The De-Enabling Thread

euripides

To me it just isn't a real Tarot. Unless you live on the Planet of Women or something. If you're gonna have goddesses, you need gods. IMHO. Well I like men, you know. On various levels. I think a deck needs to be able to address a very broad range of situations.

Write a wishlist and give it space and time before you start collecting. Half of my first wishlist I no longer like. Admittedly I now have an obscenely long wishlist...

Annabelle

I have the Goddess tarot.

And here's the awful thing about it, in my humble opinion - all the Kings look like women with false beards on. It's just . . . absolutely dreadful.

Why not just rename the Kings and depict them as normal women? Or just draw them properly as men? Ugh.

Debra

Your Beloved Decks....

Annabelle said:
I have the Goddess tarot.

And here's the awful thing about it, in my humble opinion - all the Kings look like women with false beards on. It's just . . . absolutely dreadful.

Why not just rename the Kings and depict them as normal women? Or just draw them properly as men? Ugh.

Well thanks a lot, Annabelle--I never did know why I liked the majors but not the minors in the Goddess Tarot. This is the answer. Women with fake beards.

Apocalipstick

Debra said:
Women with fake beards. Now I'll have to trade away that deck!
The Bearded Lady tarot!? Did I hear that correctly? And you wish to trade, you say?

I'm feeling my resolve melt away. This is not good.

Though that Planet of Women comment was hilarious. I should ponder that, since it's one big reason I wouldn't really be able to read with the deck.

And it has ugly borders. Sigh. AT has corrupted me.

lilangel09

So, I'm considering buying the Baroque Bohemian Cat's Tarot (2nd ed.) and the Fantastical Menagerie Tarot. Moreso the former. But I just bought the LS Manga Tarot, and I don't want to bother my mom with buying 2 more decks (costing at least $30-$40 together) when I probably won't get to knowing the Manga until next month. But I am a sucker for pretty art, if you guys don't de-enable me, at least give me a reason to delay my buying of the decks.

euripides

dress your cat, or a friend's cat, up in baby doll clothes and note their expression. Their utter disgust (or possibly fury, watch out for unsheathed claws) should pretty much cure you of the desire for any deck which features cats in human clothing.

gregory

euripides said:
dress your cat, or a friend's cat, up in baby doll clothes and note their expression. Their utter disgust (or possibly fury, watch out for unsheathed claws) should pretty much cure you of the desire for any deck which features cats in human clothing.
Doesn't work for me. Soon I will have all three versions (oops, wrong thread....)

Emily

gregory said:
Doesn't work for me. Soon I will have all three versions (oops, wrong thread....)

Bad gregory, very very bad. LOL :p

rosesred

Actually, that argument doesn't quite work for me, since the BBC is a collage, not pictures of real dressed up cats. "No cats suffered" and all that.

However, the BBC, while beautiful, does not work for me. It clearly is a collage deck, and I like my cards to be more integrated. My friend loves this deck, because she's totally into all the little details. Me, I'm more of a general overview kind of person, and that overview just isn't as good as in some other decks. If you're like me, maybe don't get the deck. However, the execution is really, really gorgeous, so if you don't mind the collage look, and love details, I can't really deenable :)

Jewel

lilangel09 said:
So, I'm considering buying the Baroque Bohemian Cat's Tarot (2nd ed.) and the Fantastical Menagerie Tarot, if you guys don't de-enable me, at least give me a reason to delay my buying of the decks.
De-enable or delay on baba decks???? *ROFLMAO* .... ~runs out of the thread laughing and over to the baba store again~