New to Oracles.

Sasmi

Morning all. I have been reading tarot for a while, and whilst browsing Amazon yesterday I came across the Heart of the Faerie oracle. I got a feeling very much like the one I got when I first saw Druidcraft, my first tarot deck, so I have ordered it
I then made the mistake of coming to this section of the forum, and have just ordered Oracle of Shadow and Light, and am now having to physically restrain myself from going oracle mad with Shapeshifter, Myth and Mermaid and Les Vampire!! What amazing artwork!
So, as a complete newbie, 2 questions. Should I also order Fround's Faerie, or is Heart a perfectly good stand alone deck? And any general advice for a newbie oracle reader??
Oh, and how do I stop ordering decks? So many beautiful cards! Sam.

Melia

Hi Sasmi, I have the Heart of the Fairie Oracle and it's one of my favourite oracle decks. I love it and use it as a stand alone deck. I do have Froud's Fairies (which is a great oracle) but I personally prefer Heart of the Fairie Oracle myself. It's just a personal choice, as others will tell you they prefer Froud's Fairies. I never use the 2 decks together.

Oracle of Shadow and Light is a good deck too, but I personally prefer Lucy Cavendish's Oracle of the Shapeshifters, which works better for me.

It's nice to have a few oracle decks, so don't worry about restraining yourself. I usually try and hold off for several months before buying a deck, then if I still want it, I will buy it. This also gives me time to read reviews and look generally at what others are saying about a deck.

Please come back and give feedback on the Heart of the Fairie Oracle once you've had time to work with it.

2dogs

As for general advice, if you get stuck try pulling a Tarot card for comparison.

ana luisa

Or read Tarot + Oracle. It works like a charm. At first, the oracle cards are used as clarifiers. Later, when you get used to the cards enough, use them exclusively. It also helps to use small spreads. Welcome to the enchanted world of oracles :)

Sasmi

Thank you for the advice. Ana Luisa, thank you for the welcome and the link you sent. It was very interesting and informative. Still waiting for my oracles to arrive. Can't wait, esp for the Froud. Spending all my time on the oracle section here and looking at images on line!! Thanks again, Sam.

Sasmi

Thank you for the advice. Ana Luisa, thank you for the welcome and the link you sent. It was very interesting and informative. Still waiting for my oracles to arrive. Can't wait, esp for the Froud. Spending all my time on the oracle section here and looking at images on line!! Thanks again, Sam.