Death and Queen of Wands?.......

Polyhymnia

Hi all.

I haven't posted in a very long time, or read my cards for that matter. My friends are going through a terrible time in their marriage and I felt drawn to read for them. He is torn between his wife, the grounding force and the "other woman", who can (perhaps??) offer him change in form of consciousness, which is what he seeks. So I laid out 4 cards for each "relationship". The question; what will the future of a relationship be with "the other woman" if he leaves his wife (4 cards) and what will the future be if he stays with his wife (4 cards). The last card for "other woman" was the Death card, clarificator the Queen of Wands. I am not sure what this means. Can anyone pitch in here? The cards in her spread were 8 pentacles, 2 pentacles, The Fool, Death/ (clarificator Q Wands)

The 8oP suggests the "apprenticeship", toward the supposed common goal. (As I know more detail) For him it is her ability to take him to the beyond, for her to "have him". He does not want (initially) a sexual relationship, she does. The 2oP says to me that on the surface it can work, but there are obstacles to overcome, this brings with it it's own agitation and confusion. The Fool says to me that should he go to her it is a decision made in a state of intoxication, wrought from extravagance and folly. Misguided and blinded by his false perception of the QoW.

Is the Death card indicative of altered state of consciousness which he seeks, Q Wands (her) being the enabler? Or will their relationship end (Death) as she is not the person he thinks she is ... jealousy, deceit, infidelity (which are attributes she has already shown!)

Perhaps I am biased, but I can not see a happy ending here. For me he may find some of that which he seeks, but at a great cost to him.

I would really appreciate any help you can give me with interpreting these cards.
Thanking you in advance

Thirteen

Moderator Note: YOUR INTERPRETATIONS?

Greetings Polyhymnia,

We urge you to read the new and improved Using Tarot Card rules. I presume they've changed since the last time you posted.

Our rules now are that (1) You can't list more than half the reading, so in listing 4 out of 8 cards, you're at the maximum. Please don't add any more. (2) ANY card you name YOU MUST INTERPRET before anyone else can help you.

Please edit your post to either remove the cards you don't need help with, or to interpret ALL the cards you listed. So how did you read 8/Pents, 2/Pents and Fool cards?

For UTC rules (and rules for Your Readings as well, which also might have changed since you posted last), see here:
UTC: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=204174
Your Readings: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=211635

~POSTERS PLEASE HOLD OFF RESPONDING TILL POLYHYMNIA PROVIDES INTERPRETATIONS FOR ALL CARDS LISTED~

Thank you,
Thirteen co-moderator Using Tarot Cards

EmceeDirector

Hi Polyhymnia,
I laid out the cards that I have (Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus).
The eight of disks shows patience...an ability to wait to see if what
he is looking for will develop. The thing about this card is there are
times that waiting for an answer is what we need to do, but in other cases
sometimes the wait is the answer. The two of disks suggests there is change
that will need to take place, regardless of his decision. The fool suggests the
new energy he feels to begin anew, combined with the death card that signifies
that an ending is needed. For me the Queen of Cups as the clarification card, suggests
that the "other woman" will be able to provide him with the love he is looking for.
Does that help at all?
Emcee

Polyhymnia

Hi Polyhymnia,
I laid out the cards that I have (Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus).
The eight of disks shows patience...an ability to wait to see if what
he is looking for will develop. The thing about this card is there are
times that waiting for an answer is what we need to do, but in other cases
sometimes the wait is the answer. The two of disks suggests there is change
that will need to take place, regardless of his decision. The fool suggests the
new energy he feels to begin anew, combined with the death card that signifies
that an ending is needed. For me the Queen of Cups as the clarification card, suggests
that the "other woman" will be able to provide him with the love he is looking for.
Does that help at all?
Emcee

Thank you Emcee. Yes he has been patient, or more like long in coming to his decision to leave his wife. He however is not leaving for love of the other woman, rather love of the powers she professes to be able to share with him. Yes, there is need for much change from the OW, and from him, for her, no doubt..... or it will not work at all! It is a new energy he seeks, but he will have to leave behind everything he has worked for (Death card perhaps?) Perhaps it was a typo on your part? the Queen is the Queen of Wands. So perhaps QoW will be able to provide him with that which he seeks, but at the cost of everything! And perhaps he needs to keep her at arms length, as she (QoW) is someone that does not like commitment, prefers to be in the adoring limelight.

EmceeDirector

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I thought it was supposed to be the Queen of Cups.
My bad. But yes...the inability to be tied-down and committed is going to be an issue that your male friend is not going to be able to change. I see an end is in sight. For me, it would definitely show a need for the marriage to end; regardless of whether he leaves his wife for the other woman or not. Despite the choice, he deserves better.

Polyhymnia

Thanks for pointing out my mistake. I thought it was supposed to be the Queen of Cups.
My bad. But yes...the inability to be tied-down and committed is going to be an issue that your male friend is not going to be able to change. I see an end is in sight. For me, it would definitely show a need for the marriage to end; regardless of whether he leaves his wife for the other woman or not. Despite the choice, he deserves better.

Thanks Emcee. I think my post is so long it is confusing :/ The cards are for the other woman. (The cards for the wife are fabulous) I agree he definitely does not deserve the repercussions of leaving his wife for this other woman... Alas the pull for him to "reach the other side" is soo strong that he probably will abandon everything in his belief that this woman can help him. Sad day it will be. I see it ending in tears.

EmceeDirector

I'm so sorry that it is happening. It's very hard
to be in a position where you are watching this all happen.
I wish you and your friends the best!!
Peace and Love,
Emcee

Polyhymnia

Quoted from General Book of Tarot... A.E. Thierens ;
Death certainly is only relative and the death of the form may mean the commencement of life on another plane. Birth down here may be seen as a sort of death of a higher existence. "The veil and mask of life is perpetuated in change, transformation and passage from lower to higher . . ." (Waite) Higher to lower as well. Waite shows the figure on horseback, which is not inadequate for the ruler of Capricorn, which succeeds to Sagittarius: action and definition in space and time are born from thought. ". . . perpetual rebirth of the Being in the domain of Time." (Papus)

Quoted from Pictorial Key to the Tarot ... A.E Waite
The natural transit of man to the next stage of his being either is or may be one form of his progress, but the exotic and almost unknown entrance, while still in this life, into the state of mystical death is a change in the form of consciousness and the passage into a state to which ordinary death is neither the path nor gate. The existing occult explanations of the 13th card are, on the whole, better than usual, rebirth, creation, destination, renewal, and the rest.

The Q of Wands drawn as clarification, I believe, definitely symbolises her (the other woman). She professes to have the ability to take him to the other side of here and now. He has been on a path to access this. Which is why he believes he needs to leave everything he has accomplished in this plane, to go in pursuit of "his calling".

Therefore I wonder if it is possible that the death card symbolises that which he searches, only not a death as we know it, but still being present, and living in an other form on another plane? And she, QofW is his enabler? Or do we read the cards as relationship will come to an end by her hand, her inablility to commit. Or perhaps it's the two? She takes him a certain distance on his quest and then abandons him due to boredom and searching greener pastures elsewhere?