Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Wrong Men Spread

  > Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads


 
haleyw's Avatar
haleyw  haleyw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,309
haleyw 
Citizen

haleyw's Avatar
Wrong Men Spread


My whole life, I have met and been attracted to and attracted the same type of men; weak, emotionally immature and I think, ones that are quite intimated by me. This has led to endless heartache and I need to take action to make it stop. I have created this spread and would really love to hear any thoughts/opinions/suggestions, before I do a reading with it.

1....2....3....4....5

Why do I keep attracting this type of man?

What is the lesson I need to learn from this?

What action can I take to stop this from happening?

How do I use this in my everyday life?

The outcome when I overcome this?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #1
SunnyBee  SunnyBee is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 04 Feb 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 1,266
SunnyBee 
Citizen

That sounds like a great idea. Will try it out tonight!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #2
haleyw's Avatar
haleyw  haleyw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,309
haleyw 
Citizen

haleyw's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBee View Post
That sounds like a great idea. Will try it out tonight!
Thank you. I'm going to try it now and post it in Your Readings, so feel free to have a look.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #3
Eva4's Avatar
Eva4  Eva4 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Aug 2015
Location: Northern California, USA
Posts: 2,554
Eva4 
Citizen

Eva4's Avatar

The thing with spreads like these is that I feel they aren't specific enough, because there are so many dimensions to an action. An outer action vs inner action, an external source versus internal. Sure, there is a card that comes up once in a while that is quite specific with the type of action to take, i.e., the Hermit for you to go within, or King of Wands to take action outside of yourself. Maybe instead of asking why do I keep attracting this type of man" maybe you could say: "what I am doing that opens the door for these men to keep coming in...etc." I think maybe you want to ask these questions in a way that allows you to feel more empowered and in control of the situation. Just my 2 cents.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #4
haleyw's Avatar
haleyw  haleyw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,309
haleyw 
Citizen

haleyw's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva4 View Post
The thing with spreads like these is that I feel they aren't specific enough, because there are so many dimensions to an action. An outer action vs inner action, an external source versus internal. Sure, there is a card that comes up once in a while that is quite specific with the type of action to take, i.e., the Hermit for you to go within, or King of Wands to take action outside of yourself. Maybe instead of asking why do I keep attracting this type of man" maybe you could say: "what I am doing that opens the door for these men to keep coming in...etc." I think maybe you want to ask these questions in a way that allows you to feel more empowered and in control of the situation. Just my 2 cents.
Thanks Eva. That makes sense. You can tell it's pretty much the first one that I've created can't you. When I went to do a reading with it 10 minutes ago, something stopped me. I'm going to have more of a think on it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #5
CosmicBeing's Avatar
CosmicBeing  CosmicBeing is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Nov 2015
Location: Where trees sing a melody
Posts: 6,215
CosmicBeing 
Citizen

CosmicBeing's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyw View Post
My whole life, I have met and been attracted to and attracted the same type of men; weak, emotionally immature and I think, ones that are quite intimated by me. This has led to endless heartache and I need to take action to make it stop. I have created this spread and would really love to hear any thoughts/opinions/suggestions, before I do a reading with it.

1....2....3....4....5

Why do I keep attracting this type of man?

What is the characteristic of these men/women (depending on sexuality/preference)?

What belief system do these men/women carry about relationship?

What belief system do I carry about relationships?

How does my belief & their belief about relationships align and misaligned? (2 cards)

What is the lesson I need to learn from this?

How do I use this in my everyday life?

The outcome when I overcome this?
(could interchange this question with: What will be the outcome with me being conscious of this belief system I carry?
Could add question like these... the action question I would remove because action doesn't always change things...if we carry the same belief we unconsciously start acting base on the belief whether we realize it or not.

Think challenging the belief system and going against it can change it....just it's easy to fall into an old belief system when something bad happens.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #6
Eva4's Avatar
Eva4  Eva4 is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 16 Aug 2015
Location: Northern California, USA
Posts: 2,554
Eva4 
Citizen

Eva4's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBeing View Post
Could add question like these... the action question I would remove because action doesn't always change things...if we carry the same belief we unconsciously start acting base on the belief whether we realize it or not.

Think challenging the belief system and going against it can change it....just it's easy to fall into an old belief system when something bad happens.
A very solid improvement to the spread, Cosmic. I like that. By the way, I need to PM you!!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #7
CosmicBeing's Avatar
CosmicBeing  CosmicBeing is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 12 Nov 2015
Location: Where trees sing a melody
Posts: 6,215
CosmicBeing 
Citizen

CosmicBeing's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva4 View Post
A very solid improvement to the spread, Cosmic. I like that. By the way, I need to PM you!!
kk deleting messages

Be interesting to see someone use this spread...think it's a great idea after a break up or whatever
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #8
haleyw's Avatar
haleyw  haleyw is offline
Citizen
 
Join Date: 14 Aug 2010
Location: London
Posts: 6,309
haleyw 
Citizen

haleyw's Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicBeing View Post
Could add question like these... the action question I would remove because action doesn't always change things...if we carry the same belief we unconsciously start acting base on the belief whether we realize it or not.

Think challenging the belief system and going against it can change it....just it's easy to fall into an old belief system when something bad happens.
Love this! Thanks so much CB, I'll alter it.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #9


 


 


Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.