Deck of the Week : Sign-Up Thread : Week 129 : January 18th - January 25thth

toj

That is a good fit Madame Squee. It fits the deck well on many levels.

VGimlet

That is the perfect box for that deck Madame Squee!

I enjoyed the Prairie quite a bit. I even brought it with me to one of my group readings, and it was a pretty popular choice, people had no idea there were so many different decks. :D

Fairy Lights is good so far. I was kind of done with the whole fairy thing, but for some reason I like this one quite a bit.

BodhiSeed

I will be using Le Tarot de Marseille (Fournier Edition) this week...and I may just go with what the pip cards seem to suggest in each reading as they fall instead of trying to work out or follow a system for interpreting them...:)
I think following your own system will probably work better than trying to follow someone else's system. :) (Of course you know I'm a "Go Your Own Way" kind of gal...:p).
I've homed the Prairie Tarot in a hand-tooled, leather-covered wooden box.

I found this box in Manitou Springs a few years back, and I was beginning to think I'd never find THE tarot deck for it.

Halleloo!!!

The Prairie Tarot is a perfect fit!

What a lovely box that seems like it was made just for this deck! (I love the Prairie Tarot. :))

Madame Squee

That is a good fit Madame Squee. It fits the deck well on many levels.

Thank you, toj. This is the first time I've matched a deck with a wooden box, and they feel good together. It could be a trend. :D

Madame Squee

That is the perfect box for that deck Madame Squee!

I enjoyed the Prairie quite a bit. I even brought it with me to one of my group readings, and it was a pretty popular choice, people had no idea there were so many different decks. :D

Fairy Lights is good so far. I was kind of done with the whole fairy thing, but for some reason I like this one quite a bit.
Thank you, VGimlet! It was pure luck that I remembered I bought the box for a tarot deck -- it has been housing stones and crystals for a long time.

I love the Prairie Tarot, too. I grew up watching TV westerns and reading Laura Ingalls Wilder, and the images in this deck appeal to my old notions of the "Old West", which are ingrained and nostalgic. (Does anyone remember The Rifleman?)

My final choice this week was between the Fairy Lights and the Prairie Tarot. It's hard for me to stay away from the Fairy Lights, because it presents the cards in such an appealing and unusual way. I hope you enjoy it!

GryffinSong

I am LOVING working with the Enchanted Tarot. I've had this deck forever. I've always loved the artwork, but have rarely found it to be easy to read. This week its really speaking to me. I'm using it on the iPad, and it really helps that I can zoom the card images.

Chiriku

I've been using my first week of January pick (Voyager Tarot) throughout the month thus far without switching to my other pre-designated "New Year" decks (Navigators Tarot of the Mystic SEA, Wheel of Change, and possibly Sirian Starseed).

Year after year, the Voyager reminds me why it's an old standby that remains used and loved by many. I am comfortably resigned to using it again for this week, if you could add me to the list please, Elendil. Thanks.

Madame Squee

I am LOVING working with the Enchanted Tarot. I've had this deck forever. I've always loved the artwork, but have rarely found it to be easy to read. This week its really speaking to me. I'm using it on the iPad, and it really helps that I can zoom the card images.

The apps from Fool's Dog are amazing! So beautiful and so much fun! I don't have the Enchanted Tarot yet, but I plan to.