Oracle Deck Recommendations? Opinions?

Ladyblackbyrd

I've had the burning desire to get a new oracle deck and have been poking around trying to find one that suits me. I have the Fallen Angels Deck and the Deamon Tarot (which has become more of a collector item) but was looking for something a little more light. I am drawn to cards with a darker aesthetic, so really fluffy lighthearted decks don't really appeal to me.

I've been looking at the Les Vampires Oracle Cards but, but while I love the art, feel standoffish using images like this for divination/meditation purposes. A few I am also considering are the Messenger Oracle and the Froud fairy decks, the Heart of Faerie Oracle and the Faerie Oracle.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions!

2dogs

I am also somewhat doreenaphobic. ;) I have got my decks mainly through image searches on what people here have been talking about or have in their profiles. If the books are too fluffy I sometimes just look at the images / keywords or take the basic meaning. Or in the case of the Photographic decks, make up my own meanings based on the images and facts they have on the backs. I've currently got the Sustain Yourself cards on order thinking the nature images and keywords on the cards will probably be sufficient.

theboomz

I just did a search on this forum for a thread regarding Oracle of Visions by Ciry Marchetti, and I found nothing. I didn't find any threads anyway.

I am looking because I wanted to see what others' experiences are with this deck. I just got it and I find it amazing. I'm trying to avoid Doreen as well.

I love this one! It's accurate, scary, and worthwhile as far as self exploration.

AJ

Our own Bhoditree just published another oracle
The companion book is excellent too
http://lojongforthelayperson.blogspot.com/

For divination I think it would do very well for one card draws
For self exploration, all the Statements/Cards will pull something out to think about.

AJ

I just did a search on this forum for a thread regarding
Oracle of Visions by Ciry Marchetti
, and I found nothing. I didn't find any threads anyway.

If that was your search string it has too many words, and here any search with oracle, tarot, deck in the query will time out :)
The name is Ciro.

You might google Oracle of Visions by Ciro Marchetti, it will probably lead you back here to the threads you were looking for

danielnogo

There are two oracles I would recommend, if you like darker material, check out the gods and titans oracle, its awesome! I also really enjoy using the earth magic oracle, its very positive, but not fluffy like Doreen virtue. It will tell you the truth.