"Pimp my Rider!"

AJ

that looks like pretty big glitter Glass Owl, that is the one thing I'd avoid in using the polishes. If it is a deck you love using, the larger glitter polishes and the ones that have stars and other bits in them would no doubt scratch up the card backs when you shuffle. I'm not saying don't...and it would certainly be wild on a deck you didn't give a fig about.

I can do from one to three cards in an hour. So a considerable amount of time will be invested in my Anubis oracle. I'm glad I started on a deck I didn't much like, to get the fear of failure out of the way :)

canid

AJ, yeah, it is too bad that the pictures just don't do justice, isn't it? However, I can see the sparkle in yours, & because of that they're probably just beautiful! I've still only got my 20 cards done. And certain spots on other cards - I started with red first, on all the cards that had red on them to begin with, then got off my production line; that's why it's taking so long, I think. If you just do one color at a time, it'd go faster. You wouldn't be reaching for bottles, opening & closing, etc. I think I'll go back to the deck & do all the silver next, then gold, then blue, instead of finishing each card separately.

nisaba

You people are a Really Bad Influence.

It's down to you that, in the nearest craft supply shop I can access (with some travelling), I ended up in the paints section sourcing some paints with a fine glitter in them.

I ended up with four bottles: pearlescent white with pink and green glitter, translucent deep blue with pale blue glitter, translucent black with pink and green glitter (Just imagine what that will do to the Tower and the Nine Swords!), and metallic gold with gold glitter (I'm thinking specifically the Sun and all the Pentacles ...)

A day or two later (today) I dug out my standard RW, probably the least exciting deck I have in my collection. Later, I'll go in search of my paintbrushes generally - I'm sure I have a couple of very fine ones wherever-the-hell I have the rest of them.

shadowdancer

I would imagine really good brushes for this sort of work would be the disposable ones you find in beauty suppliers. The ones used for applying eyeliner or lipstick? You could get really fine line work with those

Davina

nisaba

<grin> Brushes are the least of my worries. I just can't believe I've succumbed. Yes, it's only the Tartan-backed RW, but - what the -

<cackles>

AJ

And you'll probably fall in love with it. I think that must be the key for members who order the Illuminated. It becomes their personal deck. I look forward to seeing what you do!

I only have about five cards left to do, I can't believe how much I love the glow and shine I've added to the deck. Really stunning project!

nisaba

I don't own a scanner, sadly. I do have friends, though.

I decided not to do whole cards, but to do colours. I've started with the black, and they're drying now. I'm particularly impressed by the look of Death's armour, the horse in the Knight Pentacles, and the sky in the Nine Swords.

Tomorrow I'll go through the deck including the ones I did today, and decide which ones I'm going to add the sparkly-blue to. Then the gold, then the white.

I'm a little bit clumsy, and probably half a dozen times I might have made tiny errors that are not very noticeable. I wiped one away immediately, but left the others. I found they made the cards endearing and human, they made them look hand-crafted rather than printed.

I think I might be about to enter a crisis: what if I end up *liking* the deck???

:bugeyed:

Myrrha

The Anubis Oracle looks lovely glittery.

I have long desired a "special glitter limited edition" of the Tarot of the Moon Garden. That deck absolutely cries out for glitter. My Moon Garden is the ultra shiny Italian one and I wonder if paint or nail polish would even stick to it. Maybe I'll wait until the new Chinese printing comes out.

More pictures please everyone. I'd especially love to see Canid and Nisaba's decks with the nail polish.

MysticalMoose

Im loving whats happeing ith my Radiant RW so far, I will try & get some pics done but my iphone has no flash so Im not sure if the glitter will show let alone the colours that I've enhanced with irridescent colours.... we will see.....

Glitterbird

Wow - Beautiful. I really want to try this but I'm afraid I'll run out of steam before I get thru them all.