The Soul's Journey Lesson Cards by James Van Praagh

practical magic

I am on the fence about these cards. From the not-very-informative picture on the Hay House website they look wonderful, but I don't really know what they're all about. I'm not typically drawn to Hay House decks... mostly because I personally find them fluffy, so I only have two in my collection, and only one I've really used.

If anyone owns this deck any chance you can scan a card or two for me to get an idea of what this deck looks like? Also, if you own this deck, what do you use it for? Do you like it?

avalonian

Thanks for this link! :) they look beautiful but it seems the kind of deck (similar to The Phoenix Deck) where you do the one reading and that's it.

I love the mandalas.

I have just bought this deck and cannot see any similarity with the Phoenix Deck at all(which I think was about past lives?), the booklet does actually recommend a one card draw at the start of each day and also suggests three card and multi card readings.

I feel this will be an excellent deck for answering the question "why is this happening?" when things don't feel too good or aren't going the way we think they should. As an example, there is an "Adversity" card which gives the statement "I accept that challenges are the best way to learn" and then there is a short paragraph that gives more detail.

This deck feels like it will be a great teacher, one that helps us to reconnect with our higher self when our attention gets focussed on the physical world and we fail to see the bigger picture. The colours are wonderful and uplifting, the edges are gilded, it really is quite beautiful and empowering.

It reminds me of that wonderful quote "we are spiritual beings having a human experience", I think this deck will help me to remember that.
:) :) :)

EightWands

Nothing in common but what I meant is that it seemed you would be limited to specialized readings that maybe you would only need to do once or twice. If I'm wrong, that's great, because these cards are beautiful and I'd want to use them all the time.

Melia

This deck feels like it will be a great teacher, one that helps us to reconnect with our higher self when our attention gets focussed on the physical world and we fail to see the bigger picture. The colours are wonderful and uplifting, the edges are gilded, it really is quite beautiful and empowering.

Thanks for your thoughts avalonian. It has just gone on my list of oracle decks to buy.