Themes or Styles MISSING from Decks

emmsma

Since I don't like photographs on my decks either - such a picky woman! - I imagine nice drawings. Trying to think who I'd put on all the cards, but that would be another thread.

What styles/themes would you like to see, greatdane?

greatdane

Moody, Night Themes

Naturally moody, not too gothic or over the top. LOVE the BG, but for this deck, something less gothic, just more naturally dark and mysterious. Dark woods, flashes of something you aren't sure what it is, something that kind of draws in the imagination, lots of full moons....:))))

euripides

Quality art. Realistic, but actual drawing... really good sketches from artist who can actually draw. Someone who has actually attended a figure drawing class and knows what a cross-contour is.

greatdane

Oh THAT sounds LOVELY, Euripides

And intriguing. Any further thoughts? Sounds like one many would like so far!

Glitterbird

Where is my bird deck? Crows, Ravens, owls. Etc. I've never seen one, but I don't get out much. :D
Drawing, digital, doesn't matter I like it all. But I would want clear intense colors.

greatdane

Oh, that sounds grand, Glitterbird!

I LOVE ravens! Well, owls and other birds as well, but particularly ravens. THEY must go in my dark, moody, night deck I'm craving.

Chiska

For the Dogs...

Definitely drawings - but realistic ones. Not cartoony.

I have Catahoulas, and I would want them to be represented. As the Chariot, perhaps. They are independent dogs who have a great deal of will. They do what they need to do and don't need a mere human to direct them in their job (hunting up hogs, herding feral cattle, etc.).

I could see a pair of 'houlas on the chariot - one a red leopard (like my girl, Libby) and the other a patch work or even a blue leopard. (My boy is a golden brindle / leopard). Each one going a different direction, with the look of determination. They are assertive dogs that have aggressive jobs. Well, mine don't, though. They are couch potatoes. They also excel at lounging around!

Chiska

Glitterbird said:
Where is my bird deck? Crows, Ravens, owls. Etc. I've never seen one, but I don't get out much. :D
Drawing, digital, doesn't matter I like it all. But I would want clear intense colors.

Oooh!!! An Audubon deck! That would be so awesome - nuthatches, chickadees, brown creepers, falcons, ducks, etc.

HearthCricket

I would love to see more classic literature to tarot decks. We have Austen and Shakespeare, for example, but I would like to see a Dickens Tarot, Narnia Tarot, Beatrix Potter Tarot, Wind in the Willows Tarot, as well as a Wildlife Tarot. And I don't mean oracle as in Medicine cards or finding out your totem or guide. I want a down to earth Wildlife deck, with similar attitude as Pagan Cats...doing their real life things. A Sherlock Holmes Tarot would be rather cool! And still hoping for a Christmas Tarot in MM style.

greatdane

I'm familiar with Catahoulas, Chiska!

Incredible, unique dogs. I always picture them in the South. In the bayous. Although I know they are all over the place.

And bird decks, I think that would be a good addition.

Seems like there are lots of decks that haven't been made yet that readers would like to buy!