Looking for tree of life book recommendations

Richard

Qabalah is not a body of knowledge, it is a method of thinking - Dion Fortune

:)
However, she is careful to make clear that her book is about Hermetic Qabalah, not the traditional Kabbalah of Jewish mysticism. :)

GnosticTarotCards

Sadhu is your best find yet. He was a Martinist and wrote good books. The meditation lessons far surpass PF Case. I say that as a BOTA member for years. Case goes off 19th century OGD which places Fool at 0 and Aleph. They attribute the path connecting KTR and ChMH which I wont comment on. If you want to follow OGD read gareth knights qabbalistic symbollism. if you prefer the earlier Continental system stay with Sadhu. I prefer Sadhu butthose are really good places to start your path.
Remember

the tree of life is internal to every human being, as a subtle body it has dynamics that work with the paths

treedog

Sadhu is your best find yet.... If you want to follow OGD read gareth knights qabbalistic symbollism.

Tim,

Thanks again for your comments and suggestions. I read many of the interviews about Knight's book on Amazon and now have a used copy in my "saved" list at Abe Books. Some people thought him a bit bigoted....hmm.

The Sadhu I purchased was so old that the spine cracked and pages fell out when I opened it so I'm getting a replacement and will hang on to it for later exploration.

I'm not as insecure about exploring other systems as I was just a while ago, but I still feel that I need a fairly solid foundation with OGD. That being said, I'm interested in what you and Christine are doing. I'll check in when the time is right.

Richard

......They attribute the path connecting KTR and ChMH which I wont comment on......
I know this refers to an attribution of the Path joining Sephirah 1 and 2, but I don't understand the rest of the sentence. For example, who are "they?" And how does one "attribute" without an attribution? "Attribute" is a transitive verb which requires a direct object.
.....if you prefer the earlier Continental system stay with Sadhu.....
Earlier should be more authentic, I suppose. :rolleyes: