Clients that are convinced they are under a spell

Sandalwood

How do you deal with them? I read as usual & try to point out how to take the personal power back & take action. What is your advice/personal experience?

Thank you :)

nisaba

Every case is different, and needs to be handled differently.

Sandalwood

Thank you for you reply, Nisaba.

I am hoping to get some insight in general guidelines others apply or perhaps an example of how an individual case was handled.

Grigori

Maybe they are under a spell. I'd accept their world view as valid, and then read accordingly. 'What can I do to break this apparent spell I've been under?' Seems a good place to start :)

Apollonia

I begin by reading on the question of whether they are under a spell or not, and then we go from there. But having studied rootwork, I would feel capable of doing something about it if it turned out they had in fact been crossed by someone (and I have seen this with a client or two in my day).

IMO though, it's not good practice to tell someone they are under a spell if you can't help them get clear of it, as it tends to make them feel worse. But it's also not good to just ignore what the client feels is real. So if this is something that doesn't fall within your belief system you may want to locate the name and contact info for a reputable (emphasis on reputable) practitioner who deals routinely with such matters, and refer such clients to her or him.

Sandalwood

I begin by reading on the question of whether they are under a spell or not, and then we go from there. But having studied rootwork, I would feel capable of doing something about it if it turned out they had in fact been crossed by someone (and I have seen this with a client or two in my day).

IMO though, it's not good practice to tell someone they are under a spell if you can't help them get clear of it, as it tends to make them feel worse. But it's also not good to just ignore what the client feels is real. So if this is something that doesn't fall within your belief system you may want to locate the name and contact info for a reputable (emphasis on reputable) practitioner who deals routinely with such matters, and refer such clients to her or him.

Hi Apollonia,

Thanks. Yes. I do have contact information for people that do work with this + I trust & I do suggest their practices in cases like that (does not happen often). But it doesn't fit my reading style & I still focus on empowering the client. So I will not look in my cards for it, but suggest to look at what she/he can do themselves & I am clear on that too.
What is rootwork if I may ask?

Thanks!

Maybe they are under a spell. I'd accept their world view as valid, and then read accordingly. 'What can I do to break this apparent spell I've been under?' Seems a good place to start :)

Thanks for your reply? Have you actually tried that?

Apollonia

Hi Apollonia,

Thanks. Yes. I do have contact information for people that do work with this + I trust & I do suggest their practices in cases like that (does not happen often). But it doesn't fit my reading style & I still focus on empowering the client. So I will not look in my cards for it, but suggest to look at what she/he can do themselves & I am clear on that too.

Thanks!

Hi Sandalwood,

Here's a link to one definition of rootwork, also called hoodoo, from the woman whose course I took:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html#hoodoois

She does a much better job than I could do of describing its origins and practices!

On a different note, in the shamanic theory I was taught, curses may have long standing ancestral or past life origins. In that type of situation, I feel it may be difficult if not outright impossible for the client to do a great deal about it on their own. But of course that is merely my own belief, and to each her own!

Sandalwood

Hi Apollonia,

Thanks!

Hi Sandalwood,

Here's a link to one definition of rootwork, also called hoodoo, from the woman whose course I took:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html#hoodoois

She does a much better job than I could do of describing its origins and practices!

On a different note, in the shamanic theory I was taught, curses may have long standing ancestral or past life origins. In that type of situation, I feel it may be difficult if not outright impossible for the client to do a great deal about it on their own. But of course that is merely my own belief, and to each her own!

Oh wow, that's very interesting! Thank you.
Yes, I do understand your remark about ancestral origins. I once had a girl that clearly had no energy at all & needed medical attention/a check up too & her focus was on spells only. So that's what I meant with pointing out (other) actions being taken. But basically a list with other practisioners is generally sufficient then.

nisaba

Thank you for you reply, Nisaba.

I am hoping to get some insight in general guidelines others apply or perhaps an example of how an individual case was handled.

Well, what is the situation you are facing?