Do your decks have different "personalities" ?

nisaba

Perhaps it's not so much that my decks have different personalities, but that different styles of artwork put *me* into different moods or frames of mind when I'm reading, and that influences what *I* (not the decks) do during readings.

Richard

Do your decks have different "personalities"?

Of course decks seem to have different personalities, but this is a subjective impression. As Nisaba said, it depends on the artwork.

For me: the Rider Waite seems fairly neutral; the Marseille (perhaps unwittingly) reflects a resentment of its religious context; the Thoth seems anticipatory of evolutionary change.

If I hate the artwork or card titles in a deck, then it acquires a personality deserving of the flames if hell.

Maan

for me decks do have personalities. Not that the cardboard is alive or anything. Just that the personality of the creator shines true. Thats why i feel i can read some decks better, the view of the creator on life fits me.

For me i find it hard to read with most decks that have been a team effort, sometimes i feel a disconnect. As i do with computer generated art.

RunningWild

I think decks do convey a type of personality. And many times we have personality clashes and I'll avoid using certain decks for that.

There was a time when I would have said I don't care for CGI decks. Except that now, my go-to deck is CGI (Tarot Illuminati) and I get the clearest information from it. When I look at my meager collection, there are several CGI decks among them.

My decks from Baba Studios...

Baroque Bohemain Cats ... "Pay attention to the details, honey."
Victorian Romantic ... "Bring a box of tissues."
Bohemian Gothic ... ok, well right now, the BG just darkly chuckles