Guys who read Tarot

zombi00

i've been reading tarot for quite some time and i'm obscenely male. just as Rosanne hinted at before; things like divination and other 'psychic' endeavors had been the realm of men for years. or maybe thats because they controlled all the press...

tarotbear

Going back to stereotypes and gender ~

Who would get more attention -

A half-hour TV show with Arthur Waite or one with Miss Cleo?

Mathers or Mdme. Leonormand?

Crowley or Sybil Leek?

Tarotbear dressed conservatively or Madame ZAZA who 'knows all and See all?'

Maurice Woodruff or the storefront reader with the big crystal ball on her store sign?

Think about it.

Sophie

tarotbear said:
Going back to stereotypes and gender ~

Who would get more attention -

Crowley or Sybil Leek?

Tarotbear dressed conservatively or Madame ZAZA who 'knows all and See all?'

Maurice Woodruff or the storefront reader with the big crystal ball on her store sign?

Think about it.
I think A E Waite dressed up as Madame Zaza would get most attention of all.

DarkElectric

Alissa said:
Guys who read Tarot are sexy, period.... })

... :smoker:

Totally sexy. Oh yeah! Read on, Dudes!

shaveling

Miss Cleo, she's already proved she can build and hold and audience.

Although it was pre-TV, Mathers, too, proved himself a showman.

Crowley or Sybil Leek?
I doubt Mr. Crowley would do something that required the cooperative effort involved in making a television show. (Are we talking AFTRA here? It's hard to imagine him holding a union job.) Ms. Leek looked like somebody's Auntie Sybil, and could have been the Wiccan Mother Angellica. [For those who don't know American religious broadcasting, this a vote for Leek. Mother Angelica is Big.]

Tarotbear dressed conservatively or Madame ZAZA who 'knows all and See all?
TB will have a cult following of bear queens, who will try to peek up his sleeves to see his arm hair as he shuffles. How can Madame ZAZA compete with that?

Miss Cleo in reverse. These people have already proved they can't build and hold an audience large enough to keep a show on the air. Their only chance would be a reality show where each fortune teller had to predict how everyone would vote on who was going to be thrown out of the Big Psychic House. The one with the most accurate prediction would have the Astral Power of Veto.

All of this works out to a mix of men and women. I suspect that people generally expect readers to be women. But how accepting they are of a male reader probably has more to do with the reader's personal style than with the assumptions people had before they met him or saw him in action.

-shaveling

tarotbear

shaveling said:
Tarotbear dressed conservatively or Madame ZAZA who 'knows all and See all?
TB will have a cult following of bear queens, who will try to peek up his sleeves to see his arm hair as he shuffles. How can Madame ZAZA compete with that?

{Tarotbear rolls on the floor, laughing hysterically at that one! His boyfriend finds it rather funny, too!} :smoker:

Osher

Alissa said:
Guys who read Tarot are sexy, period....

Er, who am I to disagree :D! Yep, I'm a man, I love my Formula One, farting, food, fooling and females (not in necessarily in that order). Did I chose Tarot, or did Tarot chose me?

Scion

shaveling said:
Miss Cleo, she's already proved she can build and hold and audience.

I vote for a half hour tv show where A.E. Waite reads Miss Cleo. POssibly hosted by an unshaved Tarotbear dressed as Madame Zaza.

I'm a guy and have read Tarot all my life. No guff to speak of really, though definitely the raised eyebrow every now and again .. more for Tarot itself than for my having a penis. If anything I think people are intrigued and take it as an indicator of wanting to go beneath the surface... })

psychic sue

I'd love to meet a nice sensitive guy who reads tarot. Actually, I have only ever met one person who reads tarot other than myself. That's why it's great to be a member of ATF!

tonto

Alissa said:
Guys who read Tarot are sexy, period.... })

... :smoker:

Yea,

What Alissa said.
We can't help it, we just are,