When is a court card you?

acquario

Just wondering how you all see this... when do you interpret a court card to reflect you - if you read for yourself, or for the querent, if reading for somebody else? How do you know this? Is it just intuitive for you?

The court cards confuse me mostly because of this. When are they me, when somebody else?

In my readings for myself I usually take them to mean other people because I feel, what is the necessity to show me anyway, the reading is for me, I am there. One exception of course is if I am asking something like "what do I need to work on in my own self?" but apart from that.

spinnachie

For me it depends on what the querant has based their question on...and then from there I use my intuition for guidance and see what it feels like.

I do agree with you though, the court cards are always so difficult for me...I find that because they have this stigma as being difficult...it makes it harder to interpret them when they show up in a reading...and I feel like that causes a barrier, at least that's the case for me

barefootlife

I almost never (unless it's crazy, hella obvious) take any particular card to be 'me' or someone else. In my reading, the idea of the court cards is to take their particular traits and apply it to the situation. For example, in the CC, if I pull the Queen of Swords as the crossing card, my first instinct would be to say that what's crossing me is the 'attitude' of the card. I'm not looking at things logically and maybe not putting my foot down re: a lousy situation, or maybe I'm being too logical and cold instead of trusting my instinct. Depends on the reading. In the minor arcana, many of the numbered cards describe 'situations', and courts describe 'attitudes'. But my reading style is very querent-focused (what does the sitter need to know, what action do they need to take, etc), so ymmv quite a bit. It does take the pressure off trying to identify 'who' a court card may be, though, and makes things more organic, at least in my opinion.

@rtemouri

I also get confused sometimes but after a while i understood that it depends of the reading or the other people involved in a situation.For example when i'm in love and ask about a love interest i had several times the queen of cups and this indicated me and the way i feel about this person.In other readings i usually have the queen of swords.I think it's more about traits and qualities and what's your role in the situation.I agree with barefootlife.

MadeiraDarling

Depends on my instincts to be honest, like there are some court cards that I have some connection to (Queen of Cups is my usual) but they can be attitudes as well as people and like.. to whom that attitude or role belongs varies, it depends on context and the rest of the reading and my feelings

nisaba

Just wondering how you all see this... when do you interpret a court card to reflect you -

Never. The might have messages for me about how to conduct myself, but they don't just represent me. A card that just wasted a position in a spread to say "this is you", is doing exactly that: wasting a position in a spread where more valuable information about the situation and how to get the best of it could be given to you instead.

acquario

For me it depends on what the querant has based their question on...and then from there I use my intuition for guidance and see what it feels like.

I do agree with you though, the court cards are always so difficult for me...I find that because they have this stigma as being difficult...it makes it harder to interpret them when they show up in a reading...and I feel like that causes a barrier, at least that's the case for me

Yes, this is what I have been doing also. It's not so much of a problem when reading for others but confusing when reading for myself. Recently I feel more and more that they indicate other people around me.

One thing I have done is to ask is my feelings around a specific court card to see if that will give me more insight into who or what they refer to. This has helped me some.

acquario

I almost never (unless it's crazy, hella obvious) take any particular card to be 'me' or someone else. In my reading, the idea of the court cards is to take their particular traits and apply it to the situation. For example, in the CC, if I pull the Queen of Swords as the crossing card, my first instinct would be to say that what's crossing me is the 'attitude' of the card. I'm not looking at things logically and maybe not putting my foot down re: a lousy situation, or maybe I'm being too logical and cold instead of trusting my instinct. Depends on the reading. In the minor arcana, many of the numbered cards describe 'situations', and courts describe 'attitudes'. But my reading style is very querent-focused (what does the sitter need to know, what action do they need to take, etc), so ymmv quite a bit. It does take the pressure off trying to identify 'who' a court card may be, though, and makes things more organic, at least in my opinion.

I have done this also, take the card to show an attitude around the issue. But one reason why I am asking here is that I have had lots of court cards insisting on showing up in my readings and then after a few weeks I have come across a person like that though I initially felt this card was telling me something about myself. This is what prompted me to ask the question here. I don't like to feel so in the dark about a card that keeps showing up. I mean it shows up to have me understand it.

acquario

I also get confused sometimes but after a while i understood that it depends of the reading or the other people involved in a situation.For example when i'm in love and ask about a love interest i had several times the queen of cups and this indicated me and the way i feel about this person.In other readings i usually have the queen of swords.I think it's more about traits and qualities and what's your role in the situation.I agree with barefootlife.

I often have the court cards give an indication of the type of star sign element a person is, fire, earth, water or air. But it is not 100% of course. Or of course they will just give the specific personality traits of that person or their role in a situation. But lately I have just started feeling that a queen in a reading just is never me.

acquario

Depends on my instincts to be honest, like there are some court cards that I have some connection to (Queen of Cups is my usual) but they can be attitudes as well as people and like.. to whom that attitude or role belongs varies, it depends on context and the rest of the reading and my feelings

Yes, I do the same. I just feel that I have been wrong often lately - about my readings for myself that is - so I wanted to check how others do this. Some court cards I feel little connection to because they have represented people I feel no connection to and then it seems to spill over onto that card, but it has still been reflecting me in the reading. So then I feel my intuition has been off and I have an emotional attachment to that card that is slightly off. But this happens only when I read for myself.