Index: Pictures of Trimmed Decks (Expanded Thread)

rwcarter

evelone said:
RW, would you be so kind as to post a picture of the backs of the Tarot Sutra after trimming? This is the one I pimped. I don't know if it's worth all the work of trimming it now, if the backs are still going to be so bottomy. Like to see if yours... got all the cleavage, so to speak.
thanks
Only just saw this. Comparison pic attached.

Attachments

• AT - tarot sutra back comparison.jpg
    AT - tarot sutra back comparison.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 450

Vesper

Thanks for the pics, Rodney. As I suspected it's just Spam with Not So Much Spam in it. Still just awful.

I officially nominate the Tarot Sutra's as the worst card backs ever.

Brigid

Chiska said:
Brigid - could you please post a pic of what the Harmonious backs look like after being trimmed. That is always my biggest concern, for some reason!

Here you go! I really like the look of the backs now. :D

Chiska

Thanks Brigid!

I am one of those symmetry type people - It would drive me batty to have the backs be non-symmetrical. For somebody who is laid back about nearly everything, I can be quite uptight about some things!

It is what holds me back from trimming a deck - if the back is negatively (in my mind) affected, then it would be a disaster to me.

rwcarter

My next trimming project just fell into my hands. A local metaphysical shop is going out of business. This is the last week they're open, and the deck selection was paltry at best, but they had a whole basket of store sample decks. I picked up the Via Tarot and book for $5. The set has a hole punched through it, but at least for the cards, it's in the larger border around the image. So I can trim right to the image and have a perfectly usable version of the deck. I don't mind the size of the deck and have an intact one. But for $5 doing a borderectomy on those ugly gray borders just may make this deck sing.

(I think someone else trimmed the Via. I'll have to look through the thread.)

Pics to come in the next couple of days.

Rodney

Debra

rwcarter said:
A local metaphysical shop is going out of business. This is the last week they're open, and the deck selection was paltry at best, but they had a whole basket of store sample decks. I picked up the Via Tarot and book for $5.

Wow. Five bucks.
RIP local metaphysical shop :(

Cassandra022

Brigid said:
They look FANTASTIC Cassandra!

I'm not familiar with that deck, but I looked up the images before the snip. :)I really like the way they look now. Love that 6 of Swords!

thank you :] I quite like em too and it was fun to do.

I think I've sort of got the 'trimming bug' now...I'm still debating whether to trim the vertical sides of my crystal deck (I prefer keeping borders with the titles on the horizontal ends for now) or keep it as it is since the borders kind of go with that deck...

anyway, tonight Deviantmoon is my project since this deck can def live without the white borders :0

Brigid

Chiska said:
Thanks Brigid!

I am one of those symmetry type people - It would drive me batty to have the backs be non-symmetrical. For somebody who is laid back about nearly everything, I can be quite uptight about some things!

It is what holds me back from trimming a deck - if the back is negatively (in my mind) affected, then it would be a disaster to me.

Yeah, there are some decks that I just wouldn't trim because of the backs being waaay out of sync.
This one as you can see in that second pic is slightly out but I can live with that. :)

strings of life

In addition to antiquing my Steampunk Tarot with an ink pad to take away some of the brightness of of the white card stock in my Glossy version, I trimmed off all of the borders and just left the title at the bottom. It looks amazing! I have a another copy on the way (a Pearlescent with color backs) and may leave that as is, but it is nice to have a version of it free of borders. Even the backs look nice.

It made the deck about an inch smaller width wise and about 3/4 lengthwise.

I also rounded the corners with a small 5mm rounder.

Time to sand down the edges to remove debris ;).

Attachments

• steampunk-tarot-trimmed-1.jpg
    steampunk-tarot-trimmed-1.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 744
  • steampunk-tarot-trimmed-2.jpg
    steampunk-tarot-trimmed-2.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 540

Cassandra022

mentioned this on the steampunk thread i think, but love your trimming aurarcana!

I've kind of gone on a little trimming spree of sorts lately, might post other pics later, but here is my take on trimming the Crystal tarot. Only did the vertical edges because I like having titles on my decks...

Attachments

• crystaltrimmeed0.jpg
    crystaltrimmeed0.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 512