"Pimp my Rider!"

AJ

dollar store's were long thin striping brushes, worked marvelous on Isis's feathers this morning.

I looked online at the Fantastic Menagerie images this morning, that would be a deck where I think subdued details would work best and make it a knockout. Or even some chalk effects with fixative afterward?

Shadowdancer, in 25 years all our decks will be out of print, should we not enjoy any of them in any way we see fit? I refuse to be held hostage to $$'s, particularly nebulous future dollars.

kmartin60

Ohhh Im now gathering a drawer just for possible pimp decks..."Fantastical Menagerie, Mrs Cleo's, Pythagorian, ......." ok now gotta go find other boxs of decks Ive stored away......

canid

I think the Paulina would be gorgeous all glittered up - mostly stippling, with all those dottie details. Wouldn't it be pretty? Of course, it may take a year to finish.

MysticalMoose

Ready to rock!

Right :D

I just went to the cheap beauty shop & stocked up on glittery & pearlescent polishes in varying colours, (about 12 bottles in all, (I got a tad carried away :rolleyes: ) & then to the art shop for a supply of long ultra fine paintbrushes & I'm ready to Pimp my Radiant Rider Waite... I think I shall start as soon as I've eaten my Giant Yorkshire pudding filled with sliced beef & vegetables & gravy topped with cheeshy mashed potatoes! - Now, which card shall I start with!!!! ooooo :D

Rasa

I'm curious about the longevity of the nail polish on the cards, from a practical perspective.... I hope it wouldn't flake and chip off too quickly with shuffling.

canid

Rasa said:
I'm curious about the longevity of the nail polish on the cards, from a practical perspective.... I hope it wouldn't flake and chip off too quickly with shuffling.

Me too. But it's gorgeous!

Kissa

just waiting for Liz Dean's Golden Tarot sent by filipa for the next trimming/pimping project.

If I weren't so broke, I'd buy some nice nail polish as well.

Oh and yes, a WARNING: pimping inclination seems to be a genetically transmitted defect, I'm afraid...
My 7yo daughter (she's a witch and an old soul) now wants to trim her mini White Cats, she already used some of my peel-off stickers to pimp her moneybox. The moment I come home with glitter nail polish, we'll have sparkling pets, I tell you...

She likes her mini White Cats so much though (and she gives me so cute & accurate readings with it), I think I should let her pimp it if she feels like. The trimming part, I would help/supervise, it is quite hard for her little hands ;-)

AJ

I'd pretty much stake my life that the nail polish will never come off unless for some reason you want to put 10 layers in the same spot. Maybe not even then.

I am crazy about my Anubis Oracle. The saddest part of pimping is it's so hard to show the work in a photo!
Here are my last two cards.

I'm trying to get my MIL to take a few days away from her stressful situation here...if she goes the minute she is gone, my pimp project moves to her dining table ;)

Khepera's wings are completely done,
it's head also, plus gold detailing on the body joints (BEAUTIFUL!!)
The moon, and above the earth.

Nut and Geb
Nuts hair, the stars and moon and sun
the breath from her mouth
the Rock background,
all the lotus are detailed,
Gebs necklace, wristlets,
hair and hair ornament

I so wish we could get together and show our stuff in real life.

Attachments

• Anubis Oracle glitzed.JPG
    Anubis Oracle glitzed.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 481

MysticalMoose

:D

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH! SHINYYYYYY!

Looks wonderful AJ :)
Last night I sat armed with many sparkly nailpolishes & began pimping by Radiant & wooo Hooooooo I am having FUN! Ive got some iridescent polishes which look great over the bright colours of the RRW.. Ive done a handful of cards Il try & post pics later.... Better get a few more done tonight!!!!