Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

78 Career Choices

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Spreads

Citizen

ahimsa666 
Citizen

Talking excellent spread

I'm going to try a reading for me and then for my boyfriend,and then for my brother and I'm very curious what it is going to say about my mum.Maybe I'll even do one reading for my sister who's in Spain now :-) or maybe even for my father who...welll...I don't know what-so maybe I'll see what's been going on in his life since I last saw him :]
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #11
Citizen

ahimsa666 
Citizen

hmmm

There's no translator...:-( So what am I gonna do with that? When I do the reading(or readins) I'll tell you about the results...However,I don't know what I'm gonna do with that translator's job...It probably fits into one of the categories...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #12
Citizen

vernissage 
Citizen

One of my friends sees The Star place-wise as a hospital, since she works at one -- so she believes The Star would be a good representation of a nurse or doctor.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #13
Citizen

afrosaxon 
Citizen

Thumbs down not thrilled with this spread

I tried this spread and it was not that accurate...also, since I read with reversals, the spread didn't address such (and when I looked at the upright positions, it didn't seem to fit unless I went back to the lesson of the previous card -- and even that was hit or miss).

This spread (and the "career assignments" ) are pretty broad and don't seem to take into account things such as educational requirements and whatnot. I wouldn't try this with an actual querent.

I'm not impressed. Thank you for sharing, though, Shy Priestess, and I'm glad it seemed to work for you.

T.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #14
Citizen

Lula Jing 
Citizen
Talking

I had forgotten all about this...

On reflection, I think it's probably more of a fun type thing... in a way, it did give me some new angles on the cards and their possible meanings at the time, which I agree are somewhat broad-brush for career options.

Maybe it would be better for simply brainstorming ideas... for someone who really has no clue about what they want to do and wants to start off by exploring some fun options. E.g. Prime Minister could more realistically translate to an interest in politics... etc.

But hey - thanks for reminding me of one of my sillier moments here...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #15
Citizen

celticnoodle 
Citizen

I realized it was more for a fun thing, but it did get me to thinking, what 'career' would you assign each of the major arcana? I think I'll have to start a new thread on this, as it is not appropriate here. but, this initial post did get me to wondering. look for the thread to be posted, after I get a chance to go through each major arcana and see what career I think would be assigned to each. thanks for the idea there, Shy Priestess.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #16
Citizen

Lula Jing 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticnoodle
...look for the thread to be posted, after I get a chance to go through each major arcana and see what career I think would be assigned to each. thanks for the idea there, Shy Priestess.
Look forward to seeing that... sounds like a good idea for a new thread.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #17
Citizen

Lula Jing 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinduction
Which career choices best suit my Body/Mind/Spirit? Knave Swords - intelligence agent
Had I been born a male this would have been it.
Have you never heard of Clarice Starling (Silence of the Lambs?)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #18
Citizen

Onaorkal 
Citizen

I thought the concept behind this spread was interesting, so I gave it a try.

Like others before me, I found that some cards resonated with the suggestions provided and some not at all. I drew 3 cards for each question by the way.

Instead I decided to use my intuition applied to the imagery or general meaning of the card to see what careers could be related to each card and then it made much more sense.
For example I think the Moon representing only space-related jobs was a bit too narrow.
It can be so many other things! Astrology, female/mother-related jobs, night-shift job, etc.
There is a lot going on with this card, a lot of symbolism. So doing it that way might yield better results I think.

I'm still glad I tried it and won't hesitate to use it again with friends and relatives, or for other questions I might have. Thanks for sharing it with us.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #19
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Tanga 
Aspiring Mystical Crone

Sounds like fun Lula Jing

I've taken it away to try...
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.