HP + lovers = cheating?

intuitivetarot

Wow, thanks everyone for clarifying. I guess it comes down to surrounding cards...say...8/Coins (perfecting a connection) vs. 6/Coins (feeling inferior to the other)? Also, for a pause, wouldn't 7/Coins (crossroads) appear instead of or in addition to HPS?

intuitivetarot

Oh! Doesn't HP usually indicate an unattainable female?? :O

intuitivetarot

Interesting! Does the querent necessarily know how the individual representing HP (if HP isn't the querent) feels? Thanks.

intuitivetarot

Or does it denote a secret admirer of the querent?

LifesALoofah

i see High Priestess as inner knowledge and lovers as choices and a romantic connection...so secretly crushing on someone else and cheating? Like 7/Swords--betrayal and cheating?

Cheating? No, I can't see that in this.

So, you have High Priestess, The Lovers, & 7 of Swords.

Sounds like someone is standing back and observing before making a move. I can agree with what others have mentioned: a secret admirer, a crush, admiring from afar, someone who is unattainable.

The thing is, I don't see cheating in this. If The Lovers is intuited by you as a "choice" then I can definitely seeing it as someone who is trying to decide whether to let someone know their true intentions (High Priestess). High Priestess is knowing things either a lot of people don't know about or self-knowledge (to me). I see it as, this person knows how they feel, but whether or not to act on it (tell someone), is the true question.

If you throw the 7 of Swords in the mix with the picture it has (I'm looking at RW), then I see it as someone who is carefully assessing what they can get away with saying (or not saying) or judging the situation from afar to figure-out costs & benefits. They show someone "stealing" some swords, but, in a combination that you mentioned above, I can also see it as gathering information without someone else knowing (that's sorta stealing, right? lol).

Don't see cheating, though. For me, I'd need some Courts (but, that could just be how my cards & I interact, sooooo, lololol).

So, maybe, the person can see the person as unapproachable, even though they may like them, & they're simply trying to do research on how to approach them about it?

EDIT:

I'm editing this to say, now, I have no clue what situation the querent is in, soooooooooo,... If the HP + Lovers sat together in a reading with someone involved, yes, I could see cheating (in that context). If the person is single, okay, I can see a crush. The Lovers always (for me) has shown someone in already in some type of relationship, but, it doesn't do this for everyone, lol. But, since I automatically took away that the person was single, I didn't see cheating in the mix. My fault.

PAMUYA

Not at all! It all depends on the situation of the sitter. Is the sitter married and having issues with a spouse? Well then, maybe yes, it's cheating OR the person is keeping some other type of secret (he/she married his/her spouse because they felt they couldn't marry the person they really loved?)

BUT if the sitter is single then it might well signal a secret admirer. Someone who is working out how to express their feelings.

The HPS is about secrets and, yes, inner knowledge. She is also about a pause while the person gains information in order to make a decision. The Lovers is about the soul's choice. NOT a choice of romance, passion or practicality, but of one's "soul." That is, a connection between two people that goes above and beyond sexual attraction, soft feelings, or what makes sense.

The HPS's information could make the person say, "Even though I feel I need this person, it just can't be," (it would hurt too many people, or hurt them, or go against some very strongly held beliefs, for example); or "I need this person and having them is worth the risk" (i.e. worth the trouble it might cause for one or both of them). The HPS doesn't change the meaning of the Lover's card. But she does indicate that the person is seeking more and deeper information before acting on the very strong attraction—or hiding it in an attempt to mitigate the damage. Either way, they are probably keeping it secret until they've decided.

For me this is how I would read this(what thirteen wrote) HP + Lovers = cheating? The HP is inner knowledge, a non action card, cheating is what "Worldlings" do, cheating is found in the found in the minors. This card combined with the Lovers is a very profound choice which they are taking very seriously. Not just for them, but for all around them. The HP is not "all about me" HP does not live in our world of duality(you VS me, they VS us). This choice is not of the body, nothing physical, all in the mind. Once you add in other cards, intuition: of course meanings can change. HP is about secrets, but secrets of the universe, our souls, who are we? Not the mundane. With the. HP action has not yet taken place.

Is a thought considered cheating? Or is cheating an action? The term cheating should be explored.

Laurelle

HP does not live in our world of duality(you VS me, they VS us).

Can you expand on this because I see the HP as a card of duality. Here is where I see duality:

Pomegranates are female, while palm trees are masculine.

Also the black and white pillars with B and J written on them is a duality. These pillars remind me of one of the basic hermetic teachings called the "Law of Polarity."

The HP rules over the subconscious, yet everything is actually mentalism. So our subconscious take form in the scroll that she is holding. Again, I see a duality to this.

Even the number 2 means duality or duplication.

Holly doll

HP - she's unattainable in this manner too - she makes you EARN your place in her life by using her intuition to decide if you are trustworthy or worth her time & then getting to know you, rather than allowing someone to wander in & make themselves at home - it's HER choice (The Lovers). It's like someone telling you they are your friend when you have only met them once - are they really; even though you hardly know them...?

If you look at the card, usually between the pillars is a veil - to me it represents what she doesn't want you to know - not because she's manipulative; but because it is a boundary for her privacy... Pretty much the opposite of the Empress who tends make things welcoming & cosy for new arrivals ;)

The HP is where the polarities & dualities meet - the complement with the Hierophant

PAMUYA

Can you expand on this because I see the HP as a card of duality. Here is where I see duality:

Pomegranates are female, while palm trees are masculine.

Also the black and white pillars with B and J written on them is a duality. These pillars remind me of one of the basic hermetic teachings called the "Law of Polarity."

The HP rules over the subconscious, yet everything is actually mentalism. So our subconscious take form in the scroll that she is holding. Again, I see a duality to this.

Even the number 2 means duality or duplication.

Of course you see her as duality, you live in it. Our language is dualistic, it is the only way for you and all of us to try to understand, unless enlightened. The HP can see beyond dualism, she knows and see things we cannot see, like how we and the universe are interconnected. She has the wisdom and insight of emptinesss. We do not see things as they actually exist, we see things through our distorted lenses of the inherently existent "I". The HP meaning is so deep, we just scratch the surface.