and so much easier to shuffle.

Thank you Pippi, for keeping the index updated!

Attachments

• Mythic Tarot trimmed 001.jpg
    Mythic Tarot trimmed 001.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 636

Mystic_Blue_Jay

pippi said:
Thanks for posting those. I've been wanting to see this deck trimmed for awhile! :)
You're welcome! ;) I decided to trim the corners after all. (They were poking my hands too much while shuffling... probably due to the thick card stock.) Good thing I decided to buy that corner cutter recommended in FaireMaiden's thread.

Here's a scan with the corners trimmed:

Attachments

• sunmoon05.jpg
    sunmoon05.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 314

strings of life

Trimmed Alchemical Tarot: Renewed

I trimmed the borders off of my Trimmed Alchemical Tarot: Renewed.

I still have to sand the cards down with super fine sandpaper since the deck has laminated card stock and I'll trim off any lingering white parts surrounding the cards.

I love how it looks now. The images just pop!

Attachments

• alchemical-renewed-tarot-trimmed.jpg
    alchemical-renewed-tarot-trimmed.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 891

FaireMaiden

The Sun & Moon, Mythical, and Alchemical Renewed all look fabulous!!! Kudos to you all!!!

Cat*

AJ said:
I trimmed my Mythic yesterday, differently than the ones above so am sharing an image. I don't mind these soft yellowy borders so left the sides, trimmed the bottoms to the inside border, and top at the line above the title. I like 'em and so much easier to shuffle.
Interesting trim! It makes the card images appear as if seen through a door. Feels easier to step through for me than a "window" of four (more or less) equal borders.

rwcarter

I have four trimmed decks that I have bought or received from folks here at Aeclectic - Mythic, Voyager, Tavaglione Stairs of Gold and Druidcraft. Wasn't sure if I'd ever get around to trimming a deck myself. I just finished pimping a Rider Waite and was ready for the next thing. Decided to pimp the Tarot Sutra, but first I had to cut off those ridiculous interpretations on the bottom of the cards. One thing lead to another and by the end of the evening I had trimmed the entire deck down to just the image and rounded the corners on all the cards.

It's not perfect, and it's smaller than I really wanted it to be. But it's infinitely more usable than it was before I trimmed it. This is a second deck that I bought expressly to pimp, but I've had my original deck for almost 10 years and have never used it. I'm definitely inclined to use the trimmed deck though! I'm still deciding whether or not I'll pimp it. :)

Rodney

Attachments

• AT Tarot Sutra Fool.jpg
    AT Tarot Sutra Fool.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 597

Le Fanu

Here is my trimmed LoS Classical Tarot. Been meaning to get round to photographing these for ages!

Attachments

• SDC11880.JPG
    SDC11880.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 958
  • SDC11883.JPG
    SDC11883.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 780