Regarding Long Distance Tarot Readings

sammyofnyc

Hi Everyone,

This is Sam and as you may know already I have several oracles cards and 1 tarot deck called the Quest Tarot which I really like a lot.

Well my question pertains to readings. Now of course I know that generally speaking the querent or the person asking for the reading should touch the cards and shuffle them. Every LWB says that. And the purpose of course is for the querent to impart his or her energy to the cards so that cards will respond to them although the reader is supposed to do the interpretation and perhaps provide some positive words of wisdom.

My question concerns remote or long distance readings. If you are reading for someone that is unable to touch/shuffle the cards let's say because they are based in another city or state for example and you do a reading for them and you send the results let's say by email, since the querent did not touch the cards is the reading really accurate for that person?

Can you really trust the results of the reading? I thought that it was the energy given off by the querent when they shuffled the cards and concentrated on their question (s) which made the cards reveal what is in store for the querent.

I know many people would say well a long distance reading is better than having nothing at all and I suppose that is true but I don't think that really addresses this issue in a substantial manner and provides an answer which I consider convincing. In my mind energy and the vibrations given off, especially through touch, is very powerful. The cards like crystal are receptors of this energy and respond to the energy of person touching it. In my mind this process is crucial. Am I correct in saying this? Or does it really matter at all?

This question has always bothered me. I hope someone can share their wisdom with me and other people in this wonderful forum regarding this question.

Thanks to everyone for your help...

Sam

celticnoodle

Welcome to AT, Sam! :)

I do quite a lot of long distance readings. in fact, did one tonight for a client, who replied soon after I sent it to her to tell me how accurate it seemed, and she will continue to keep me posted for the future that was included. She is a repeat customer, and the great majority are done via email--as we live hundreds of miles apart. however, occassionally when I am visiting in her area, I will meet up with her for a face to face. no matter how the reading is--long distance or face to face, the reading seems to be pretty much the same as far as accuracy goes.

this is not my only long distance client--as I have many others. in fact, the majority of my clients are long distance ones. I did a reading a month ago, and just hung up about an hour ago with that client, who called to tell me again how accurate my reading has been, (I did a 3mos. general reading for her). this is someone I do talk to on a regular basis--but since it was a future and general reading, it is still pretty good to get fb that my predictions w/the cards are so accurate!

besides this--if you think about it, the readings we do for each other here on AT are also considered 'long distance' readings. our fellow AT'ers are from all over the world, and we really do not know each other, though you'll find that many of us both receive and give very accurate readings to each other!

so, yes, it is very possible to do so, and I know first hand - as both the giver of such and the receiver of such readings too! :)

actually, i must say, I'm generally more at ease giving the readings by long distance for those clients then I am for the ones face to face. I'm more at ease really--and feel I personally do give a much better reading that way.

Baroli

We have the reading exchanges and one in particular that comes to mind is the Newbie reading circle exchange. It's really a great place to learn and hone your readings some. I have as well as quite a few others have been doing long distance readings for,....well forever it seems. They are reliable and really a way a lot of us make a living.

I have yet to have a complaint. Go ahead try it, it's fun. Face to face of course is the gold standard, but these days with computers and phones and smoke signals, long distance readings is a great way to read. Let's you really reach out and "touch" someone. lol

Btw, been reading for a really long time and as far as energy transference to the cards,....yeah I'm with ya on that, but try stretching your mind out some. This might require that you put down the LWB and/or any other book you may be using for interpretation and really look at the cards. Don't have a brain fart while doing it, just relax, look at the cards and write down what you are getting, you might be surprised,.....you may be right on the money. Practice with the exchanges here. They really are very helpful.

Baroli :)

bigcaat

Most of what I do is distance readings. I've done them so much, I've even gotten to the point I don't like having people touch my cards much anymore!

Remember that the cards are nothing but a tool. Trust them. Trust yourself. The real reading is coming from your own energy connecting with theirs telepathically.

If you are connected to their energy while you are shuffling the cards, and you are focused on them and their question, as you have them focusing as well, there should be no difference in the accuracy between you shuffling the cards, or them.

If it concerns you, what friend of mine does is shuffle and then tells them, "Tell me when to stop." I don't personally use this method, but I can certainly see why some people would like it.

Caat

olivia1

sammyofnyc said:
My question concerns remote or long distance readings. If you are reading for someone that is unable to touch/shuffle the cards let's say because they are based in another city or state for example and you do a reading for them and you send the results let's say by email, since the querent did not touch the cards is the reading really accurate for that person?

Sam

Hi Sam,
Sure it is :) as long as the person is open to you reading them, that's all the energy you need to read them accurately--they don't have to physically touch the deck to be in the same room. Just take a look at Reading Exchange section of the forum where people accurately read for one another from across continents.

.traveller.

I always thought that the mechanics of having the sitter touch/shuffle/cut the cards was mostly for the purpose of engaging them in the reading process. It's as if, by physically handling the cards, the process of having a reading becomes more real for them. Of course there are some people I will not allow to touch my cards, but I also will not read for them so it is a moot point.
Reading long distance is easier on my nerves, but there are advantages to F2F readings too... distance has not proven a barrier to giving a good reading in either case.

Sinduction

I do long distance readings a lot and sometimes the person I'm reading about doesn't know I'm reading about them. I even read about dead people.

The person definitely does not need to touch your deck unless you think they do. This is something that will hold you back if you think it can.

Does that make sense?

Golden Moon

Hello Sammy, What works best for me is seeing a picture of the person that I'm going to read for, or just hearing their voice. Other than that, I'm ok. :)

Tharivol

Haven't had any issues with distance readings. In fact, they seem a little easier because 'm not fumbling for words.

shadowdancer

HI Sam :)

Most of my readings are internet readings (approaching 350 reading mark now for online) and it hasn't proved a problem.

I sort of know when to stop shuffling, then I just dowse with a pendulum to double check.

Good luck

Davina